Wadia 20 CD Transport

Username: Fxstc

Phila, Pa Usa

Post Number: 1
Hello to all, Would anyone know or have any info
a Wadia 20, Transport. I cannot seem to find out to much info on it. It is not shown or listed on
Wadia's site, from building and Designing amp's
and preamp kits throughout the past 30 years or so mostly Tube units, The 20 almost Appears to be a lab grade unit, The VRDS CD drive unit is A work of Art, from an Engineering aspect. Old School standards always dictated that A Dedicated Transport used with a good/great D to A would overall give the best results, I do not know if that is still the case in point as of today. one belief is the advantage of Isolateing the two units from each other, like useing the old AA DTI PRO 32 then running it to your D to A , It's my understanding that their are still a few guys out their still useing this unit with upgraded power supplys and Vpi's SDS motor drive unit as a power supply for the CD Transport, thats a lot of units to play a CD, Well I can't speak true on it all, but it just maybe be the old way still might be the best way as in terms overall perfromance over a single box player, but Retaining your Sanity
from all the power cords and interconnects just
may be the ticket to leave well enough alone.
but since I already have everything but the Wadia 20 I belive I will take a steap back and give it a spin, Just don't know anything about the transport, Respectfully yours............}}}}

Username: Myself

Post Number: 6
i have a wadia 2000 transport...very very old. but the sound is even better than newer products like Sonic Froin sft-1(transport), Mark's 37(transport), both of them are class-a recommendation of stereophile.

my wt-2000 is simply able to extract more information than other transport

the only issue is maintenance!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us