Stereo receiver to match PSB Image T5 speakers

Username: Plenescence

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have any thoughts about a stereo receiver (or amp+tuner combination) that would nicely match a pair of PSB Image T5 speakers for music (classical/rock/electronic)? I'm not interested in surround sound.

I listen to about 40 % FM radio (classical/rock/electronic), 40 % CDs, 10 % streaming from iTunes, and 10 % movies.

From past experience, I prefer a sound that people seem to best describe as 'accurate' as opposed to 'warm'.

I can put my speakers about 1.4 m apart, and my listening position is about 1.5 m from the mid-way point between the speakers.

My local dealer is suggesting a Cambridge Audio SR10 receiver, which they stock and will let me audition. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or other potential set-ups?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1825
I don't know how it'd get along with your PSBs, but the Outlaw RR2150 has plenty of power, and is the receiver you crave.
The home trial aspect of the purchase indicates that Outlaw has good confidence you'll like it. 'B' stock sometimes available. 500$ or 600$ is the price of admission.
Styling? Not my cup of tea, but these guys sell and have been inproduction for a while.
Others like some of the choices from HK..........hmmmmmmm

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4104
NAD is a natural pairing with PSB. Both companies are owned by the same parent company and use each other's products for voicing.

The NAD 725BEE is a 325BEE and tuner in one box. They may have updated it a model number or so. A little on the warmer side of neutral, but the PSBs balance that out pretty well.

I had an NAD 320BEE and Image T55s for a while. Very good combo IMO. MOre money will get you better, but for the money it's very tough to beat IMO.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13439
I like this recommendation. The NAD is a fine receiver and will mate well with the PSB's.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the tips, everyone, especially those with hands-on experience of PSB speakers. It's very helpful.

By the way, beyond being owned by the same parent company, is there any technical reason why the NAD amps can be paired well with PSB speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4107
They're voiced together, meaning when they're designing a PSB speaker, they use an NAD amp to fine tune what it sounds like.

If you agree or disagree that the final voice is correct or incorrect is another discussion.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15577
If HT were involved, I would suggest the new Anthem MX series, and since we are receivers, the Anthem 225 integrated need not be mentioned.
A shame, really...

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 3310
Indeed Nuck.

I 'third' this recommendation :

http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-receivers/C-725BEE-Stereo-Receiver

Post Number: 4
Thanks again to all those who responded. I'm continuing to audition various options.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us