A cassette player/recorder needs new belt and new motor

Username: Chrysler

Anaheim, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Hitachi AM/FM/SW1/SW2 cassette player/recorder model TRK9100H, the cassette player/recorder does not rewind, forward, play, or turn on; the radio works fine. How do I replace the belts and the motor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Please e-mail me:

1) tomp12@msn.com
2) tomsheridan@netscape.com
3) tompsheridant1@aol.com

Username: Mr3dzpop

Woodstock, Georgia USA

Post Number: 2
Tom...

The fact that the cassette portion does not turn on is of concern. If you would elaborate on that perhaps I can help you. Typically, belts wear out or become as we call it in the industry "licorice". If you are industrious enough to take the cover off, then locate the belts and pull on them slightly in the same plane they are oriented. They should snap back to their original shape. If they stretch but are slow in this process then indeed, they need replacing. This however should not prevent the tape function from being accessible. Another concern would be the idler for the reels in your cassette portion of this "All in One System" which I am assuming it is. I am not familiar with this particular model but the symptoms dictate that you may have other issues that need to be addressed.

If you will email me the exact problems you are encountering ( and be very specific and complete in your description of the symptoms) I will try to help you repair this on your own. In my business this is a $120.00-150.00 repair that you can do for $20.00 (or less) of that estimate.

M. Burgess

(I've been doing this for a living for 40 years)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us