Minidisk transfer programs?

Anonymous
do anyone know where i could download the program to transfer songs from my computer to my mzn505 MD player and viceversa? i lost the install cd and i can't do anything without it. Can someone please help!! thanks a lot

you can email if you have any idea or just post a reply.

Username: Superjessie90

Post Number: 1
they program i have isnt very good (netMD) either that, or i dont know how to work it properly, can someone help me

e-mail me

Username: Jamtochristian

Post Number: 5
Anonymous,
This same thing happened to me when i got an MD player of ebay. The guy sent it to me without the MD cd, and I went through a lot of trouble getting it. I eventually went back to the guy and told him that he needed to send me the cd, so he ripped the iso, and put it on his personal FTP server for me to D/L. Obviously, you will not have this option. But if you need a copy of the cd it is possible I may send you mine. Send me an email. reich2004@operamail.com. I think I can help you out. I am especially willing to help since I went through this pain before, and it is a pain trying to get something online.

Username: Luttman23

TO ALL SUFFERERS OF SONICSTAGE

it isn't widely known, but you can transfer your music from your PC to your MD using the free version of RealPlayer.

I've had my MD for a month now, and SonicShit reported from the very first install 'Database missing or corrupt'. Sonys customer service are all a bunch of fuckpots who either disconnect you or ignore your emails.

Luckily, with a small *free* download, you CAN transfer your music to your NetMD through RealPlayer. Just go to 'Burn/Transfer' then 'Add New Device' and select 'NetMD'.

Then you can sit back and torture sony customer support workers while your PC is busy transferring your music to your MD. Everybody is happy. well apart from the customer support guys - but with brains so small they probably can't feel pain, kinda like fish.

Username: Lictor

i too want an alternative to sonicsatge to transfer music. No one knows of some homegrown software?

Post Number: 2
afraid not. Sonic stage 2 is coming out this month tho and has unlimited 'check in' AND 'check out' functions. It looks good from seeing sony's propaganda, but will it actually work...?

Let's wait and see.

Username: Alleycat

Uk

I have just got an net md mz-ne410 wont bother even trying sonys software heard such bad reviews , thought about real player as adam suggested but last time i tried real player windows media player threw a fit so that options out too, so Ive wasted my cash it looks like never mind I can still copy my dvds so yah boo sucks to sony, Perhaps you may know of alternatives , I have approx 18gb of mp3 on my hardrives and simply want to transfer stuff back and forth between pc and the net md , seeing adams thread I will look out for the new sony stuff and proceed with caution A really great forum

Unregistered guest
i can't get my sony MD to download live recorded stuff into my PC...does anyone have any ideas about how to find a program that will let me download from my MD to my PC?

JakeC
Unregistered guest
Is this true, check out will actually work now?

pissed @ Sony
Unregistered guest
Suzanna,
Sorry, but the easiest way to get your recordings onto your computer is to use the headphone jack output, and connect to the input jack on your sound card. Then use your favorite capture software to rerecord what you want in real time.

This is monsterous problem that MD recordists face, and most hope that it will lead to the downfall of Sony's MD system if they do not do the right thing and allow direct digital uploading of recordings to your pc.

Unregistered guest
I tried to find the burn/transfer option on my version of realplayer and i cant seem to find it, im using realplayer plus ( i couldnt find just realplayer) if anyone could help that would be great, thanks
-BrAnDoN-

~`-,.John.,-`~
Unregistered guest
I recently had my hard drive formatted, and wanted to get my music transferred from my MD to my PC. I've never had any problems at all with SonicStage in the past, in fact I found the program easy and fast, but i read in the help files that it has protection against checking in on a different comp. Now that my hard drive is formatted it wont let me put my music back. Any suggestions anyone?

~`-,.John.,-`~
Unregistered guest
I recently had my hard drive formatted, and wanted to get my music transferred from my MD to my PC. I've never had any problems at all with SonicStage in the past, in fact I found the program easy and fast, but i read in the help files that it has protection against checking in on a different comp. Now that my hard drive is formatted it wont let me put my music back. Any suggestions anyone?

~`-,.John.,-`~
Unregistered guest
oops i said it twice lol

SumBody
Unregistered guest
I'm suprised to see these posts...If you've lost your driver or install cd's ect. Simply go to www.sony.com there you can download the complete driver and install files for your Sony NetMD players and any of thier other Minidisk products..

Anonymous

I am also finding this problem extremely frustrating. I am trying to use the NetMD walkman to do fieldwork in linguistics and finding it impossible to upload the recordings to my PC. I cannot believe that Sony disallow this function and I might as well chuck the instrument into a dustbin!

manhandler
Unregistered guest
i can't find the md driver page on sony's website

Unregistered guest
hey ppl, firstly i wana say THANX to the dude who reccomended using real player to download tracks to the net md. its taken me a few hrs to actually find a forum that resolves the problem without suggesting a format! i noticed that real player downloads a plug-in that works along-side sonicstage, i.e. this suggests that nothing on my comp is corrupt (reffering to the database error message) but sony's software itself! thanx once agen.

Unregistered guest
No worries m8. Sony software sucks ar5e.

Apperantly the new Hi-MD players WILL have MD->PC transfer capabilities.

Some git nicked off with my NZ710 - they stole it from my coat pocket at work! silly beggers didn't get the battery recharger tho, or the usb cable for it - which I left at home. haha. So I've ordered a Hi-MD player from amazon - I'll let you know if the rumours are true when it finally arrives.

Should I take the battery charger and usb cable into work and leave them in my coat pocket for the theives as a present... or should I buy a mouse trap and put that in my coat pocket instead?

Unregistered guest
mouse trap
btw - do u know if real player will actually let u download to the md more than 3 times? i think it should, tho' i haven't tried yet...

Chi
Unregistered guest
http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=MZN505
try the link above that might help you out. Not sure it works or not as I just download it myself. good luck finding the software.

Chi
Unregistered guest
Hi just to tell you that if you use the link above to download the software, it will work with your MZ-N505 MD player. I have just done it. Guess its a job done. Happy music to your player. If you wish to thank me, just post it here.

stupidsonicstage
Unregistered guest
my computer had sonicstage already installed in it when i got it. but when i got my md player (MZ-NF610) it came with a sonic stage cd and a program called a "Net MD Simple Burner". so i put in the cd and installed it. but then, it turns out you can only burn from CD's you already have and NOT from the computer harddrive. and then sonic stage just wont work completely. so in uninsatlled it and installed it again, and now BOTH of the prgrams won't work no matter how many times i uninstall and install. i frickin hate stonicstage. stonic. ha.

AudioJunk
Unregistered guest
I am also looking for a way to transfer MD-->PC, but I think its impossible cause of there g-a-y compresson format. The easiest way I find to get music to my MD is to use Nero and set up an image drive and burn the music to an image on this drive like you would a CD this takes like 5 minutes. Then use netMD to transfer from the image drive to the MD, this bypasses the stupid protection from SONY.

Username: Biohazard

Jackson, Minnesota Usa

i have the ne410 and i want to use a different program other that realplayer and sonicstage they all really suck the big one has anyone found other programs that work better to do this i really want to use it and not feel i have wasted my money on this email me if you have other options to use the md

Jackson, Minnesota Usa

besides that it is nt like i have been pirating music i do it for my own benefit and here i pay x amount of dollars to find out just to have the music on my minidiscman i have to save it twice on my hard drive just to be able to play all my mp3's plus takes hours then the sonicstage is so buggy that if it is doing multile tasks it crashes sony i want you to come up with a better program for this i would spend more money on your electronics if i didnt get screwed like this all the time so if anyone can help me please email me @ robnstar319@msn.com i would really appreciate it

random dude
Unregistered guest
Guys Here is my story i got sonicstage 1.5 with my minidisc all wen well then i decided to fuke that over and get 2.0 2.0 is bugged tot eh max and wouldnlet me uninstall it i finnahly got rid of it
and now i installed 1.5 again the first is alwasy best now thats pooned bigitme and nothin works I RECOOMENT Realone Player 10 *free* www.real.com its good just yup SONY SUX PEN1S THEY ALL HAV TINY POONED UP PEN1SES and HAVE no idea how to make a program ALOT like indows Every1 who has internet EXPLORER i repeat get rid of it its Hacker and Spy centralto here www.mozilla.com and downlaod firefox its great BILL CLiNTON or wat ever ya name is the pooner who runs Microsoft Get a life and grow a pen1s

Anonymous

Anyone know how to overcome SS problem when transferring to Atrac CD. SS just hangs after progress bar reaches 90%. I then have to re-boot to get the CD out. I've wasted 10 CD's with this software - but there is no alternative available.

djbfvilksbdfviysar
Unregistered guest
this mini disk thingy is sh!t, i cant put anything on it and my comp wont read it

Ravin' UK
Unregistered guest
The easiet thing to do with this is use RealOnePlayer (yes the free one!). Go to Devices and select Sony Devices. This downloads a little patch from RealPlayer and allows you to transfer Mp3 to your net MD, the same as a CD. Be patient though, you have to mess around with some of the settings before you get it down. Only problem is that it records in Long Play format and so I cannot play my MDs in my mains unit which is older and does not have the LP option. In fact, anyone know how to get round this?

Unregistered guest
Looking for a solution that will allow you to transfer tracks from your MD to PC quite easily?
Check out http://christian.klukas.bei.t-online.de/files/netmd/winNetMD.htm
Haven't tried it yet, but supposedly it should be working fine.
I'm not associated with the author of this software, which is NOT a freeware.

