Lost audio conundrum!!

Username: Pgagnon

Post Number: 1
Came home yesterday and flipped on the tv - No audio. The audio is fed direct between the cable box and the receiver via optical. Removing the cable feed from the box and connecting it direct to the TV, I was able to get audio. This would normally lead me to believe that I have an issue with the cable box or the audio cable BUT... when I turned on my xbox and played a video, I didn't get audio through the receiver. All other audio from the xbox works fine (dashboard, games). The xbox audio is fed through the receiver via HDMI. Any ideas what the common link might be????

Bronze Member
Username: Chriswild87

Holden, MA

Post Number: 62
Check to see it the assignments are correct i.e if Xbox is in HDMI2video make sure source is HDMI2 for sound and cable video is to the corresponding optical input. Beyond that any error messages? Check all your speaker cables make sure + and - are not touching etc. This would put the amp into protect mode.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15364
pgagnon

Unhook the power cord of your receiver for few minutes then try it again!

Username: Pgagnon

Post Number: 2
I have to be honest, I never would have thought that a receiver would have to be "rebooted", but that did it! Thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15386
pgagnon

My 9 years old home theater receiver needed sometime a reboot then my new Yamaha also, certainly it work under windows OS! LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us