AMP UPGRADING HELP

Username: Metallic

Post Number: 1
I want to upgrade my amplifier, I currently have a Yamaha (receiver rx-v 430) and it doesn't sound really well when I play LP/Tape - not warm at all. My room is not big; I play music on the amp about six hours a day.
I don't want an extremely warm (physically)amp because I live in a pretty hot place so sitting next to an oven for six hours a day is not an option.

I don't really know where to begin, this is a list of the amp's I can afford (used) Please recommend the best 3 amps for me and what I should check.
I play many tapes/vinyls/cd's, listening with monitor speakers YAMAHA MSP5,Nakanichi LX-3 tape deck and a regular new Sherwood PM 9805 turntable.
This is the list of the amp's I can afford (used):
REGA ELEX,UHER ua-80 ,PROTON AP 2000 II, B&ampK ,SONY N110,Luxman LV-111/LV 100/ LV 102/ L230,ADCOM GFA 5300,sansui av-6500,Onyko model-m 282,NAD 705,ROTEL RSP 966 /RA-9408X integrated/ 840 BX4 or maybe I should an extra 50$ and buy a rotel RX 875 ?

I listen mainly to extreme metal but I do spin all kinds of music.
Please help me!
red{}}

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15859

Buy either a Rotel, NAD or B&K.

Username: Metallic

Post Number: 2
Which rotel that is onthe list you'd recommend ?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15863

Any, Rotel has a very consistent house sound and one Rotel sounds pretty much like the rest. Since you have no way to audition the amp before buying, it's kinda up to you as to which one you prefer. Since you've not provided any real clue regarding what you're wanting from the new system you're more or less saying I want a "comfortable" car. The Rotel sound is better overall than the Yamaha in ways that matter to the music but of the three I mentioned it would be the last one I would describe as "warm".

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us