Unregistered guest
I have never read such utter garbage relative to Sonic Stage. Admittedly the first version was a bit limited with the 3 times check in/check out but that and many other minor problems have been well solved in 2.1. By the way, I notice none of the subscribers here seem to have bother using Windows Media Player with Sonic Stage. Series 9, Sonic Stage and a Creative Sound Blaster MP3 is ALL you need to enjoy the full potential of NetMD. Come on - get up to speed!

Unregistered guest
I Got a Big problem i had formated my pc and i forgot not to plug in my minin disc player before insttalling damn sonic stage now i cant do nothign when i launch any program sonic/real plyaer they dont see my device i got the damn driver on my pc still Nothing i need help bad lol
-Eric plz contact me if u got solution..cyborg_rat@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I bought a $3.99 male-to-male audio cable at Fry's and plugged one end into the Net MD headphone jack (out) and the other into my Dell laptop microphone jack (in). Using Microsoft's "Sound Recorder" set for analog (click on record) and play the MD in real time, the transfer was perfect.
But Sound Recorder only records for 60 seconds! I think it's designed for adding a quick sound clip to other files.

How can I record the entire contents of my MD into the PC, and where is the data going (temp folder?)

Assuming I can get it to the PC and figure out where the files are, do I then drag & drop to MusicMatch or SonicStage and burn a CD?

Unregistered guest
I found solution for all u guys.
check out this website
http://www.my-minidisc.com/download.html
The only problem with this website is that its not in english but still it works.
Mail me if u wanna thank me.

JUREK@EEZI.NET.AU
Unregistered guest
HI DUDE I GOT YOUR DISC
CALL!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
so heres my problem, im able to do the transfer to the net md, and it shows that its occured but then when i try to play the minidisc on my net md, it says blank disc? whats up wit that?
kinglax@hotmail.com

Noodle
Unregistered guest
FYI
If you use all the software that Sony has provided with this MD player, you will be in a world of TROUBLE. Things will break and you will get all sorts of errors and what not. So here is what you need to do (By dino):

1) Install all the software that came with the player
2) Get yourself a copy of NERO burner, you will also need NERO Image drive, Its installed with NERO burner.
3) Open Nero and create a "New Audio CD" project - Drag and drop all your MP3 files (Try to limit these to about 20 files otherwise "Net MD Simple burner will have issues") - basically if you add hella files, it will have memory issues when burning, not because of your hardware, but because of the software - NET MD SIMPLE BURNER.
4) Hit Burn - Select "Hard Drive" as the burn device on the Tab.
5) you will be asked to save image file (pick a location on your Hard drive and save)
6) You will see it burn all the MP3 - when its finished. Kill NERO
7) Now, Start Nero Image Drive and Mount this image.
8) Start NET MD simple burner and it will detect this image of Audio CD and you can move all the tracks to your MD.
9) Once done burning, Open Image drive and unmount the IMAGE and delete the Image file (Image of Audio CD).

This was working great until I recently installed XP SP2 (what a piece of junk). so I was having all kinds of install/uninstall issues with XP SP2. and netMd simple burner started giving me problems. I installed SonicStage2.1 and it was still giving me trouble. I have uninstalled XP SP2 and will rollback to my first install of Net MD Simple Burner that was working. I hope Sony's STOCK falls and falls and falls and falls....

there are like 20 different ways of putting songs on the MD and none of them work well. How SAD!
There should be 1 simple method of putting mp3 on the DISC (period).

Unregistered guest
I currently have a minidisc player and love Real Player and it's transfer ability! I want to know if anyone knows if Real Player supports writing to the HI-MD minidisc players such as the MZNH600D? I'm thinking about buying one, but I really don't want to if I'm stuck with Sonic Stage.

I've searched quite a bit but I can't even find a list of models that Real Player supports..

Thank in advance for any help!

\Bear

Unregistered guest
PattiM: if your recording from your 'line in' on your computer, you can try a free program called Audacity. ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) It's an excellent program that is spyware/adware free. It has the ability to save to WAVE format, and if you want to save space it can also import to MP3 format (with another free download, the website tells you all about this.)

I don't know of anything that will rip the tracks straight from your MD recorder though. :-(

hope that helps.

\Bear

PB
Unregistered guest
Ok I have a HI-MD 800. Really happy with it, But SonicStage sucks even as they brought out the new one. still cannot transfer back to comp with md that has not been recorded on that comp. tarting hell, they are so stupid. MD could be really big if sony sorted their act out. Hi-MD is such a good idea. I love the 1 gb disk for data and music. Yes to the person who wanted to know about realplayer and Hi-MD's being able to transfer. oh and BTW if you buy an 800 nb the remote stick does not light up (no backlight).

Unregistered guest
I Just Bought an Aiwa am-nx9 and it came with sonic stage 1.5. After the original Open mg Jukebox Killed my last pc and my old MZ-N1 I was v.skeptical. However it turns out that the software I got included was sonic stage 1.53 which has four sony made patches built into it! It is smooth as a babies @rse and the Simpleburner is patched too for added smoothness! I'm Stoked BUT I still want digital uploading from my md player! Surely there is a friendly computer programmer that has found a way to bypass the anti upload section of sonic stage (via a patch) if this is so, PLEASE e-mail me!

lunatik
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot , i was having problems to transfer music on my sony mz-n710 with this sonicstage2.0 that wouldn't work.
Thanks to you Adam Luttman
RealMedia Player can do the transfer without any problem , just download the device driver within RealMedia and it will do it !

TCour
Unregistered guest
I really think that the positive comments in this forum that are posted about Sony and Net MD are made by Sony employees. They must hire people to surf and spread the JOY of Sony......
I bought NET MD a Year ago and I will NEVER EVER buy another product from Sony. It's really nice that they'd like to prevent copyright infingement at the price of my sanity, but next time I think I'll just skip the "fun" (similar to having my toenails pulled out) and speak with my wallet by becoming another company's customer. All this because I wanted to listen to music that I own on a player that I own. Thanks Sony.

P.S. Post some happy "get on the Sony bandwagon message after this and I'll lose my lunch that I paid for too....

orry
Unregistered guest
Hey another idea for those that hate OpenMG cramming up your hard drive. Ok it's not my idea so all credit goes to dino.

I got the 'Simple Burn' software, not bundled with the AUZ models, not even a mention of it (thanks sony, luv ya), and yes it is simple and is limited to LP2/LP4, but what it does, it does well and the software isn't a bugfest like openMD. Rips albums quite fast and very happy with LP2 for quality.

I found a quick and easy way to get my mp3's onto my MD by using Simple Burn. I haven't seen this on any other post and my apologies if I'm just repeating someone elses idea.

CAVEAT- you need Nero, and nero's imagedrive, or something similar that can create a virtual CD disc image, and mount it to your desktop.

Five easy steps to a clean and hassle free mp3-md burn:

1. Open nero, select Audio CD from the presets and drag all the MP3's you want into it. Nero is far less picky about formats and sample rates. I found this method foolproof.

2. Save or 'Burn' your cd to your hard drive (not your burner). Nero will give you a default filename of 'image.nrg'

3. Use Nero's imagedrive (bundled with nero) to mount the .nrg you just created. Lets say for this example, drive 'F'

I'm not an expert, but I found these 3 steps took around 2 MINUTES or less for a regular sized audio cd, ie: about 10 mp3 tracks to be converted and 'burned' to my hard drive as a regular audio CD 'image'. I have a PIII 1gig, so that would have helped with the mp3-aif conversion times. Faster machine=faster mp3 conversion=faster image creation.

Now If you know how to use Simple Burn, the rest as they say, goes without saying.

4. Select your 'virtual F' cd drive in Simple Burn & burn that sucker.

5. When you're done, trash the .nrg file sitting on your desktop (large file).

If your machine is 'fairly' fast (most today are) then Simpleburns' CD-Atrak conversion is done in on-the-fly in RAM. Notice your HD doesn't tick over at all.

see his original post here:
http://www.t-station.net/forum/printthread.php?threadid=4825

sdsu2pop
Unregistered guest
I've tried both Nero and Realplayer methods but I get an error after song 4 or 5. I have a sony N505 NetMD. After I get an error, I tried to continue transfering with the next song but still get the same error. It's bugging the crap out of me! Ravin' UK posted that you need to mess around with the settings but I'm not sure what the correct settings are. Could it be that my PC is too slow or something? (PIII,800Mhz,256RAM) I haven't tried sonicstage 2 yet but Realplayer method seems like the simplest if I could just get the damn thing working. For the people who have transfered mp3s with Realplayer, could you tell me your settings? and do you ever get an error like me?

theywon'taccaptmyname
Unregistered guest
now for the philosophy.
I know everybody in here told himself already a thousand times "i will never buy their crap again" but the trouth is we will. we will gulp down that kind of whoreshit like a greased and nameless asshoule. why, because you know that feeling when you open the cardbord box, the smell of sony sweet and pure in your nostrils, the feel, the touch, the sound of each button.
Face it, we don't have a choice, sony got us by the balls.
big time.

qwerty keyboard
Unregistered guest
I bought an MZ N505 off of ebay but no cd came with it. I have tried every version of Sonic out there and every transfer results in the same thing - blue screen of death with the stop error being 0x0000000a followed by a bunch of others. Using XP Pro P$ 2.8Ghz Chip.
I then tried using Real Player but keep getting "Some of the files you are trying to transfer are not supported by your device blah blah blah" after about a 30 -50% transfer.
I am about to through this piece of sh*t out the window.
Any thoughts?

