Squeezebox Owners?

Bronze Member
Username: Josh784

Post Number: 53
Are there any Squeezebox owners around? For $300, they appear to be an excellent way to create an easily accessible library of music for casual listening.

I've been considering ripping all of my CDs to an external hard drive in FLAC format, and using that as the library for a Squeezebox. I'm not expecting sound quality rivaling my Apollo, but for background music and pure ease of use, this seems like a great product.

I'm also curious about the various modifications offered. I'm fairly proficient with a soldering iron, and have a friend who is very knowledgeable regarding audio electronics, so I may try some of the mods myself if I could find detailed instructions, which I have been unable to locate so far.

Any input?

Thanks,
Josh

Username: Jhay

Rock Hill, SC United States

Post Number: 4
I have had a SqueezeBox for about six months. I love the variety it gives my audio system. It does however, sometimes display erratic and puzzling behavior. Turns itself on and off. Not respond to remote control inputs. Some stations play only for a limited amount of time. All in all I am pleased but sometimes baffled with it

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 308
I'm running the Squeezebox through a Cambridge Audio DacMagic using Analysis Plus Digital Oval cable- The sound quality actually rivaled the Apollo standalone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us