Amp suggestion for office

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1816
I posted this question in amps since it's a question about amps, but got no response. So here it is. I need to power a small pair of single driver speakers for my office. 1 to 2 wpc ought to be good. It's for an iPod. I looked at possible using an LM386 amp kit, but they produce a fuzzy background noise, so I'd like to see about something else. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2759
Some flavor of T-amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1817
Know of any good JFET amps Leo? I looked online and didn't see any, but I was having a connection issue at that point.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2761
Just from memory? Go look at the Pass DIY site. I think he used JFETs in some of his designs. Pass updated a tube design he calls the circulatron or some such. I think that was one JFET project.

Buy a board and the parts kit. Spend some time learing how to solder REAL good. (The bigger the blob, the better the job....is NOT the right approach.)
Have a tech standing buy to help bring it up and do the bias adjust.
Your wife will think you've gone nuts. Don't inhale the flux fumes.

It'll keep you out of trouble, too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1819
Thanks Leo. I'll have to check that out. I'm not exactly a total nube to soldering parts on a board. Yes, I have a Weller soldering iron because I don't solder enough to justify an upgrade, but it works for what I do with it. Anyway, I'll let you know what I come up with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us