Klipsch Subwoofer Connect To Denon Amp

Username: Incurablegeek

Post Number: 1
Briefly my system has:

1) 2 Sony SS-B3000 Bookshelf Speakers - Front Wall Mounted

2) 2 Polk TSi500 Floorstanding Speakers - Rear

3) Klipsch SW-350 Subwoofer - Rear Floor

4) Denon AVR2112CI Integrated Network A/V Surround Receiver

Problem: What is the optimal way to connect the Subwoofer to the Denon Amp? Why a problem. Well, the Subwoofer Sound In on the back of the Denon Amp is for Fiber Optic and the Klipsch Subwoofer does not have a Fiber Out.

Purpose of the System: I listen to jazz while working on the computer and therefore have the system set up in stereo mode; not for traditional 5.1 Channel AV

See attached snippets. (Note: Unable to attach snippets although I have shrunk them to fit on a pinhead. Sorry.)

Thanks for any help and my apologies for such a stupid question. Although I am "old" to computers, I am "new" to AV.

Question: I am told that I need to present an "argument" to bold, underline or format text. How and where to do so?

Post Number: 2
No more help required. Thanks for everything.

My mistake was in thinking the subwoofer output on the Denon Amp was optical. It was just good old RCA, so I bought:

1) 25 foot of cable

2) Cable splitter

I found what I needed over at MonoPrice.

Once again, sorry to be such a PITA.http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603 &p_id=2683&seq=1&format=2http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603 &p_id=6261&seq=1&format=2

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2953
It's a little OT but new to me. Many, (most?) new TVs have an optical out. Used to connect a sound bar, it is a way to restore at least minimal sound quality to your TV since the modern set sounds no better than a clock radio. This drives the net cost of a decent set way up.

I've never seen a sub connect w/optical.

Somewhere buried in the sites 'helps' are instructions on how to do all sorts of stuff you'd think would be easy but requires proper formatting.

Post Number: 3
"I've never seen a sub connect w/optical."

That was my stupid mistake. What I thought was an optical connect on the amp was actually for a shielded RCA cable.

Sorry to have annoyed you with such a silly problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us