Music collections

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13794
I placed an ad in a well known audio marketplace for digital audo collections. My ad seeks collections for transfer to me.
One offer is 500 lps for 400$, all Apple lossless, music that I will listen to.

While this will raise the hackles of many (and that is fine), this seems a good price all around.

i have another offer as well, but no as keen on the music, but 300 albums for 300.

Seems this is a viable (if underground) source of files, without exposing myself to the vagaries of download.

Opinions (fire away).

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3240
If I didn't care about having the physical media that goes along with purchasing music, I wouldn't bother paying for it (ie: I'd Bittorrent it).

I don't buy music out principles or scruples, I do it because I like collecting CD's.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3241
I've got about 500 gigs of punk and thrash metal for ya Nuck.

Right up your alley....

Username: The_hendo

Post Number: 3
Yeah, there's nothing like having the physical CD on hand. It sucks storing all of them after a while, but it's kind of like having a physical paper book versus the new digital book readers that are out on the market. There's something about having the physical product in your hand that adds to the experience.

If you're desperate for music and you don't want to pay, do the bit-torrent thing like David said? You're already being risky by even putting out an add like that. I personally buy my stuff legitimately, but that's just me. Good luck.

http://www.highestratedearbuds.com/

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3498
Thanks for the legal advice Joel, and the shameless promotion.

Actually, downloading music in Canada is legal, uploading is not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us