Why not just this?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1142
How come you can buy dual 18" woofers that can take 2400w for only $1000??? I'd much rather do this than buy something designed to be small and nonefficient. I mean this thing has 100dB sensitivity... Ashley has that 4645 you know..

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/318893.html

All you'd need to power it would be one of these that can supply 2400w at 4ohms bridged for $500!!!

http://www.behringer.com/EP2500/index.cfm?lang=ENG

For $1500, I think that's a pretty good deal for 135+dB of bass!!! Shake the foundation!!!!

Upload
This....Powered by...
Upload
Makes me drool...for that price...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
You could also get a $100 Behringer Parametric EQ and bring out the 20s of hertz! Whee!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
I'm a bit tempted to ditch the Seismic 12... What would you guys recommend? I mean for the same price you can get two 18s and 2400w in a large enclosure over one 12 and 1200w in a small cube??

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9761

Andre - You are answering your own posts.

Doesn't that tell you something?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1148
I'm just asking how it would sound for music? I know it would shake for HT.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 53
go for it andre, your mom will thank you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
I think for that price you can get a really nice HT setup, probably wont shake your house like those 18's, are you looking for SQ, or just something to make your mom mad.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
better yet, get it and let me know how it sounds, Im lookin for somethin to drown out my girlfriend when she is yelling at me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1619
Lol I don't play it loud when my mom's home (makes her bladder go crazy..). I'm more in the SQL region!

I was actually considering for the same price getting 4 Fi Q's and sticking them in the wall in a line array (IB setup) when/if we build a new house with a HT room. At "The Cult" they say that it would easily compete with the JBL's (not sure if they thought that out) . After all, my goal IS realistic bass at high levels.

Dude, it'll be a while anyway. I'll get a Seismic 12 first and if I don't like it I'll sell it.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1862
If I were to have a lot of money... I COULD just experiment...but NOOOO...

IFFFF I had a lot of money... I'd see what I could do in the way of maximum SPL in the smallest enclosure possible. You know...take 6 of those JBL 98dB sens. drivers, put them in the smallest cube possible and stack 4 Crown I-tech 8,000s (1 a voice coil) onto each driver, then let loose at the note where the drivers don't pass Xmax and have the best sensitivity...I'm aware that if it weren't a 3 second burp of sound it might (WILL) catch on fire.

If I were to seriously have the choice on what I would build to fill my room with the best bass possible <30hz I'd cover my walls with TRW's and ditch their amps, giving them each a Mark Levvy and pouring on the power to see if they blow up.

If it were from 100hz down I'd have to change it to LMS-5400s covering the wall, each voice coil given a Mark Levvy or something. What would an LMS-5400 + a 150w SET on each voice coil sound like? I realize that's $601,000 right there... I would expect that to sound great.. to have some weird thing about it that seems to be missing with everything else. 600w of roaring SET power!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us