Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1148
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/usbdacs2/1.html

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1149
http://www.stereomojo.com/Eastern%20Electric%20MiniMax%20DAC%20Review/EasternEle ctricMiniMaxDACReview.htm

Another review. Being an owner of an EE cdp, I expected great things from their DAC. $750 is a good price point too.

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1178
Looks like the guy who turned me on to the Wyred 4 Sound DAC knew what he was talking about. And, if the 1 is that good, how good at the DAC 2 be? "Very interesting", to quote Sargeant Schultz.

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 876
I'm kind of disappointed to see the Mhdt DAC get the brunt of the criticism. In terms of user reviews online, it seems lot of people love the sound of their DACs. And I've always wanted to hear a DAC like it that has no oversampling or brick wall filter, for a sound that is most true to the source.

I've always wondered about the Decware ZDAC too. It scored really well. Wyred 4 Sound seems to be the hot DAC right now. Good reading, but of course we all know what it ultimately comes down to.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4247
Very interesting reading. That's pretty much the first time I've heard the Mhdt DAC wasn't the best thing since sliced bread.

Interestingly enough, I read that the Rega DAC is non-oversampling and non-upsampling in order to keep the signal as pure as possible. I'm pretty sure that came from Music Direct's website. The have it listed, but no ships by date.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4248
Also...

The Wyred DAC looks very interesting. If they didn't charge a 10% or 15% restocking fee if I return it, I'd have bought one to try out at home. $150 or so plus shipping if I didn't like it just doesn't sound right to me.

The only criticism I've heard of it was that a couple people on Audiogon found it almost dark sounding.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4556
I read those same criticisms about the Wyred DAC too Stu.

15% restocking fee sucks.

Still waiting for our resident DAC expert to pick one up and report back. Take one for the team Nick!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15642

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1181
Nick,

The sound you hear is my fingers drumming on the table. . . drum drum drum. Are we there yet?

Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us