Suggestions for upgrading bookshelf speakers

Username: Pdx43

Post Number: 1
I had a system that worked fine, but I blew my speakers and I'm considering upgrading from what I used to have. I was circling in on the Polk Audio Monitor 60s, but something tells me I won't be doing them justice with my existing receiver (Denon AVR-1100, 55w x 5...I'm not an audiophile so not sure what it kicks out in stereo mode).

So, the question is, can my receiver handle the M60s?

If not, any recommendations for simple (and relatively inexpensive) solutions? Perhaps a decent bookshelf with a sub? Buy a separate amp for the new M60s? I am replacing two JBL N26s (two-way, 6" woofers), and thought I might take the system to the next level.

BTW - I live in a loft and listen to mostly music, occassional DVD.

I'm really just looking for a set of speakers to replace my old JBLs, but something tells me I'm going to end up with a new receiver, speakers, and full surround set up when this is all said and done!

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 25
first two questions here...

what is your budget?
what is your musical taste?

before anyone can reccomend components of any kind to you we need a budget to work with. Keep in mind that the components that we reccomend will be components that are based on our own personal preferences.

What kind of sound are you looking for? That alone can help steer us away from reccomending components that we may "think" you like :-)

Our ears and tastes are all different.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us