Kenwood VR-606/Subwoofer issues

Username: Kccowboy

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I am having trouble with my subwoofer. When I select CD/DVD on my receiver, the subwoofer button disappears and I get LFE next to it. I have tested the subwoofer with the testones and it seems to be working. When I switch to another imput, the SW seems to be lit up.

I have tried replacing the cord from the subwoofer to the receiver and that did not make any difference.

Please help. FYI, I have a PS3 connected to the CD/DVD port using an optical cable.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16053

Which "button" lights up is unimportant. LFE is a designation of "Low Frequency Effects" as they relate to video sources - exactly what you would expect from the DVD. What matters is whether the subwoofer is functioning on all sources. Does the subwoofer make bass with the DVD and other inputs? If so, don't worry about what "button" is lit.

Post Number: 2
The subwoofer works with the radio tuner. The problem only seems to be through the PS3. I did a few tests and SW button is lit until the PS3 sends sound to the receiver, then it turns off the SW button and the LFE lights up. You said it probably doesn't matter, but it seemed weird.

By the way, the subwoofer worked before. I hooked everything up a long time ago. I wasn;t having this trouble until a couple of days ago when I turned on the receiver and it took a while for the screen to come on. Much longer than normal. I actually turned off the system a couple of times until it started to work. Then I started to have this issue.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16056

You can try a user reset though I don't see anything necessarilly wrong with what you describe. Unplug the receiver from the AC outlet and allow it to rest for one hour. If this returns the unit to what you consider normal operation, fine. If not but the sub is operational, then I wouldn't worry.

Post Number: 3
I am still having the issue. I unplugged it and let it sit for 12 hours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us