A suitable CD player

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffbucks

Post Number: 34
Hello everyone, One of my friends has boght a nice system including focal electras 1038Be,Pass lab X350.5 power & XP-20 Pre and vanden Hul balanced interconnects and speaker cables, But still looking for CD player.

Our choices here are limited to: Primare CD-31,Unison research CDE- vincent cd-s5,advance accoustic mcd403-mcd 203,roksan.

please advise.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 3021
Well, they are all fine choices, but like we tell many folks here, it's your ears that have to listen to them. None of us are likely to have the exact components and we don't have the same ears, but auditioning (preferrably with the abovementioned gear in the home) is the only way to get it right. I know that is not always possible.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14698
Why would someone with that kind of investment be limited to any 3 players?
Is your friend bound by a trade-in at a dealer who only offers these (good/very good) products?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14699
If so, then simply take each palyer home for a trial. Buyers money/credit

Bronze Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 24
Yeah .. I am absolutely agree to Nuck.. If you have to choose a cd player from Primare CD-31,Unison research CDE- vincent cd-s5,advance accoustic mcd403-mcd 203,roksan only then take a trial for each one and then decide the one which you find the best...!!

Username: Tubmanaxton

Post Number: 1
I'm having a lot of problems with vlc lately. I downloaded the latest version at the vlc player download page but for some reason it keeps crashing all the time. Just download vlc. It's much better than the average media player since it plays virtually any video/audio file format out there and has already all the codecs preinstalled.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us