GUI Problem,maybe?

Bronze Member
Username: Cartandpeg

Post Number: 15
I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V 667 receiver and have managed to work most things out on the unit.But,when I am playing a DVD and I use the( I think it is called GUI) I lose the picture opening the GUI and when I close the GUI,if that's not the correct term,then what I do is open an on screen menu enabling me to adjust sound, set up etc.It only happens when playing DVD not on TV. it is HDMI from DVD to receiver,HDMI to TV and digital optic cable from TV back to receiver,in case that helps.
Is this the norm for this to happen,from what I am trying to find out(reading here and there) one should not lose the picture.

Yikes its all good I rang the crowd I got it from and they are telling me this is the norm for it to do this,should done that in first place
Thank you.
Andrew.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Mmmmmmmm or maybe not,the reviews I have read suggest that I can use the On Screen Display without it effecting the picture.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16263

I've never heard of any source player overriding the current on screen display, Andrew. As a rule remote functions are intended to make life with multiple components less of a hassle, not more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I found the problem Jan,it was my DVD player,settings where below 1080.
Ty.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16274

Very good. Deciphering such information from an owner's manual can sometimes be similar to reading ancient Mandarin tanslated into Yiddish and then into some sort of unknown language spoken by no living creature.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us