Need Advice on top quality speakers

Username: Dsk

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Near my TV that is wall mounted I have two natural boxes built in as part of the wall. I want to insert two bookshelf speakers in there by cutting into the wall. I think bookshelf speakers will sound better than in-walls. The box size is 14"x28"x16" deep. I will need something that is front-ported. I wish to spend about $1000 for a speaker pair. I am not trying to save money. I want to utilize the space. I will need to find some customized white grills to cover the fronts. Any ideas on what to buy or how to proceed? Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2341
Most hi-fi guys buy what the ear tells them they like best...than install and tune in a room.
Generally the idea is for equipment and speakers to compliment one another.
Just buying a speaker to fill a hole would generally be considered a bad idea. The result will be only OK, unless you get real, real lucky.
Put books or some decorative stuff in the holes and get some stand mount monitor type speakers.....

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1409
DSK, First consider what Leo said. Sound advice there, I assure you. You might also see about wall mountable speakers as in mounted OUTSIDE the wall.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us