Need Help

Username: Robert77

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am in need of some help. I have purchased a Yamaha AV471 Receiver and I have hooked it up to my Samsung television and surround sound speaker system, but I cannot get a picture to stay on the tv or any sound coming out either, I do have sound coming out when the radio is on so the Receiver and Speakers work, but not the television and I am not understanding the manual on how to program everything correctly. Any help at all will be appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17261

There's no simple way to tell you over a forum how to hook up a specific system. Depending on how you want the system to operate, you could connect the system in several different ways that would all work but require different operational configurations. Where did you buy the receiver? Do they offer after the sale assistance?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2756
Most (all, really) manuals have a section on 'how to connect'. This section is always liberally sprinkled with illustrations. Slowly go thru those pages and see what 'fits'.

Basically, all you need is a source hooked up to the receiver and daisy chained to the TV. HDMI will carry all audio / video

But, that being said, start with the pictures. Be ready to substitute another display for the Samsung...just to be sure.

Something to consider:
If the set is an older model SamSung DLP, it may have picked just this moment to pack up. If so, take it to the local electronics landfill and buy a plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us