Sub woofer wiring.

Username: Cartandpeg

Post Number: 1
Apologies if this has been asked before.
I am giving my daughter my AV Receiver a Yamaha HTR-5930,I will be using her speakers which she has been using from her DVD Player.
How ever her sub woofer is not powered where upon mine is and I wish to keep mine for my new Receiver can I wire her sub into my receiver,she has just the basic speaker wires going into her sub,if so how do I do this.
Also two of her speakers have an independence of 3 ohms with a max input power of 125 watts the rest being 6 ohms with max 250 watts,my speakers have 6 ohms with max 120 watts,would these speakers oh hers be ok to use.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

Post Number: 2
Bit of an amendment to my original post,my sub woofer is connected into my receiver via an rca plug so would I be able to just wire her sub up to a plug and just plug it into the back the receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaspermerlin

Post Number: 16
not an rca plug. its basicly just a speaker. you need a low pass crossover between the speaker and the amp to us it. my sugestion is to look at partsexpress.com. they have a dayton 150 watt amp that can be bridged to work with her sub. for $140.00 even cheaper is to buy a powered sub from them for $100.00 other than that. it won't work as you suggest.

Post Number: 3
Ok Thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help