Pioneer PDR-509 - help?

Unregistered guest
hi,

i've just bought the above cd recorder. it came with no leads as it was secondhand. I've got the optical lead connecting it to the cd player, and 2 audio leads to the amp, but after trying 100s of times to record to cd, it still won't work. can anyone give me a simple guide of how to do it, i find the manual confusing.

thanks.

subcrazed
Unregistered guest
thats just not cool man get sometin better than that junk you got.

Unregistered guest
Did you have any luck?
we have the same, also bought secondhand, and we can't get it to recognise any kind of cd, therefore we can neither record or playback. Anybody have any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Hetty, you have to use Music CDRs. The Pioneer will not write to standard CDRs. A ;-)

Unregistered guest
contact me at dynogyno@excite.com.....I have an owner's manual....The disc you need will have a symbol of a music note next to "cd-r". The discs are not cheap.

Unregistered guest
My recorded CD's won't play back on any regular CD player. I did Finalize them of course. Is there a way to intensify the burning process?

Username: Chunky

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 1
I would suggest trying just one of the digital conections at a time( coax or optical) & around the right way of course. The manual does'nt say not to double up only that it's not necc.I'm using the analog conections through an amp & everythings fine. My only problem at the moment is trying to duplicate my recordings using my pc & sonic record now. Will investigate further & add another post. Any suggestions?

Username: Frito123

Hi, HELPPPP, I have a pioneer pdr509, tried recording on cdr from vinyl, and nothing records, what buttons do i need to push, I am a total illiterate on this, can anyone help me, step by stop... please.....have old 45's i want to records and can't figure it out. thanks

nissanfam @ aol. com
Unregistered guest
my pdr509 when ever i try to record it comes showing pro disc and wont record do any body have any suggestions

joe1989
Unregistered guest
hi i have the same problem as hetty but im using music cdr's and it still won't read is it possible it just can't read new cd's

Anonymous

I am trying to record onto a CD music disc. The signal coming from a separate CD player through a PA system, outputs from the PA the Recorder is plugged into. I am laying down the vocals throught the PA as well. And the recorded CD will play maybe the 1st song and then stop on a regular CD player. And in my car CD player every tiny bump the CD skips or stops. It sounds like the CD recording is not cut deep enough. Do I need to increase intensity of the recording? How do I do this, I have the increase on the PDR509 to max already.

Anonymous

I am trying to record onto a CD music disc. The signal coming from a separate CD player through a PA system, outputs from the PA the Recorder is plugged into. I am laying down the vocals throught the PA as well. And the recorded CD will play maybe the 1st song and then stop on a regular CD player. And in my car CD player every tiny bump the CD skips or stops. It sounds like the CD recording is not cut deep enough. Do I need to increase intensity of the recording? How do I do this, I have the increase on the PDR509 to max already.

lookylad
Unregistered guest
damn, i guess we're all just fucked!

sinmetalhead
Unregistered guest
This is a very good and user-friendly recorder. I've been using it for 5 years and still working fine. Few things to note:
1. Connect coaxial cable from CD player digital out to "Digital In" of PDR509;
2. Select COA using the knob on PDR509;
3. Using only 'CD-R Consumer'.
4. Select "Syn" to synchronize the digital signal for recording;
5. Press PLAY on the cd player.
6. You're On!

Unregistered guest
Here's the scoop: standalone CD burners like pioneer, teac, yamaha, etc. require a CR-R for "digital audio" (check the logo, it's different from the rest). The reason is simple: these manufacturer's made had to commit to a liscensing agreement with ASCAP, SOCAN, BMI (the royalties folks) which forces them to use discs that have a a hefty tarif built into the price; compensation for illegal copying of music). These discs are identical to regular (cheaper) data-grade CD-Rs, but have an indellible code burned into them from the factory. This code identifies the disc as one with "mechanical royalties compensation" built into the price. When you try to use a disc without this code (i.e. regular CD-R discs) the machine rejects it and tells you that it is a "Pro Disc"... Why? As far as the royalties organizations are concerned, "Professional" musicians should be able to record their own music without paying a tarrif on the blank media. Presumeably, a professional musician will buy a "professional" recorder, which can use standard CD-R discs. The catch is that professional CD recorders are anywhere from 3 to 5 times as expensive as "consumer" recorders.
The solution: if you own a Pioneer PDR509 (or similar machine) you own a very nice CD player with a very high quality playback. Enjoy it. It makes really great sounding recording - far better than most computer based burners. If you are serious about sound quality, you won't mind spending $3 per disc. If you are musician, produce your music on your computer and use your computer burner for working copies. Buy a good sound card (M-Audio is a good choice). Connect the digital audio output of your sound card to the digital input of the PDR-509 and use it to make $3 copies when you want to impress agents and record company execs.

Cheers!

