JBL Sub300 high pitch squeal

Username: Heritage1

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Newb here with a request for help. My subwoofer recently started to squeal every time it is powered on. Any suggestions as to a possible fix or if worth fixing? Please see YouTube link below.

http://youtu.be/zIpdPUMgtJY

Thank you.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18113

There are really no serviceable parts on this component. This is particularly true if you have to ask what is wrong with the unit. If you don't have the equipment to diagnose the problem, you probably don't have the equipment to repair the unit.

Most of this sub's electronics are modular and you'll be paying to replace chunks, not discrete parts. Diagnosing a chunk though is not something that can be performed over a forum.

Take the unit to an authorized repair center and ask for an estimate of costs. This is typically run between $40 and $60 and will be applied to the actual repair if you proceed.

Only you can decide the worth of this sub. If you don't think it's worth even spending the estimate costs, take a look at a new unit.

Username: Heritage1

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice Jan, it is much appreciated. Your assessment is accurate... I don't have the tools or know how to diagnose/correct the problem, I had hoped perhaps it would be an easy fix. I will be replacing the unit with a new one.

Username: Bill60750

SantiagoChile

Post Number: 5
For bose subwoofer 30,someone can tell me how to jumper 110 to 220 volt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts