Nakamichi..

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 45
I owned a nakamichi, for over 22yrs until last yr.. when the belt had given up.. and it was truly amazin...
Some while ago, I heard that nakamichi makes the world's best cassette decks is that true?
A cousin of mine had bought a nakamichi tape deck
and it sounded like an audio cd.. It could also get to the start of every song, just like an audio cd..

Username: Tiz68

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Are you sure it was the belt that gave up?

I have to take my Nak apart and replace the idler tire every five years or so. It's an easy half hour job and a $15 part but a repair shop will ding you $100 or more for doing it.

This problem afflicts the BX-series (and who knows what else) quite frequently.

Bronze Member
Username: Develara

Post Number: 35
Nakamichi sounds far better than any Cd Players., and its built like a tank,and its true that Nakamichi makes the worlds best cassette deck . The other company which is good in Decks is Tanberg.
dev.

Silver Member
Username: Skeeterhead

Post Number: 103
"Nakamichi sounds far better than any Cd Players."develara
This is clearly only an opinion with which others may disagree. It's very much like those who maintain that all vinyl lps sound better than all cds. Nakamichi does make (or did make) capable players. But Aiwa's last foray into cassette manufacturing (sorry I forget the specific model)was outstanding. Detecting original from recording was extremely difficult when possible.

Username: 519sledr

Post Number: 3
When I picked up my first Nakamichi back in '85 I could make recordings of CD's and play back both the tape and CD switching between them. Many people could not tell the difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us