Bael
Unregistered guest
I had sonicstage working at one point, then unisintalled, then when i re-installed it, it wouldn'y work, somethin about corrupt database, so then i went to real.com to get the real player thing like you guys said, but i cannot download it, it says your settings will not allow this download, and i dont know why lol, i turned my cookie thing to minimum, an same with security settings, i disabled zone alarm...what else could it be??

Unregistered guest
I bought a Sony MZ-N420D MD recorder/player. I got it at a steal with the USB and headphones for $40...but without the software. I have windows 98 and it won't accept sonicstage on a download. Does anyone have suggestions? I am NOT a techie, all I want to do is transfer my CD's to a minidisk because the unit is smaller to carry around and a lot more convenient. Can anyone help me, I'm willing to pay!!!

Unregistered guest
Yeah, I hate sonicstage too. You should just use the free version of RealPlayer, but even my sh1t comp has problems with that.

Timmins

Unregistered guest
I have been using sonic stage for ages with no problem, now all of a sudden whenever I try to import music fils, or check out music files to my MD player, i get an error message saying (Omgjbox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) i have not changed a thing, the PC is exactly the same as it was when i last used it with no problem, my MD player is the same. I can't understand why it has decided to stop working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Anyone know how to make a stereo recording from PC to MD without using OpenMG? Used to be able to use real player but for some reason can only record LP2

Thanks

Hamish
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help me? I have MZ-NH600. Sonicstage was really poor and I wanted some other software to move music from my PC to MD. I think that microsoft's SP2 has wrecked sonicstage, so now it doesn't work at all. Can anyone suggest a solution? I pissed that I was screwed by Sony with the shitware and now microsoft has busted the parts of sonicstage that worked. grrrr.

El burrito
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have had my ne410 for almost a year, and was sorely disappointed with sonic stage and all the other junk that came with my player, I like using the windows media player and was wondering if there is any way to manage my md player with windows media player, does anyone know?

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I still can't transfer things I've recorded to my MD Recorder to my PC digitally (via USB). Has anyone found a program yet that can do this? Please e-mail me. (iceman198@hotmail.com)

rhaleblian
Unregistered guest
to sdsu2pop: i've got a NE410 and Sony warns that you need to use a fresh battery when transferring, and whenever you see "LoBatt" on the player unconditionally put in a new battery. I had incomplete transfers like you and that fixed the problem. I keep a fresh battery next to my laptop to swap when transferring. a hassle regardless...

Unregistered guest
i'll be damned if i can't get RealPlayer to recognize my player ("No Storage Detected") after i install Sony's software and Real's device plug-in. I've tried Jukebox, SonicStage and the OpenMG Secure Module. Anybody have this problem? Could it be XP SP2 related?

d_man2k
Unregistered guest
Guys I need help! I just got a Sony MZ-N505 MD rec/player. I got it off eBay and the guy didn't give me the CD to install the software. i have Windows 98 and I thought I'd found the answer in one of these posts that linked to some software but the minimum requirement is Windows 98SE! What can I do? I tried installing the software anyway but it says 'CANNOT INSTALL FOR THIS WINDOWS VERSION'.

Is there any software I can download that lets me put my mp3's and stuff onto my MD recorder that is SUITABLE FOR WINDOWS 98? PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

yes i just imported like 1 gig of music from my other comuter on my network and it copied it all to my LOCAL computer. and now i have only 500 megs left. can someone tell me where THE progam hides the data? as i cna't seem to find the songs i put on here. i thoght it would just put them in the list then once i put them to my MD it would copy them.. help

imfsub12@hotmail.com

Psymon the Unregistered
Unregistered guest
just skimmed the thread, but I would like to add my gripe.

time saved with netMD transfers: 20 hours
time wasted trying to get crappy sony software to work: 100 hours.
assassinating sony tech support: priceless.

as for the lost music, sonic stage encrypts it so nothing else can use it if you let it. the directory is in one of the options.

makeMyDaze
Unregistered guest
If the sonic stage crashes where it used not to you need to roll back windows security patch:
go to add/remove
programs and remove windows HotFix - KB840987 and reinstall sonic stage

Fruity_Bix
Unregistered guest
the current problems stand - in real media player, i among others are getting the message "no storage detected" when i go to the transfer menu to attempt to send music to my minidisc. this is not a sp2 issue, i dont have that installed. my md worked fine with the open mg jukebox software i used to have. but, the downloaded versions of jukebox and sonic stage will not even acknowledge that my MD exists, only offering the option to burn to cd. i tried some of the software off that excelent german site posted above, but to no avail. i have a Sony MZ-N505 net MD. i agree, shooting the sony tech support people would be priceless. they are the worst i have ever dealt with. i will be checking back here to see if anyone finds solutions, and if i find something i will post it.

thank you and good luck.

Anarion
Unregistered guest
Well, I have a Net MD MZ-510, I downloaded Realplayer like you suggested, but for some reason Realplayer can't find a driver for it. you guys are as far as I can see the only ones who can work it out...

Silver Member

Penn State, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 178
Okay... umm new rule. I've got like 100 thousand emails within a week. I have an FTP server you can download the CD image for the original software. Its ftp://reich2004.dyndns.info

The server isn't active all the time, so if its not up, try later. It will be on there until November 10th I believe. Afterwards then I will repost whether its going to remain active. Also, its limited to 5 people downloading at a time, and please be aware you should get about 20-50 kbs but it may be lower depending on who else is downloading. Its a public FTP server. I really care about everyone who is trying to get this software but if you don't know how to use an FTP server please don't ask me. I went through enough trouble setting it up. If its not compatible with ure browswer then find another machine. I can't respond to EVERYONE's emails because well I don't have that much time. But I will try my best. So, if you can't just download the program, let me know and I can try to help you. Okay? I do not provide FTP technical support though usually, so that you may be on your own.

ftp://reich2004.dyndns.info

Psymon the Unregistered
Unregistered guest
Anarion - that is the precise model I have, and real player is having no trouble with it. I am transfering songs as we speak

do you have the full version of real player or the free version? I used my housemates full version of real player 10...

general complaint - I miss my old Aiwa MD with its large backlit screen, and more buttons to do basic stuff like repeat tracks. not stupid menus.

Also the remote had a backlit screen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
Sorry to everyone who attempted to connect to my server. I was having port forwarding issues but now its all good. Now try reconnecting if you need the CD.

anodyne electric company
Unregistered guest
sony makes a great product. if you have had problems with openMG products it might be because the new security pack from microsoft fucks up openMG software.

if you are having a problem with digitally recording md -> pc, get over it, there are tons of benefits to md recording, quickly transferring the recorder material to your pc is not one of them.

if you just don't have the software period, then you should have something that works by the time you are reading my post.

by the way. i don't work for sony, but damned if i didn't wish i did.

d_man2k
Unregistered guest
Thanks for that pro-Sony speech, but all us here mutually agree Sony sucks.

To everyone else, I DESPERATELY NEED TRANSFER SOFTWARE THAT WORKS ON WINDOWS 98!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
I am now done serving the Sony Transfer Software to people. I understand that some of you might be upset about this, but as many people as I've distributed the software too I've seen an equal number of people who email me about the included document. LOL. I'm quite tired of this. So as a result, the file which includes the NETMD original CD will be removed from my server as of 10PM tonight. At this point I'm just tired of people complaining about the fact that they don't know how to use Nero... or they don't like the way I worded the directions, or something else which doesn't make sense. So if you want the program please ask me at my reich2004@operamail account as I will not respond to anonymous emails to my alexandria email account. I will continue to help people obtain functional software however it will NOT be open to public.

Sorry.

Unregistered guest
i just bought a Sharp MD-MT180 and i dont know how to download music to it from my computer can anyone help me ?

Psymon the Unregistered
Unregistered guest
assuming you bought it new....
Install software. If it didnt come with any get real player.
RTFM.
If it didnt come with one RTFHF.

areusad831
Unregistered guest
my computer restarts itself in the middle of transfering a song from my computer to the minidisc any ideas?

true_italian_21@hotmail.com
Unregistered guest
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com

download acid pro 5...it exports music files to the net md.

Post Number: 3
Firstly, the post from 'Anodyne electric company' - JERK! Was your post supposed to be sarcastic?
-----
OK, so I finally got my Hi-MD. It can play 1GB disks! It has unlimited check-in/check out abilities. It's pretty.

BUT...

I can't find anyone, anywhere that sells 1GB disks. So I'm getting a little pissed off at the fact I spent an incredible amount of money on a device ADVERTISED FOR ITS ABILITY TO PLAY HIGH CAPACITY DISKS that can only play ONE high capacity disk.

Anyone know where I can get 1gb MDs from?

NetMD User
Unregistered guest
Thank you for the Real Player information. I just spent a couple hours installing sonicstage 2.0; getting the db error; checking the sony website; following the directions to upgrade to 2.2; then chatting with tech support; was told to uninistall and then install 2.0 from CD; did that and got the error again. Then found your post. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Hi I just bought my Sony NetMD MZ-N420D And I just cant install sonicstage I nedd Help

Post Number: 4
what kind of help, why wont it install?

Meanwhile, I have another problem. I saw that Sonic-Shite Version 2.2 was available for download (from sonys' US site as the UK website doesn't offer a mention of the software at all) and so I thought, maybe this version is less pants. So I downloaded all 36mb of it. Took ages.

Upon opening, the installation process informed me that the previous version would need to be removed first. 'Ok', i thought, 'fair enuff'.

Did it unistall it automatically? Did it buggary.
Stupid sony shite software. I tried to uninstall Version 2.0 from the control panel, but when I clicked 'uninstall' it just blinked at me, did nothing and stayed there - looking back at me which an evil digital smirk.

Anyone have any idea how i can get rid of sonic-shite V2.0???

Psymon the Unregistered
Unregistered guest
I would recomend a hammer.

followed by a visit to sony's software development team with a cattle prod.

more practically, delete it and look for the registry keys yourself. be careful though.

Anonymous

Here is the adress of the site that helped me to download drivers and programs neccesary for mu Net MD Walkman MZ-NE410

I had no drivers and these work on my system...

http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?template=EN&upd_id=1468&os_id=7& mdl=MZNE410

or

http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/install/portable/ss2xupgrd-redir.html

Make sure you choose the right version of the software...

Post Number: 5
regarding my last post

Cheers Psymon, I did end up going through my registry manually and deleting all keys related to SonicShite, worked too.

Sony still haven't got back to me.

d_man2k
Unregistered guest
FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS OPENMG VER2.2!!!

I will be uploading the contents of the Disk that comes with a Sony MZ-N505 (among others) tomorrow! NO NEED FOR SONICSTAGE!

See you tomorrow!

Unregistered guest
I download Real Player and downloaded the thing that you needed so that it recognized the player, but when i try to delete/transfer songs to it realplayer comes up with an error and says it has to shut down, i cannot format my md player because that too comes up with an error, i cannot do anything because it has an error.

bvd571
Unregistered guest
I am also having transfer problems with my MZ-N505 using real player. In the middle of the transfer process an error occurs saying "One or more files can not be transfered. Please make sure there is sufficient space on your portable device, and that the file type(s) you are transferring is supported". The disk is blank so there is obviously sufficiant space and the file types are mp3. It is quite annoying and there is no way I am going back to sonic stage. Please Help!!

Unregistered guest
2 years and we still cant download to our mz n505 without that poxy open mg..i have tried all the reviews and they dont work..xp sp2..but thx for trying guys p.s if you do find a way please let me know, cos its christmas. And the image is ready now need the sorftware.

Taiko
Unregistered guest
I have an Hi-MD MZ-NH1 and I think it's great, looks really cool and plays the 1GB disks, BUT
Sonicstage blows chunks, what's the deal with not being able to Dl recorded stuff to your PC? Ghey. Also, I need to be able to burn Audio CDs using Sonic stage, I found one version that can do this... but it's only available when you buy a Vaio PC. The other versions don't have this. Does anyone know of a place where I can get this software?

guydudebob
Unregistered guest
hello, i can not even get windows to detect my MD-NE410, any help is welcome (on a win XP system)

lel
Unregistered guest
Everytime I try to transfer even one mp3 file to SonicStage or Real Player the program gets an error and closes on me. I'm ready to smash something! Are there any other programs for transfering the files from MD>PC that haven't been mentioned? I just exchanged my RCA Lyra for for this MZ-N420D and I don't want to face WalMart again this holiday season.

thanks.

Unregistered guest
Well i have decided to get a mp3 player and ditch my sony nz505 happy new year to you all

hex2pic
Unregistered guest
So, the software for MD units is a complete bug hunt, one shot turkey shoot install and total hose job? The jist of all this is that if you're lucky enough to be starting from scratch, then NEVER INSTALL the SONY-BALONEY software...and go with the RealPlayer route??

Unregistered guest
How can I upload files to the MD even though I have Win98? Any ideas? (I need Open MG for realplayer and dont know where to find it..)

Unregistered guest
simple burner keeps saying another program is using the files

zzz234
Unregistered guest
simple burner says another program is using files, what do i do????

Unregistered guest
"I am also having transfer problems with my MZ-N505 using real player. In the middle of the transfer process an error occurs saying "One or more files can not be transfered. Please make sure there is sufficient space on your portable device, and that the file type(s) you are transferring is supported". The disk is blank so there is obviously sufficiant space and the file types are mp3. It is quite annoying and there is no way I am going back to sonic stage. Please Help!!"

Im having the EXACT same problem.. someone pleaaase help!!!

Joeph
Unregistered guest
well i am having all the problmes as you guys are having with my nf610 but i also cant get real player 10 (free version) to work with it, i downloaded the driver for for my md player but then an error comes up saying that the version is not compatible with real and so i click the thing to dl the update but the page does not exist.....

any help?? , oh yeah i kinda lost the original software...

Unregistered guest
im having probs too. its pissing me off. i got mz-nf520d. i cant download shiet to my md player. and real player doesnt work too. i even tried the real player thing, and acid 5 pro (i dun have 2000 or xp pro/home) so yea.. everything is ghay. whenever i try to transfer things, it always gets stuck at 90 percent. then stops and says error. wtf is wrong?

AeroKen
Unregistered guest
testing

AeroKen
Unregistered guest
im also looking for a program that can transfer audio recorded files from my Net MD digitally to my PC via USB. i may of found a solution.
the prog. Rav mentioned "win nmd" seems to work. but NOT FREE. btw ive never paid for any comp. software.
im 90% sure that this prog works.
it took me a while to find the crack to it though.
attached is a zip file inc. the program AND the crack, YES, THE CRACK.
i successfully applied the crack but it doesnt seem to work.
win nmd however detected my MD.
CAN ANYONE CRACK IT????

cheers
Ken

AeroKen
Unregistered guest
wait a sec, i couldnt upload the file, its 1.1MB

AeroKen
Unregistered guest
popattach{117085,Upload}

errr, thats bullsh%t, apparantly u cant upload files greater that 1KB

pop me an email and ill send u the file

cheers
Ken
josephwright_74@hotmail.com
josephwright_74

Scrag
Unregistered guest
Hey Guys, can anyone tell me for deffinate that the free version of real one is compatable with sony Hi minidisk players such as the MZ-NH900. I had heard that realplayer didnt recognised the high density storage devices, and i'd like to know for sure that they do before i fork out £150 for somthing that wont work properly.

Post Number: 6
I have an MZ-NH1 (hi-md) and i can state diffinitavely that yes, the free version of real-player does support it. A word to the wise tho, install the OpenMG sh1t first, before plugging in your usb - otherwise it will never work. You will also need to download the realplayer plug-in for mini-discs - instructions for this can be found in this forum.

joblow2236
Unregistered guest
ok i got the free realplayer software and i downloaded all the crap that goes with it but it cant detect my md player in my usb drive. please help i cant take this any more. i have a mz-nhf800 and never got the software because i bought it on line.

Username: Zeed

Holy Sh.. Guys.. I've read ALL your posts... and I got a problem with Sonicstage me too. Here is my problem: I've a Sony Net MD MZ-N510 for two years now and I NEVER had problems. Recently when I try to convert and transfer MP3 files from SonicStage to my MD, my computer is freezing. It is freezing while its converting to .omg format... Ive got the same computer configurations then before... and im trying to transfer all mp3s that i transfered before without problems.. I dont understand. So, I tried Real Player like someone said.. but i got the same problem... HELP ME plz.. Email-me or post a msg if u got a solution .. THX a lot..

-Zi-
Unregistered guest
Okay someone suggested using 'ACID PRO 5' to transfer to ure NETMD. This program costs like £200+ ??, but here's a way to get it free. ;)
Firstly I recommend downloading Winzip.
[www.winzip.com]
Then download, a P2P program (similar to Kazaa Lite) called 'Emule PLus' [http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/emuleplus/eMulePlus-1.1b.Installer. exe].
Using Emule Plus, search for 'Acid Pro 5' under the programs/archive menu search option.
Give it 2 hrs [on DSL speed] and u shud have d'loaded it by then.
Install the bugger, read the help file for 'NetMD transfer' that comes with it and it shud work fine. This is a software u usually have to pay for, so im sure it works better than the shitty 'free software' Sony dish out.
And for legal reasons, please do NOT d'load the program unless you already own it ;D. PS: Emule Plus is a mint program to download ure mp3's from :D ... not to mention it has a built-in 'fake list' feature which means u wont get caught by companies posing to be other downloaders!! Freedom baby, is never having to say your sorry! [Or screwing over large corporations, meh whichever suits you better.]
PEACE. Zi

Unregistered guest
Talked to the Sony service techs today and they confirmed that both SonicStage and all NET MD players verify that the songs are copy protected. The tech said that this might mean that older CDs wouldn't transfer and that ONLY MP3s that were ripped from CDs would work. He wouldn't comment on whether or not mounting virtual drives and burning from them was a valid option.

Jackson, Minnesota Usa

hey zi i got your posting the other day did what you instructed but now i cant get the program to recognize my md player what do i do. i cant get it to do anything but make songs......

Unregistered guest
Hello, bright individuals...im not gonna start off with tellin you what a piece of 5hit Sonicstage is..because you know that already but my question is HOW DO I FRIGIN TRANSFER SONGS FROM MY MZ-NH600D BACK TO MY COMPUTER. Ther i said it. I have been pondering if there is a solution to transfering songs that are in Atrac3plus 48kbps back to my computer and back to "the Library" Sigh....Somone Please help me becuase i am running out of space on my computer lol yes 40 gigs of music is alot. Lol I tryed callin sonyys number but Im forced to wait liek a day on the line lol. So pleaes am i the only one with this problem? Are my songs on my MD suppose to delete when i try to transfer them back? Is there a Solution? anyone? *Sobs*
-thx

Unregistered guest
_/\_ _/\_
/+ \
+
+
+
+/+ \
+
+
+
+

Please I beg you im getting teh feeling that my 220 bucks went down my crapper.

Sony Hater
Unregistered guest
FACK YOU SONY I FACKING HATE YOU FACK!!!!!!FACK!!!!!!!!!!! FACK YOU!!!!!!*Runs at Sony Building with a dual mp5's *war cry*

Unregistered guest
Hello, bright individuals...im not gonna start off with tellin you what a piece of 5hit Sonicstage is..because you know that already but my question is HOW DO I FRIGIN TRANSFER SONGS FROM MY MZ-NH600D BACK TO MY COMPUTER. Ther i said it. I have been pondering if there is a solution to transfering songs that are in Atrac3plus 48kbps back to my computer and back to "the Library" Sigh....Somone Please help me becuase i am running out of space on my computer lol yes 40 gigs of music is alot. Lol I tryed callin sonyys number but Im forced to wait liek a day on the line lol. So pleaes am i the only one with this problem? Are my songs on my MD suppose to delete when i try to transfer them back? Is there a Solution? anyone? *Sobs*

P.s. I have downloaded Win NMD But it only supports old minidisc players (none of the "Hi-MD") Otherwise i would have bought it in seconds....is there and alternative?

Thank you.

Unregistered guest

P.s. I have downloaded "WIN NMD" (the alternative to downloading music back to computer) But it only is compatable with old Md players and none of the HI-MD (otherwise i woulda bought it in seconds)....Is there an alternative for Hi-MD Owners if they wish to transfer Music back to computer?

Username: Brett

NEED HELP!!! Everytime I try to open my openMG it it says file is either lost or corrupt.

Unregistered guest
OK, I've tried the whole Real Player thing (and this is kind of urgent I need to get music I have recorded on MD onto CD to send off for Monday for a Uni application!) and it won't do anything - saying that I have to install openMG jukebox...help....help....please?

Anonymous

What a sorry bunch we are: sony apparently has copyright on our own voices, not to mention the sounds of nature. I feel kindof...fackerdifack...was it so &*%$# dumb
to assume storing interview recordings on a PC would be possible !? apparently yes.
For the rest: the recordings are great and I guess after reading all the comments...yep...hope is lost for I aint seen noone with a solution. But don't forget to enjoy the music all you bootleggers, interviewers and nature lovers, thats what is all about....not just more more faster faster

Unregistered guest
I HAVE FOUND A WAY!

OK...I have this little cable - just (I think the term is minijack?) - and I connect that to the line in on my computer. Then if you press play on the minidisk the sound should come over your computer speakers. Then open up (all new computers should have this) Showbiz 2. Capture From Device - Audio. Then at "Record Device" go into Source and choose "line in". Then format and pick what format you want...wma is the best...put then minidisk to where you want to record it, press record, type in a file name (you can also choose format from here) and it is just a case of playing and pressing OK at the same time and pressing stop when you want to stop.

*phew* It tool hours last night to figure all that out...with all various programs.

Unregistered guest
Ok Thanks for that alternative way but that will be last resort because u have to actualy let your minidisk run for 760 songs......sorry not my style lol. I would like a program that jus lets u transfer songs back to comp..

BY THE WAY I FOUND OUT WHY SONICSTAGE 2.3 OR UNDER WONT WORK/HAVE DIFFICULTIES, ITS BECASUE OF SERVICE PACK2....FOR XP. IF U ARE REALLY SERIOS I MEEN REALLY THEN REMOVE UR SP2 AND THEN FILE TRANSFERING BACK AND FORTH SHOULD BE WORKING GREAT =).

Post Number: 7
SonicSh1t 2.3 works... i was going to say well, but I'll just say that it works the way it was designed to... on Windows XP SP2 for me, so it isn't a service pack 2 issue.

Gregbe
Unregistered guest
If I can add my 2 cents worth. I avoided the PC-MD mess by burning CD's off the PC, plug my MD into my home stereo(or use my MD deck), put the CD's in my CD changer and let her rip. I know it's a couple of extra steps but it works. I have a old Pioneer 18 disk changer that I put on random play and I let it go. It is real time of course so you need to let it go for a few hours but all in all it's not too bad. I tried the PC transfer route but I could never get it to work on a consistent basis. When it did work it was very cool. All in all I am getting a little tired of the MD format. I was one of the biggest fans a few years ago. I have 2 deck units, a car changer and more portables sitting around the house that I care to think about but Sony blew it with their software decisions. The Apple Shuffle looks more appealing all the time.

p Gagnon
Unregistered guest
i got problem to trasfer files to my cp to my md using RP. it's stop in the middle of the trasfert and stay there.

i can't even close it at his point....

WTF

Kev123
Unregistered guest
i've had almost all the same problems but finally i've found this webpage http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8071 and this worked for me hopefully it will work for you all. just follow all the instructions and it should solve everyones problems.

Unregistered guest
Somone answer me this please....i have been posting forums for a long time but nobody answereed it....

Is it possible to transfer songs from Hi-MD to computer using sonicstage....when the songs are in 48kbps.

If no what about the standard kbps (no change).

Unregistered guest
Alright, here is my problem...Everytime I try to uninstall sonicstage 1.5 , so I can install 2.0...I get a message saying "setting of installer not enough. Setup is aborted." I cannot do anything to get music to my HD MP3 player...I tried the real player thing, and it said no device found after I installed the right update...And I tried windows media player, but it looks like you can only get music from cd's...Can anyone help me with the uninstalling problem?? Please..

Unregistered guest
Please help soon, b4 I go loopy... I want to print track info from my MDisk, title only would do! I am using Net MDsimple burner (which works great pc2md) using Nero & Imagedrive, I do have the Sonicstage crap, but got rid of it. There MUST be a way to load a MD and print a listing of the tracks??? thanks in advance.

boppo
Unregistered guest
it just all sucks.. so much for conveniance.

Justin 09081390hjfj
Unregistered guest
net md sucks. Are they preventing copying from md to pc for copyright, to try prevent you sharing all your songs? Same with iPod, but its easy to get round. Sony are a bunch of wankers. Buy a ipod...

Username: Jenrik

ive lost my simple burner, open mg jukebox and drivers and have no disks everything ive downloaded from other sites dont seem to work help me my net md mz n505 wont work

fez
Unregistered guest
omg i read only about half of all these posts. many people are asking the same questions others have asked and not been answered. just face the face that, as of right now, you can't record from MD to PC. get over it. i'm sorry, but i know feel much more retarded than i did in the first place. wow

fez
Unregistered guest
omg i read only about half of all these posts. many people are asking the same questions others have asked and not been answered. just face the face that, as of right now, you can't record from MD to PC. get over it. i'm sorry, but i know feel much more retarded than i did in the first place. wow

pontus
Unregistered guest
Bought a new computer a while ago, check in/out worked fine w that one to my mz-n707, but on the new one, open mg jukebox always stops conversion at 9%. Tried Sonicstage and realplayer, but they do the same.
I once saw a solution to this somewhere on the net, but can't find it now...
plz help!

f423rfwef
Unregistered guest
hey everybody, i'm havin the same problem as all of u, sony's sonicstage program is the biggest f- uckin piece of s hit ever!! I've been lookin for solutions but to no avail.. wat i say u do is go to www.petitiononline.com/Sonymd/petition.html and sign the petition for sony to acknowledge the problems. Really nothing else we can do.

zitburst
Unregistered guest
have a sony md mz-n505. used real player to transfer music. transfer was completed but it only plays first 6 songs. 7th song onwards, the time counter kept rolling but there was no sound coming out of my earphones. tried a couple of times with same result.

SONY SUCKS!!!

oakleypilot
Unregistered guest
loading with real one copys the first couple songs then says the disk is full, when clearly it isn't, also is there a way to compress the files to make my disk hold 5 hours of music like it should not just 2

Unregistered guest
try this fix for problems with SONY MD's:-
You will need Net MD Simple Burner, Nero, and Nero's Imagedrive. Open Nero, select Audio CD, drag MP3's into CD. 'Burn' CD to hard drive,with a tick in 'make image' box. Nero gives a default filename of 'image.nrg'. Use Imagedrive to mount the .nrg (CD-image) in Drive 'F'. Select your 'virtual F' drive in Simple Burner & burn to Minidisc. When done, trash the large .nrg file on desktop. Net MD Simple Burner (which has NO restrictions) can be found by doing IE search. Hope this helps all you with problems.

Username: Canudigit365

I have a mz n707 net md and it refuses to let me transfer songs from my computer off it I've tried numerous programs that were reccommended by every one on this forum. tried nero/simple burn route. Keep getting an error message right away and then the program im using quits right away. Ive tried unistalling/reinstalling open mg, simple burn and drivers numerous times.

Please help>> is there some service pack that messes up my software???

NOFX
Unregistered guest
I have a MZ-n505 and had the same problem as most people here (database-thing). I did as one in here suggested, and downloaded the Real Player. Through that, it works perfectly, so thanks for that tip. I can recommend it to everyone. So cudo's to Real and bad standing to Sony :-(

powerpuffgirls
Unregistered guest
I'd like to add to the other frustrated users here and say that yes SONY sucks major hairy balls! I've used both openmg and sonicstage (all the versions), realplayer and they all suck. until recently the transfers were working but not any more... now nothing works like the other user reported. the software will hang while trying to encode in teh atrac format but then it just sits there for hours. who knows what's going on.

anyway, I finally got a few songs to transfer but it was using the newest version of sonicstage (3.0 I think it was) and I read somewhere that some songs might not transfer b/c of the copy protection on the mp3s.

can anyone confirm or deny this? I think it seems to be true since I've only gotten aout 5 songs to transfer correctly recently. (and xp sp2 is not an issue in my case). let me know, help a brother out!

Username: Md2pc

HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR, MD, TO YOUR COMPUTER
BY USING: MOBIBLU DAH 512 MB DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER

This is how it's done: Transferring your CD's. MD's, albums etc.
1) Hock up your MD portable player to the line-in cable place the male end into your headphone input, the other male end to your Mobiblu line in jack located on the right side of your Mobiblu.
2) press play button, to turn on your Mobilu first, next on the leftside of you Mobiblu press the rec bottom; first press it until it says voice recording, press again until it says music recording, 2 seconds later press rec button while it says music recording will start.
3) once you are done recording from you md portable player press the stop botton on Mobiblu
4) at this point all the software should have been transferred onto your computer
5) hock up your usb cable to your mobiblu,go to your mobiblu manager short and open it.
6) this wear it gets a little complicated, because the manual doesn't go into details.
&)go to you documents folder, ex Eugene Documents, this is the folder that you have my music folder, and my pictures that is you computer is using Microsoft software
7) when you open your music or my music folder you will see a MPE FOLDER and MY PLAYLIST FOLDER, what ever you do do not erase the my playlist folder; this folder helps you Windows Media Player, and RealPlayer play all of your mpeg tracks that you transffered from you md portable player so forget about the sonic player it doesn't apply here.
8) open your MPE FOLDER, there will see another MPE FOLDER open this on too, there will see a blank screen let that screen stay open
9)go back to your Mobiblu Manage, there you will see two small MPE folder; one in a white area and one in a black area- take your courser/mouse to move the mpe folder that is located in the black area and move it to the white are where the other MPE Folder is located
10) you will get a warning sign tell you that a MPE file exist, don't worry about it, press yes
11) once the transfer is complete in your mpe folder this file is called E001, this means that your recording from MD portable or what ever source your recorded from is is now digitialized into your computer, now the final steps is for the file to keep and play it over and over again.
12) go to computer short cut on your computer screen and open it ,go to your local disc (C;) and open it,got to My Music folder and open it.
13. MAKE A NEW FOLDER, THIS FOLDER WILL HOLD ALL OF YOUR E001 FILES PERMANTLY ( note you can change the E001 file name to another name, to keep track or keep all of your music files in order.
14) open up the new folder that you do your final transfer, I suugest tha you give this folder a name so that it is easy to find.
15) CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE; E001 TO WHAT NAME YOU WNAT TO CALL IT FIRST, NEXT DRAG IT TO YOU NEW FOLDER.
16)inside of your mpe folder delete the file you just copied, don't worry you already copied it/dragged it to your new folder
17.DO NOT CLOSE YOUR NEW FOLDER YET...
18.go back to your mobiblu manager to erase the files your recorded by formatting it.go to the top left panel ( edit ), format>normal format>erase all data. ( now you have space on your mobiblu internal harddrive to do steps 1 through 18 again )
19. close your mobiblu manager for later use. etc
20. GO BACK TO YOUR FOLDER; THA HOLDS YOUR FIRST MD PORTABLE TRACK, ( I call of my MD tracks: MD-1, MD-2 etc ).
take your courser/mouse a to open your md track, play it... YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED YOUR FIRST MD TRACK THA YOU CAN NOW PALY IT ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!
21.if you have a mp3 player, just drag this tack in which it will automatically transfer this track for you.
22. if you what to also store this track and more tracks onto your windows media player, etc, you can by dragging it to to it's library, there you edit it, by giving it it's genre, artist etc.

LAST:23. MAKE A SHORT CUT FOR YOUR FOLDER TO YOUR DESKTOP SCREEN, SO THAT YOU CAN EASILY FIND IT AND ADD MORE TRACKS.
IF YOU FOLLOW ALL 22 STEPS ABOVE , YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS TRANSFERING YOU MD'S TRACK TO MOBIBLU VIA YOUR DESKTOP/COMPUTER AND PLAY IT ON YOUR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, REAL PLAYER ETC...I DIDN'T, IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE BIT OF PATIENT, NEXT IT LIKE A PIECE OF CAKE. GOOD LUCK.
PLEASE HIGHLIGHT THIS INFORMATION AND PASS IT ALONG TO ALL THOSE HOW ARE STILL TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING YOU ARE DOING, FROM GENE

Username: Md2pc

HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR, MD, TO YOUR COMPUTER
BY USING: MOBIBLU DAH 512 MB DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER

This is how it's done: Transferring your CD's. MD's, albums etc.
1) Hock up your MD portable player to the line-in cable place the male end into your headphone input, the other male end to your Mobiblu line in jack located on the right side of your Mobiblu.
2) press play button, to turn on your Mobilu first, next on the leftside of you Mobiblu press the rec bottom; first press it until it says voice recording, press again until it says music recording, 2 seconds later press rec button while it says music recording will start.
3) once you are done recording from you md portable player press the stop botton on Mobiblu
4) at this point all the software should have been transferred onto your computer
5) hock up your usb cable to your mobiblu,go to your mobiblu manager short and open it.
6) this wear it gets a little complicated, because the manual doesn't go into details.
&)go to you documents folder, ex Eugene Documents, this is the folder that you have my music folder, and my pictures that is you computer is using Microsoft software
7) when you open your music or my music folder you will see a MPE FOLDER and MY PLAYLIST FOLDER, what ever you do do not erase the my playlist folder; this folder helps you Windows Media Player, and RealPlayer play all of your mpeg tracks that you transffered from you md portable player so forget about the sonic player it doesn't apply here.
8) open your MPE FOLDER, there will see another MPE FOLDER open this on too, there will see a blank screen let that screen stay open
9)go back to your Mobiblu Manage, there you will see two small MPE folder; one in a white area and one in a black area- take your courser/mouse to move the mpe folder that is located in the black area and move it to the white are where the other MPE Folder is located
10) you will get a warning sign tell you that a MPE file exist, don't worry about it, press yes
11) once the transfer is complete in your mpe folder this file is called E001, this means that your recording from MD portable or what ever source your recorded from is is now digitialized into your computer, now the final steps is for the file to keep and play it over and over again.
12) go to computer short cut on your computer screen and open it ,go to your local disc (C;) and open it,got to My Music folder and open it.
13. MAKE A NEW FOLDER, THIS FOLDER WILL HOLD ALL OF YOUR E001 FILES PERMANTLY ( note you can change the E001 file name to another name, to keep track or keep all of your music files in order.
14) open up the new folder that you do your final transfer, I suugest tha you give this folder a name so that it is easy to find.
15) CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE; E001 TO WHAT NAME YOU WNAT TO CALL IT FIRST, NEXT DRAG IT TO YOU NEW FOLDER.
16)inside of your mpe folder delete the file you just copied, don't worry you already copied it/dragged it to your new folder
17.DO NOT CLOSE YOUR NEW FOLDER YET...
18.go back to your mobiblu manager to erase the files your recorded by formatting it.go to the top left panel ( edit ), format>normal format>erase all data. ( now you have space on your mobiblu internal harddrive to do steps 1 through 18 again )
19. close your mobiblu manager for later use. etc
20. GO BACK TO YOUR FOLDER; THA HOLDS YOUR FIRST MD PORTABLE TRACK, ( I call of my MD tracks: MD-1, MD-2 etc ).
take your courser/mouse a to open your md track, play it... YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED YOUR FIRST MD TRACK THA YOU CAN NOW PALY IT ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!
21.if you have a mp3 player, just drag this tack in which it will automatically transfer this track for you.
22. if you what to also store this track and more tracks onto your windows media player, etc, you can by dragging it to to it's library, there you edit it, by giving it it's genre, artist etc.

LAST:23. MAKE A SHORT CUT FOR YOUR FOLDER TO YOUR DESKTOP SCREEN, SO THAT YOU CAN EASILY FIND IT AND ADD MORE TRACKS.
IF YOU FOLLOW ALL 22 STEPS ABOVE , YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS TRANSFERING YOU MD'S TRACK TO MOBIBLU VIA YOUR DESKTOP/COMPUTER AND PLAY IT ON YOUR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, REAL PLAYER ETC...I DIDN'T, IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE BIT OF PATIENT, NEXT IT LIKE A PIECE OF CAKE. GOOD LUCK.
PLEASE HIGHLIGHT THIS INFORMATION AND PASS IT ALONG TO ALL THOSE HOW ARE STILL TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING YOU ARE DOING, FROM GENE

Unregistered guest
I am getting really ticked off with this whole thing. I have a MZ-NH600D and sonicstage and MD simple burner Can't find the MD .......... the PC<->MD shows up on the MD so it is connected. I took it over to a friends house to see if it works and it does. Can anyone help me fix this or even have a different program that I can use to transfer music to my MD.

