Old tuner without sufficient antenna

Username: Stekkedecat

Post Number: 1
my tuner has these antenna outcome's.
Upload
how should i connect these (especially wich one of these) to a coax box TV/FM.or is it better to make an own antenna? and how should i make that antenna?

PS. for FM use only

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13054

I wouldn't take my antenna connection from the cable output. What sort of antenna you actually require is dependent upon your location relative to the location of the station(s) you want to receive and how sensitive and selective your tuner is. Most tuners in modern day receivers are cheap junk and you shouldn't expect much beyond basic reception.

Start with a length of wire - anything, any guage, just some wire - about 33" long. Attach this to the positive side of the 75 Ohm connection (the second from the left connector). This will give you an omni-directional antenna of moderate gain. Move it around to find where it gives the best reception and tape it in place. If you need a better antenna than this, you can buy a pair of rabbit ears, a folded twin dipole antenna or a power antenna that sits on top of your system rack.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2066
I would try Jan's suggestion first, and if it works for you, you're set, but if you're still unhappy with your FM reception, I've had some luck with the Terk FM+ http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2417029 , it's relatively inexpensive at $10, and has made a noticable improvement over wire dipole antennas with every tuner I've used it with, but it might just be well suited to my particular situation, a city apartment with a great deal of RF & EM interference.

Post Number: 2
my tuner has different setting for distance(dist) and local(local) on a switch. the most frequently used frequency is sent from about 5 km, but has quite a weak signal. some other frequently used frequency's are unknown about send location's, but that are much stronger signal's
Also something you should know, i live in belgium, and I am not used to inch dimensions

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2067
What kind of tuner is it?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10954
86cm

Post Number: 4
it's an AKAI AT-KO2L tuner, with an amplifier behind it, and there was also an LP player with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us