Converting LP's to CD

Username: Cdubau

Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Does anyone know of a device to convert LP's to CD I've heard of it but I forgot the name of it.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 524
You can do it on your computer, or buy a cd recorder.

Unregistered guest
A couple of important questions:
So how do you do to burn on PC CDs?
Which cables to use?
Connect Amp to PC or Turntable to PC?
Which Software to capture music?
Thanks
Evert

Username: Portdawg92

Post Number: 2
If you find any information about how to do this please email badbadgerbrad@yahoo.com

Username: Thomas_frieder

Staten Island, New York USA

Post Number: 3
Some newer turntables can be patched into your soundcard directly but most turntables need a pre-amped stereo reciever/amp (a reciever or amp with a turntable input)... most soundcards might need a y-connector (2 RCA female to 1/8 phono -the same plug found with walkman headphones) to patch into your PC...then there's tons of software out there(some free); Musicmatch, roxio has a couple, liquid music, etc., select your recording source as analog to copy direct to hard disc (generally creating a WAV file for the whole side of the Lp...or record each track individually if you want each song separately)...that's when you want to tinker with the sound at that point. However if you want to clean up or remove LP noise such as snaps and pops you need the higher level software that offer those filters such as roxio, dart pro, sound forge, Diamond cut, etc. to accomplish this..if you want to avoid costs, hunt the file sharing services for these software or try a software that offers a trial versions to see if you can use it correctly. I've used a couple of the above software with mixed results it takes time to tinker to get the volume to match the rest of your Cd wav files...but worth it for good 80's music that's only on vinyl......one last point...you cannot adjust the volume from the turntable end...you must do it on the PC end....good luck tom f NYC

Anonymous

Attach Phono to AMP using RCA jacks then from 'Rec out' jacks to sound card input using RCA cable.

jkoyote
Unregistered guest
when you use the y cable that directs both rca channels into a single 1/8 jack, doesn't that result in a mono wav file?

pittmlis
Unregistered guest
Not if you use a stereo y adaptor (the kind with 2 black breaks along the length of the 1/8" plug) and a stereo 1/8" jack.

pjk
Unregistered guest
I am making MP3's and CD copies of my record collection- I have done about 200 LP's so far using a cheap AT $99 turntable- would I have higher quality finished MP3's and CD's if I upgraded the turntable and stylus? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us