Question about with wiring 2 4-ohms svc subwoofers with a mono 4 ohms amp or dual channel 2 ohms amp

Username: Mattc50940

Post Number: 1
Hello. This is my first post here ever. I have done some searching here in the community and I have not been able to find anything that answers my question dirrectly. I appologize that I created an account on here to ask a question but I really need help. The title pretty much explains my problem.

I have 2 4-ohms single voice coil subwoofers and I have the sony xplode (xm-1652z) amp. From my understanding I can either have a bridged (one channel) connection with 4 ohms. or dual channel with 2 2-ohms outputs.

From looking at wiring diagrams I believe i will not be able to wire these to be perfectly compatable. But this is all I have at the moment and I would like your help in deciding what my best option is.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18059

You're in the home audio section. While the basic physics of the system don't change, the manner in which a car system is put together is somewhat unique. Try the car section for your best answer.

Really, Sony calls their amp the "XPLODE"?!

As in "KABOOM"?!

Lordy! I think I'd want to stat away from that amp, - far away. Flying shrapnel, you know.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2269
You could use the amp in stereo. It won't harm the amp to drive a pair of 4 ohm subs. You could also get another identical amp and bridge both of them. This way, you have 4 ohm amps powering 4 ohm subs.

You never heard of Xplode Jan? You really do live under a rock. I am not, nor have I ever been into car audio, but I have certainly seen Xplode amps and speakers advertised. They've been everywhere since at least the early 90s for crying out loud!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18060

I live in a world where car stereo means just slightly less to me than you do, james. And that's saying a lot of nothing about car stereo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2270
Rest assured Jan, the feeling is mutual. However, I can't imagine how Sony Xplode gets past anyone's radar.

Username: Newwaysys

Vadodara, Gujarat

Post Number: 1
won't harm the amp to drive a pair of 4 ohm subs. You could also get another identical amp and bridge both of them. This way, you have 4 ohm amps powering 4 ohm subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2273
I already said that newwaysys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us