Unregistered guest
hi does anyone have an owners manual for the pioneer pdr 509...my unit was manufactured in 2000...I just got a used one but no manual...I would appreciate someone telling me how to get one...you may contact me at nancy_ellen56@yahoo.com
Thank you

Michael J
Unregistered guest
I just got a PDR-509 in excellent condition. I would like to have a manual if soneone has one, although I have been able to figure most of it out by downloading the PDR-609 manual from the Pioneer website for free. It has extra features but seems to cover all the basics. Pioneer does not have the PDR-509 manual available for download but they'll sell you a copy for $13.00+
1-800-421-1404 USA

ANNNIE
Unregistered guest
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON WHAT BUTTONS I NEED TO PUSH TO RECORD? I HAVE MISPLACED MY MANUAL.
THANK YOU.

Username: Deejayrikardo

Hi

WHEN i want record a cd, the machine tell me "PRO DISC" and i cant record a cd...why?

Help me

Username: Pdr609

Hello, In fact it is simple, it is enough to put Cd "for audio", it initializes the beaches (recognize it like audio Cd) then to put a traditional cdr without opening the drawer and then one can engrave. It is necessary to engrave in a blow out of synchro finalizes and all cases to finalize absolutely before leaving CD. That imposes that the cap is opened, that the cap of shielding interns is removed, then to remove the 2 screws which maintains the metal disc pressing. So that Ca is more practical then, one can make an opening in the cap.

Username: Bennettj

Gilbert, AZ USA

Here's the scoop for recording: First, you must use a CD-R "Music" (you can get them at Walgreens). Plug your device into the RCA jacks (I use analog from a tape deck or turntable). Put the CD inthe recorder, push the record button, start the analog device, then push the play button (>). The red light will come on indicating it is recording. When you are finished recording, press the stop button (square), wait a few seconds, then push the finalize button, wait a few seconds - then then a time will appear (mine says 4 minutes 15 seconds) - then PUSH the PAUSE button and the time will countdown to zero. When it finishes, your recording is complete! I've made a zillion CDs from cassettes and records using the PDR-509. It does a great job! When you flip the record over, just push the pause button ("), then when you are ready to continue recording, push the play button again (>).

Post Number: 2
Hello,

Yes, but one speaks in the use of standard data-processing CD and the way of trapping the recorder. On PDR509 or PDR609 that functions very well, only constraint, to remove the cap mettalic as well as the device of the metal disc pressing and initialized the recorder before any recording with a CD-R "music" as I explained to the top...!

@ + JF

PDR609 et PDR509

Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Great, I have 200 blank cdr discs of the wrong kind. Oh well, I got one 50 pack right. Have not tested the Pdr 609 yet. Still shopping for a turntable. ??

Post Number: 3
Afflicted, I did not include/understand anything... ... the translator is not terrible

Username: Decapolis

Denton, Tx United States

there's got to be some remote hacks to bypass this lock. I cant find the old sites that had the codes though. Upload

Username: Mrsillie

Harper woods, Mi Usa

i have a pdr 509.does anyone know how to make seperate tracks between the songs you record.i have to push my pause 4 or 5 times to do this.milt in detroit}

Username: Barney_g

@mrsillie:
to separate tracks while recording simply switch the "Auto/Manual" button on the left bottom to "manual" (its LED now indicates "Manual" - you can still switch while recording!) - and then simply lightly press "Write (Manual)" one time/ each time whenever you want a new ID to be set without stopping the recorder.
The complete process of recording an analog source:
@all: before recording, initially turn the "Input Selector" on the left to "Analog" (see display for "ANA") - that's important!
Now press "Record", play back your source and set the volume level ("Analog Rec Level") -
be carefull: my experience is it should always(!) clearly remain below the zero db mark, means never even touching the red to be on the safe side and avoid any digital distortion.

To start recording or stop it press "Pause".
When finished the whole thing, press "Stop".

You can already listen to what you've done (for switching between tracks turn the "Digital Rec Level" knob top right!) and even get back to recording a further track by again pressing "Record" and then "Pause" to start it - but NEVER remove the cd before it is finalized!

When you're done, press "stop" and then "Finalize". Now wait a moment - the recorder will show you something like "4:02", which is the time it will take to process the finalizing, the exact duration depends on your disc and recording time.
Then press "Pause" - this starts the finalizing process - and wait until the recorder, while counting down the time to zero, finally stopps before you can remove your finished cd.

Ready. That's very simple once you got it...

As some other folks already stated, be sure of using CD-R Audio (or CD-RW Audio) or "for recording" or "recordable" disc's only - others won't function.

Have fun!

Username: Geez

does anyone know where I can buy cd-r or cd-rw disc for this thing ? ( pioneer pdr-509 )

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 765
I have a Pioneer 609 that works with the common cdr discs from Office Depot, Sam's Club, Kroeger and other places selling electronics.
I just got a Tascam cdr that I hope is better. The Pioneer is not bad though. I have not tested the Tascam out to record but it sounds good on store bought cds.

Username: Leegirl55

I have a pioneer pdr-509 compact disc recorder.. I have had it hooked up the same way for years and never had any issues recording. Now when I push the record button the screen says Pro Disc then says "Moni" instead of going to the record-pause mode.. The manual says to just the monitor button again and it will go away.. It goes away but does not start recording.
Please help me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us