Unregistered guest
Hi guys, I have a net md waklman mz-n510 type-s, and i totally agree, sony and sonicstage suck. I've tried everything, and nothing works. With the realone way it worked for 2 weeks and since then it says "NO STORAGE DETECTED" I chech the wires and connections and everything is as it should be, but thing still wont work, any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Hi guys, I have a net md waklman mz-n510 type-s, and i totally agree, sony and sonicstage suck. I've tried everything, and nothing works. With the realone way it worked for 2 weeks and since then it says "NO STORAGE DETECTED" I chech the wires and connections and everything is as it should be, but thing still wont work, any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I am having an issue, where I can't upload my dj set onto the computer from my md. I tried in sonic stage and also in real player, anybody know what I should do? I get the error "no storage detected" also. Thanks

mandyedwards
Unregistered guest
hey guys,
well my problem is i get hte blue screen of death when i try to record to my md player. happens when i used sonicstage 2 and 3 and realplayer. just about every song will crash my comp. have a brand new top of hte line dell (xps) so my hardware is not an issue. am i missing some driver? did the update for sonicstage when prompted when doing realplayer. help please. this is very frustrating

Anonymous

i have sonicstage but my computer is 98 does anybody have any ideas how i can burn my music

tee
Unregistered guest
Hello everyone, I have an MZ NH1, and i installed the plug in for RealPlayer, but it says no storage detected. It recognizes the MD as a portable storage device, but not as a Sony Music Device. I know that Adam mentioned that it definitely is compatible, but it would be great to have step by step instructions on how to make this work. thanks very much.

SonySonicStageSucks
Unregistered guest
TRACKLISTING COPY:

you can do an easy MS Word list this way:

every time you wanna add tracks to MD, put them all in one folder first. copy the directory info of the folder with "flash fxp", add it into the word file.

wtf is the realplayer you all talk about?

that petition is great :D
http://www.petitiononline.com/Sonymd/petition.html

SonySonicStageSucks
Unregistered guest
ok found it. it's THE real player :-O
this thread is a bomB!

SonySonicStageSucks
Unregistered guest
ok i found 2 free and easy programs:

this one converts uploaded oma files (laso the digital recorded ones) into wav, mp3, flac, ogg
http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk/himdrenderer031.zip

this one exports full tracklisting info of your MD's to txt files
http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk/himdlister004.zip

Anonymous

Couldn't help but notice how microsoft allow Sony to use their WMA file formats, but sony doesn't make the minidisc players Windows MediaPlayer compatible.

Martyn_bradley
Unregistered guest
i have an aiwa hzws2000 and i hav recently lost the software and i was wonderin if anyone knows a program that will work.i had it installed but i recently had to wipe my comp and now i cant find the cd.thanx

Waltyberg
Unregistered guest
MD to PC via USB is a no go. Analogue in real time is the only way you can transfer to PC.
Waltyberg

Unregistered guest
SONY SUXS @$$. I can't even load my music onto the NetMD player with Sonic Stage, or OpenMG. I try to use realplayer BUT....... BUT..... I can't use LP4 mode. So how am I supposed to do that!

Username: Mikeone

Ireland

For those desperate seekers of truth who have been getting the fatal error message "setting of installer not enough. Setup is aborted.", maybe a glimmer of hope, as I finally got it to install on my Windows XP Dell PC, (having been almost driven mad by this miserable little message), and with no need to mess with registry settings etc.

(Btw, I also filled in the angry petition to Sony. I am approximately the 4600th petitioner, apparently)

I had an older mini disk MZ-510 and recently upgraded to an MZ-NH1, so when I went to install SS v2.1 from the installation CD over the older version, it wouldn't let me uninstall the old version first.

Here are the steps I took, more trial and error than good science, but it might give you some useful ideas - after all, it did work for me! (By the way, I think it is necessary to reboot regularly during such attempts as you may be closer to success than you think. It could be that Windows is just waiting for yet another reboot ...)

1) Tried the normal setup by using auto run. Failed. Tried a few more times, rebooted and tried again. Failed.

2) Tried that trick somebody mentioned with moving all the subfolders in
C:\Program files\Common Files\InstallShield
to a temporary folder and then restarting the PC and trying to re-run the installation, rebooting and trying again. No obvious difference. Got the same error.

3) Tried to uninstall Sonic stage from Control Panel, Add/Remove programs. Failed. Same error.

4) Tried to uninstall Open GL from Control Panel. Seemed to partly work. Got different errors, but maybe it helped a bit. Got fed up rebooting at this stage so did the following without regular restarts

5) From Windows explorer, browsed every sub-folder in the installation CD-ROM and ran each and every individual setup.exe in every sub-folder. (Normally not a good thing to do, but I was desperate!). Still didn't work, so ...

6) Re-booted, then watched as the following scene unfolded ... am I imagining it? ... past the first troublesome part of the installation! ... much nervous waiting ... seems to be taking a long time .. it'll surely crash with an error message any second now ... oh no! ... horrible pause ... oh yes! false alarm! ... it's OK!... installation complete!

7) Rebooted one last time, Windows converted the database during startup, (this was rather slow, so more nervous waiting), and then I was finally able to open the newer version of the software.

I think I will quit while I'm ahead now and transfer a few CDs before attempting to upgrade to version 3.1. (Yep, I didn't say I'd tried it yet, or that it works, or that it is reliable - I don't know yet - but at least I have got past the first hurdle and sucessfully installed it!)

Username: Martyn_windsor

Bromsgrove, Stafford England

hi, does anyone know where i can download the driver for the am-nx9 please. I brought the device off eBay he didnt send me the disk. Any help wud help tar

Timthegreat
Unregistered guest
does windows media player let you transfer onto your minidisc?

Unregistered guest
hey i got a sony net MD player / AM-NX9 without a disc do you know where i can download all the sofftware for it?

Unregistered guest
where can i download the AM-NX9 driver i would rrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy appreciate anyone helping me thanx

darkerskies
Unregistered guest
i like the idea of minidisc, but sony has put too many restrictions on it.
oh and why havent they replaced floppy discs with minidiscs yet?
minidisc drives on pc's would ruule.

darkerskies
Unregistered guest
oh, and i might add that im fed up with md and im slowly going back into cdr. sony md is crap!
everyone goes back to cdr.

Bloodbather
Unregistered guest
Did anyone ever here ever find the AIWA AM-NX9 driver? I've looked everywhere and nothing.

xpinklemonadex
Unregistered guest
i hate sonicstage.... its incredibly slow, and its just... not smart.. i hope they will make loooooot better ones really soon... =(

Unregistered guest
hey guys
i have a sony net md walkman mz-n420d this sucks because i lost the disc and dont have the simple burner for it and dont want to buy a new one if any one can help me e-mail me at codeyb12@yahoo.com I thank you alot if someone helps me.

Sony should be shot or sued
Unregistered guest
Can I add my 2 cents worth here - SONY IS LOWER THAN POND SCUM. Pond scum never had it sooo good :-)

It seems from trawling through this forum and many others like it, that if you don't have the driver cd, you're facing about 100MB of downloads for SS 3.x - and EVEN THEN you're NOT guaranteed to get it working.

Will let everyone know how I go with ShittySoftware 3.2

Post Number: 8
If you can't get sonic stage to work, or if it doesn't recognise your minidisk player, email me.

I can heal the evil sony software.

My problem was that SonicShite wouldn't recognise my MZ-NH1 Minidisk player. But.... it does now.

Sony should by now have made a program that fixes it for you, but they haven't. At the very least the information I am willing to give you should be on their website, but it isn't.

luttman23@hotmail.com - use a heading like, RE: MiniDisk Help Please, or RE: SonicShite, or RE: Fukkin Sony Wankers. You gets the idea.

Post Number: 9
Bloodbather: The driver can be found at:
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=188884

Hope this helps

Unregistered guest
I'm losing the will to live here guys.....

If sony are going to sell us 'recordable' minidisc players, why on EARTH can't they provide us with software that actually allows us to transfer digital recordings onto PCs and CDs? I've just bought a MS-N710 and ecm 907 microphone and fair play, they work great together but I can't get ANY of my recorded material transfered! I'm raging, because I really need it for my job (musician and teacher) and none of my pupils can hear what I record!!Have to say that so far Sonic Stage IS working otherwise, although I won't be surprised if it conks out soon...

Please please advise...

Nicola
Unregistered guest
My personal problem is that I don't even want to use my minidisc and sonicstage to "pirate" other people's music. I myself am a musician and have been using my minidisc to share my files with my friends, but I can't give them the files! There is no copyright on my music, Sony shouldn't be able to restrict my shareing of MY OWN MUSIC THAT I COMPOSED MYSELF.

ggreaves
Unregistered guest
Here are the locations for SONY SonicStage ver.3.2:

http://qw-cx-ssd.sonypictures.com/download/installer/openmgsetup.zip
http://qw-cx-ssd.sonypictures.com/download/installer/ss_english.zip
http://qw-cx-ssd.sonypictures.com/download/installer/ss_add_english.zip
http://qw-cx-ssd.sonypictures.com/download/installer/pa_driver.zip

Each of these files is a stand alone installer. The "ss_add_english.zip" is the SONY CONNECT installer.

Copy and paste into tour web browser and press enter/go or whatever to begin. I have downloaded these on a Macintosh.
This is not a Website location.

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

Greg

Unregistered guest
hi i jus bought a aiwa net md /am-nx9 mini disk player,i spent all day lookin for a usb cable for it,when i finallly got one i found out u need a driver cd or whatever for it,anyone knw where i can download it from????? n whats a sonic stage?
plz help

Post Number: 10
Hey - you all hate SonicShite don't you? YES YOU DO!

Let people know what you think of it by heading over to download.com and writing a review! Maybe Sony will look at all your bad reviews and do something about it... ok, probably not... but it's worth a try, right?

follow the link below if you can't be arsed going to download.com and looking for it.

http://www.download.com/Sony-Connect-SonicStage-/3000-2141_4-10407578.html?tag=t ab_pub

Username: Dcfan808

Adam..if you were here, drinks would be on me!! I used Real Player, and it worked like a charm!!

