Question on Creative DVD-A player

Username: Gd047

Post Number: 1
I would like to report a problem that is very serious to me and I'm looking for your help. I use a home cinema pc for DVD-A playback (with SoundBlaster Audigy 2 sound card and creative DVD-A player) and I am generally very satisfied with it (drivers and apps are all updated).

The problem has to do with specific dvd-a where there are no pauses in music during track changing.

I can mention for example "DSOTM Quad Mix DVD-A" (you may take a look here: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=32168)

In those cases, the music momentarily pauses at every track change. You can easily understand how bothering this can become when i.e. the change is between 'Speak to me' and 'Breathe'. Can anybody tell me if there is a way to avoid it ????
Is it a problem of creative dvd-a player?

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 602
I have the DSotM DVD-A which was burned from an ISO image. Mine plays fine, (it's wonderful I might add), no gaps between tracks, though I am using a player hooked up to a receiver as opposed to playing it on my pc. Not sure but I'd be willing to bet the gaps were inserted during the burning of the disc, and in this case would not be caused by the pc's player. Does the DTS layer play ok, or are the gaps there as well?

You may want to cross post this over in the computer section. You might get some ideas over there.

Post Number: 2
I don't think there's a way to insert gaps during the burning of .iso files. They are treated as a single track.

Also, people like you that used commercial dvd-a players to play that dvd had no such a problem. I, personally, prefer a pc as a source because it is easier, almost always, to workaround problems like that.

I finally concluded that it must be a creative's dvd-a player problem. I tried PowerDVD 7 deluxe and I got a perfect MLP playback (without any pauses). What is more, I was able to watch the video content at the same time.

Thank you

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 604

quote:

I don't think there's a way to insert gaps during the burning of .iso files.

Maybe, but I once ran into a problem trying to burn an image file. Roxio's Easy CD Creator creates an image file as a .CIF file. A couple years ago, before the DVD-A was available, I was given a .CIF image file of the DTS quad mix of DSotM. Having no luck burning it, I did a little research and picked up the Roxio suite and proceded to burn a DTS disc from the image file. No matter what I did there was always an annoying gap between tracks. I finally borrowed a copy - the same version of EZCD Creator, that was used to create the image file and that solved the problem. It sounded as you were having a similar problem with unwanted gaps, so I threw it out as a head's up. At any rate, I'm glad you got your gap problem resolved.

Post Number: 3
By the way, I have downloaded a DTS version of 'The Wall' as an image file with extension .nrg. I tried to burn it using Nero but I got noise. There is also a .cue version of 'The Wall' in DTS. Have you tried any of them?

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 605
Sorry, I have not. You may be able to get answers at http://www.dtsac3.com/ though. Good luck.

Username: Spark

Post Number: 1
Hi,
The point is similar... I have a Creative Audigy 2S Platinium Pro sound card, and LG DVD RAM. I try to browse the DVD files to the Media Source DVD Player (Creative's media software), but the software can not see the DVD drive to browse... Also drag&drop is impossible. The interesting thing is that Win Media Player is perfectly serving via Creative sound card and Creative 5.1 speakers... Is this a frequent Creative problem as Dontas said??? Urgent response pls...
Thanks...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us