Got my BP-20

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1721
Just arrived yesterday. This thing looks BRAND NEW and is built like a tank. Managed to hook up to my system last night for a quick 1/2 hour listen. I'll post some more here when I have more time!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8115
Excellent David, looking forward to hearing more.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1515
Still listening huh DM?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1723
Watching movies tonight with the family.

I did manage today to move my CA 640C down to my 2 channel system to use as my primary source (instead of the PC/DAC setup). Did a quick listen tonight with Megadeth and QOTSA and it sounded very crisp and very tight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to spend some more time listening.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3097
How did I miss this thread?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1728
I'll have to get back to you guys on this one. Haven't had any time for listening, and probably won't till next weekend :-(

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1734
OK, I finally had a chance to spend an hour or so listening to my system after we got the kids to bed.

I am very, very happy with my purchase. Not sure if it's the addition of the BP-20 or the CA CDP to my system (or a combination thereof), but it sounds amazing.

I started off tonight listening to a couple of tracks from Dark Side of the Moon, then some Machine Head, most of Zeppelin III, and some Metallica.

One thing that really struck me was on Zeppelin III between tracks two and three I heard some talking between tracks I'd never heard before. And the opening part of "Tangerine" was unbelievable clear. The simbilance of the acoustic guitar was really impressive.

Listening to "To Live is to Die" from Metallica's And Justice For All album was also impressive. This is one of my favourite songs, and one that use for evaluating my system when I make changes. I can honestly say I've never heard this song sound so good. The guitar tone was awsome, with tons of sustain and crunch, while still sounding clear, if that makes any sense. Even Lars' drums (whom I'm not a fan) sounded like they were mixed perfectly.

I'm pretty sure the addition the of the Bryston pre is what took my system to a new level. I can honestly say I have a really nice system now. It's addictive listening to it. The Bryston is clear, precise and very sharp.

Time for some balanced cables.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2093
THat is awesome David. Congrats buddy!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 292
Great Dave, good to hear you're getting closer to the "dream" system, if we can ever really get there. Now it sounds like you've got the amp/speakers set, so it's tweaking here an there.

Good for you!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1739
You were right about the awesomeness of the Bryston pre-amp Nick. It took me awhile, but I got there. Still tempted to try out my RS6s on the 2 channel.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2094
lol for sure Dave, bringing the RS6's down to stir things up would be a blast. Test out the differences.lol Who would win out, the excitement of the RS6's or the fidelity of the Totems. ooohhhh ahhhhhh Game Time!lol

Bronze Member
Username: Snapcat

Post Number: 83
Congrats Dave,

Sit back and enjoy some music!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 8151
Roll the Dice David....!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here