I NEVER use a Graphic EQ. I now have a Graphic EQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Anubis

Birmingham, West Midlands England

Post Number: 47
Hell, someone just gave me one that he's just thrown out. He thought I might like it..hehehe! I almost felt insulted! Well, come on... I've always thought, put the money at the amp end and forget the silly sliders...

It's a rather old 'Realistic'. I am NEVER going to hook this up to my system... No way - I'll put it on Ebay for £1! Maybe the local charity shop would like it?

Later on:

Well, hell... curiosity got the better of me... I must have been bored.

One thing I can say is that Winamp, through a good soundcard and an old NAD 3020, driving Acoustic Solutions 3-way floorstanders ain't all that good (but it's not THAT bad, either). I don't have the XP system that that runs the decent card running at the moment, or I'd be testing this out.

Anyway, because this is the second system, located in my art studio (serious listening takes place in the lounge) I've hooked up the box of tricks to see what it can do. For a cheap, mid-range make, I can say it's added an extra bit of prescence to speakers that have to misplaced, due to the purpose and priorities of other furniture in the workroom.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the usefulness of this manky little gadget. It's also occured to me, since I hate this bad rash of MP3 'Ipoddery' and power-hungry portable spinners so much, that it might help put some sparkle into the tapes I make for my Aiwa personal tape player.

Well, just thought I'd share, since I had nothing better to do with the last ten minutes :-)

Hope you guys are all well, by the way...:-)

V

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2660
Anubis

Always use cuts on the equalizer if necessary. Never boost, the music and film soundtracks have already had equalization applied to them. The in room equalization is only used to address small details.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us