Recorder question

Username: Kid_disturbed

Post Number: 1
Hey peeps. I'm new to the board, and new to the whole recording music thing, so I thought this would be the best place to ask the question I have.

My question(s) is this......

My wife and I have a karaoke business we are starting. We have a good start on the cd part, but right now, our equipment is still for home use. (Old surround sound system, and a cheap karaoke machine. For now.) The other day we were talking about how it would be cool if we could hook the karaoke system up to a PA (maybe?)run that to a recorder, and then run that into the surround sound.

Essentially, what we was wondering, is it possible to have a recorder record our (Or whoever is singing) voices over top of the karaoke track, all while still allowing the people to hear it through the surround sound? I figured the PA would come in handy, as it would allow us to tweek the flatness and what not of the music and the singer, so we got the perfect sound, and the recorder would be able to record it, again while allowing the audience at our house (Or wherever we may be) to hear it as well.

Obviously afterwards, we'd be able to burn the cd's, giving us a cd of different people singing the tunes ya hear on the radio.

I hope this all made sense, and I hope someone here can help me out with the question(s).

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9168
You will need an audio mixer.
Check out DJ supplies. Numark, Audio Technica, Gemini, Pioneer, Roland, Stanton all make audio mixers. Go check them out.

Username: Kmbdaisy

Post Number: 1
i have a cdr 785 audio cd recorder and i haven't used in quite awhile and it is saying update when i want to go from cd to cd,simply i forgot how to do it
}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us