Lifestyle 20 and Acoustimass Unit. No Audio Output

Username: Druid

Post Number: 1
Can anyone help please? My wife and I have recently moved house and inherited a Bose Lifestyle 20 Music Centre with a Bose Lifestyle 25 Acoustimass Powered Speaker Unit. (Serial No AM250BU101340). The 5 speakers are pre wired into the house.
I plugged my TV output into "video 2" of the music centre and moved the Acoustimass unit. Since then there is no audio output from the unit. I have plugged in headphones to check the music centre is working and it is. I have followed the troubleshooting instructions in the user manual (cycled power and checked cable connections)and all seems OK. I have power to the Acoustimass unit cable but there is no indicator on the unit, nor is there a "power on" switch as shown in the manual. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 508
You may not find this helpful, but my first thought, get rid of the whole system. If it's Bose, out it goes!

If you're going to keep it see if an interconnet or power cable was disconnected when you moved it or if a wire within the cable is broken especially at or near the RCA plug. If it's wireless, you may have moved the bass unit too far from the transmitter. If the transmitter and/or receiver is battery powered, change the battery in one or both units. If they're plugged in via adapter, maybe the adapter unplugged from the unit. That's a few things to check. Keep me posted okay?

Username: Druid

Post Number: 2
SuperjazzyJa. Thanks for the advice. Whilst a replacement unit of another make is an attractive option , the thought of rewiring the very well situated speakers isn't an attractive one. I have checked all the cable connections and my thought is that the main connector cable between the "speaker zone1" output on the music centre and the Acoustimass unit is defective. I'm guessing this is an easier cheaper alternative to trying to get the Acoustimass checked out? is there an internal fuse on the Acoustimass unit? and if so how do I get the rear cover off? Thanks again

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 538
The Bose equipment I've had a chance to see about fixing didn't appear to have any fuses. There were only a few. I just don't like Bose sound and feel that there is much better equipment for less $. To me, buying Bose is like paying champaign price for the cheapest, lamest, poorest excuse for beer around. That's just my opinion. Without actually looking at what you have and how it's arranged, I can't tell you a whole lot. I've never looked at the accoustimass 25. You should go to Bose's website. They should be able to help and tell if there are fuses and where. They should also be able to suggest other reasons for not getting sound. It might be one of those stupid little things that you hit yourself in the head for and say "Duh!" Like maybe you accidently hit a switch while moving it. It could a serious issue that's very expensive to fix. Replacing the system with something better might not be as hard as you think. You probably could use the same wires rather than rewire. Find out what you can and get back to me, okay?

Username: Umeshs

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a problem with my Bose lifestyle 20. two sat speakers are working ok but sub is not. the sub gives a"thump" on Power ON and goes quite. can anyone help with the amplifier schematic for this. I think Bose acoustimass 12 is similar to this.

Username: Umeshs

Post Number: 2
Hi, can someone please help. you can send me the schematic on my email umesharma360@gmail.com
Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us