Will Bose Single Cube Speakers Work With Sony Subwoofer?

Username: Makes1

Post Number: 4
Got a friend that will practically give me the Sony BDV-E570 Blue Ray home theater system. My Bose system is KO'd but there is no way to mount the sony speakers that come with unit to my ceiling where my 5 Bose Single Cube speakers are neatly mounted. The speakers are from the Lifestyle 18-II System. Can I just leave the Bose speakers in place? Thanks

Username: Makes1

Post Number: 5
BUMP ???

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15419
Give it a try. Bose does some funky stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1591
http://www.orbaudio.com

Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1
You SHOULD be able to use any sub with any satellites. However, you might have to play around with the frequency and level controls on your sub as well as the bass control on your receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 161
M.A. to expand a little on what I said before, I had to turn the bass control all the way down (-10 dB) and set my sub's frequency control at 40 Hz (the lowest setting) and keep the level way down in order to properly tune it. Of course room accoustics play a big part here. The subwoofer is a ferocious little beast in a room that reinforces bass like it's nobody's business. So you may have to do something rather extreme to get it sounding right, but the speakers should work together. I'd imagine when using cubes, you'll probably need to have the sub's frequency control set pretty high.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us