Is there a way to disable low-level switch on NAD receiver?

Username: Backabeyond

Post Number: 4
hey,
anyone know if there's a way to disable the low level button on my NAD receiver? it's an ancient receiver, i think it's dated 1993. still sounds great. long story but i want to hook up my stereo to a smart switch that lets me turn on the stereo with my voice. i can do that now but the low level button is automatically switched on every time the stereo turns on, meaning i have to manually switch it off to get decent sound. call me lazy ;) but it's just for fun. thanks for any thoughts you may have...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18423

No idea, I don't remember a low level switch on any NAD. What's it do?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3446
Low Level switch cuts output about 20db. Useful for when answering the phone or door.

I think it may be a RELAY which if true means it could be disabled.

When you press the button can you hear a little 'ping' or other mechanical switching noise?

My now long-gone NAD1700 tuner / preamp had such a switch which is why I remember.

If you can get the schematic for the receiver, you can easily trace the circuit. A tech MAY have such paperwork, but extrememly unlikely. After all? A 20+ year old NAD is not an everyday fix.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18424

" ... the low level button is automatically switched on every time the stereo turns on ... "

Don't turn off the receiver.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us