Let me add, I have a MZ-NE410, that I bought over a year ago, but just got around to using it. I tried that lame a** SonicShite and Net MD...geez, what a bunch of crap and wasted time!!

I tried to transfer a burnt cd, it wouldn't work. I tried to transfer from hard drive to Sony and it wouldn't work. I even tried to use Windows Media Player and that didn't work.

Found this site, went to Ares (p2p program), downloaded Real Player 10 and dammit if it didn't work the very first time!! Couldn't be happier, as the sound quality on my disc player is great!!

People, take Adam's advice and download Real Player...it freakin works!! Thanks again, Adam for the advice. I'm outta here.

Furious Andy
Unregistered guest
I seem to have the same problems as pretty much everyone else on this forum. The only thing I can suggest is to keep well clear of everything with a "Sony" lable on it, and let the Sony people know about it.
Power to the people.

Unregistered guest
Hey, was wondering if anyone new if real player worked with sony's hi-md/ mz-hn1, i have installed the patches in real player but when selecting devices i get "no storage detected" although the removable disk is listed. would greatly appreciate any help or ideas as i can't handle sonic stage any more~!

OY88
Unregistered guest
Is there anyway that i can bypass the copyright? i have two comps, and want to transfer my songs from one comp to the other using my md cuz i dont wanna waste a cd.

n.j.
Unregistered guest
i have a sony net md mz-N510 type-s and when i insert the mini disc and press play, the screen shows "NoDisc"....does anyone know why?? or how to fix it?? thnx in advance....

Username: Gethbond

Fortaleza, CE Brazil

Hi guys... new here... haven't read all that above...

I bought recently a MZ-NH600D which came with an old version of SonicStage. It recognized the md player but not my clié. And sonicStage that came with clié recognized clié but not the md player. So I downloaded SS 3.2 and it all seemed alright. For some time....
After I transfered about 400mb of music I was satisfied... but later on, when I imported some more files from CDs to the pc and tried to import them to SS library, it never worked as before. Also no matter where the mp3 come from, now they're all "copyrighted protected" to this blasted program.

WHAT CAN I DO?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I just 'upgraded' to SonicShite 3.2 as well, making sure it was the european version... Guess what? It says ALL MY MP3s are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. Even though they aren't. F*ck*ng sony tw*ts. I really hate their stupid software and their stupid programmers. I really regret buying this heap of crap, I should have got a generic 1GB Mp3 player instead.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
go and complain about version 3.2 at:
http://www.download.com/Sony-Connect-SonicStage-/3640-2141_4-10432027.html

Pogo
Unregistered guest
Dagh, you gotta register. Screw that. I've signed the petition, that's good enough for me.

What's up with Sony? Are they gonna empty out their buckets o sh*t or aren't they?! SonicStage crashes EVERY TIME I try to upload a recording to my PC. And man, I'm talking EVERY TIME. I haven't managed to get a single megabyte accross yet.

Username: Rodineinunes

Sorocaba, Sp/Brasil

Personal Hi I have one netmd mz-nf610 of Sony, record audio of audio table of in mine md using the analogical entrance and would like to know if a program exists that I can record audio recorded for my HD using door USB of the MD

peedoff
Unregistered guest
Like most others, I am totally disapointed.
Can't transfer my own recordings back to the PC, and analogue just won't carry the quality.

BUT NOW WE HAVE A CHANCE TO STICK TWOS UP AT sONY

Soon, the new DVD formats will be coming out, all go out and buy HD-DVD and condemn bluray to the same dump as betamax went to.

Spread the word on every forum you can, tell about all the benefits of HD-DVD, and let sony go and shag sheep

Unregistered guest
Hello guys, im also looking for a program that can transfer MiniDisc songs to my PC via USB.
I have recorded many songs on minidisc and I whant to convert them to WAV, so I can work on them with QBase or so...
I have find WIN NMD but no a good crack for it.
Can anyone help to crack it, pease?
Thanks very

Unregistered guest
G'day fella's i bought meself a net md a while back AIWA am-nx9. i lost the cd that came with it. does any1 here know how i can get my mp3's into my MD without the CD or am i just stuffed??
if anybody does have the CD or the program plz help me

threeC
Unregistered guest
Hello, Like evryone before me I have been having major problems getting my extensive MD collection onto my PC via USB, won't anyone fix this problem? Sonicstage just teases me by showing that the files are there and waiting to be uploaded and then crushing my dreams by saying it cannot do it. HELP! why is sony teasing me like this???

fool
Unregistered guest
i would also like a crack for WIN NMD because for ages i have used MD, and now it has been superseded by MP3 players, so i want to keep up with the game, as most of the MDs i own are ripped. i ripped them not in the compressed format (eg not lp).
It doesnt say on the WIN NMD site wether it is compatible with Hi-MD player. does anyone know if it is, as this is the device that i would use to upload.(i dont own one, but my friend does)
with all the info. that i have given, do you think that it is possible to upload all my MDs without real time recording.

Unregistered guest
Hey guys,I cracked Win NMD finally!! So you can upload song via Net-MD and Hi-MD(non Hi-MD disc)player although real time.
I'll send it,if you mail me.
But if you have Hi-MD player, himderenderer is the best tool!

Unregistered guest
hi guys i have a sharp IM-MT899W(S) and i recently reformated my pc. but i lost my drivers disk wich had OpenMG Jukebox on it. and now i cant find these drivers anywere. i phoned sharp and they tell me that it will cost $40 aus to buy it. can anyone give me a link to these dirvers and send me the file, my NetMD cannot be used without it FFS. PLEASE HELP ME > NEED MUSIC..

Anonymous

I used the Win NMD last night, and find it is just a joke! The working process is:
1. Win NMD plays the songs or recorded resources in your MD.
2. The sound will be passed trough cable from MD earphone to PC's Line In.
3. Win NMD records the sound, and translates it into MP3 or WAV format.
4. Win NMD names the file recorded just now.

That's all.
It will still waste us a lot of time to wait the songs to be played all the time.
The USB cable is almost useless I think! Maybe Win NMD can find the Net MD through it, and get the name of the songs.

Is there any person have the software that can transfer file from MD to PC in few minutes? That is what we really need.

Username: Grg1540

Ny, Ny Us

can someone recommend a good program so that i can download from mini disc player to pc and spin cd's from that? maybe a free download from the net.i lost the software that came with my sony mz-n1. i just got it. thanks
glenn

www.42hours.org
Unregistered guest
Anyone figured out yet how to crack Atrac3Plus/.oma files?

I need a crack urgently - I need to recover 42 hours of irreplaceable files encrypted by Sonicstage.

Biggest mistake I ever made buying a Hi-MD - will NEVER buy a Sony product EVER again.

Username: Riannon

I have a SONY MZ-NH700 and i gte Sonic stage to work fine with transferring file to PC the majority of the time, at times it's corrupted the file, but i can still play the media strough Sonic Stage and record the wave length with Audacity. My problem i am having now is, a friend used his MD player to record a jam session last night, and gave me the disc to transfer onto my computer, his MD is a different version, and i guess has formated the files differently so i can't access the tracks in the same manner as mine. Does anyone know how i can gte my MD player to transfer Net MD format onto my hard drive or atleast get it to play through my computer speakers so i can record the wave length.

Username: Anita_joppe

I have the older Aiwa Minidisc Player AM-NX9. I got it a few years ago and it suddenly started acting up when I wanted to change the songs. My system doesn't see the device. This is strange because it does transfer to the MD. Also not without problems. I've tried the software that came with it and the latest Sonic Stage but still the same problems. It will convert the files but it will only transfer 1 or 2 of them, if I'm lucky. Most of the time it hangs at 95% and than says it can't transfer the files. I've tried downloading the thingy for RealPlayer but it doesn't seem to download. Also the above mentioned trick with Nero doesn't seem to be the solution. Stress in Holland! Who can help me out

Username: Dierubix

if you are having problems recording to disc it may be that your disc is trashed, you can only reliably rerecord a minidisc four or five times before it stops accepting data

also, it is very important for everyone on this forum, and everyone looking into purchasing a minidisc to keep in mind that a minidisc recorder is not an mp3 player. it is not designed to carry and transfer your mp3s, there are better pieces of hardware for easy dragging and dropping of mp3s (not ipod.)

what you can do with md is get a really good, professional recording, but you must transfer to hard disc (computer) real time. it has been stated many times on this page alone, and it is the truth.

YOU CANNOT TRANSFER RECORDINGS FROM MD TO PC VIA USB.

you must do it real time (ie headphone out to line in), dont waste your energy trying to find miracle software which will let you transfer via usb, it is not possible, forget about it. it's better to record real time anyway, so you can monitor your recording, and ideally route the signal through a mixer or pre amp, for better sound quality.

as for getting music on to your md from your computer, i have personally experianced very similiar problems to those described on this page. if your desire is to use your md as a portable music playing device, get an mp3 player. if you want to be able to record, and carry music around, i have found the most luck with simple burner, but real player is a decent alternative. also, you can record via line in, but it is a bit more tedious, and you will have to name tracks manually.}

Username: Iusol

What a crap.. I bought a Net MD just to do so: Transfer a lot of old live recordings I took whit an older model to HDD... After realizind that it was such a crap I borrowed it and forget

Username: Me_beginner

I recorded a ton of old reggae vinyl onto MDs.
Now I have to get them onto my PC.
What are my options?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us