The Greatest Tweak for your CD's and DVD's!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hifisoundguy

Post Number: 45
I have been trying out a brand new product called GrungeBuster 2.2 CD Mats and it's the best tweak I have ever tried for your CD's and DVD's!!! I will never listen to any CD without them ever again period!!! WOW!! http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/cdmat.htm http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/cdreview.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I will be trying out this stuff too soon! http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LDSCDFLUID

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9123

How to save $48;

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/215360.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
I was talking to a friend about CD contact enhancers and he told me to check out a brand new product called Esoteric 3d-x from Jena Labs, I'm going to try a 2 oz. kit soon! http://www.jenalabs.com/info/esoteric3d-x.html

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4098
Randy, this has been done so many times that I even regret prodding you with another post.
Zaino, or Pledge.
Highest quality testing, far beyond your rec.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9124

Yeah, but, Nuck, look at the cute little lunch box for dieters that it all comes in. Not to mention the included lint free, non-abrasive optical quality polishing cloth. 50 pads to put it on and 50 pads to wipe it off. For crimminy sakes, they even give you the pin to open the bottle! And the ad copy reads more like a shampoo spot than anything that offers "quantum improvement" and "transformational powers". No, wait, shampoos promise that too.

How much is this stuff?

I love the
"Buy it now page".

80 semolians?! Yowsers! RW, you must have money rolling out of your ... uh, ... ears.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I'm getting the smaller 2 oz. kit $40...I already tried Pledge multi surface and heard only a very small improvement!!! I do not see how the Zaino z6 would be any better than Pledge.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 829
I do not see how the Zaino z6 would be any better than Pledge.

You're supposed to hear the difference - not see it!"

Duh!

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9129

And how do you suppose the $40/$80 stuff is any better? Because they have a web site that tells you it is?

Gold Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1547
Randy: please, please listen to Jan and My Rantz. Please. Please.
I've tried them ALL - and either the Zaino products or Pledge will do everything possible - with the bonus that you save enough money to buy several CDs!
I don't know how many times we Old Dawgs have cussed and discussed the disc-enhancing issue, but we are always willing to give it another go, I suppose.
www.zainobros.com and get their "Plastic Magic" stuff plus some of their Z-6. Or if you want to save MUCHO MONEY get Pledge -but NOT Pledge for wood. Sigh.
Then again, don't take our collective word(s) for it. We all have to learn the hard (read that "expensive") way sometimes.

Respectfully. . .LarryR

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3541
I have been comparing Zaino Z-6 to Pledge all weekend (while reflecting as my Mother passed away last Friday) and there is no comparison the Zaino is head and shoulders better. I have been reparing the Pledge cleaned CD's and redoing all of the CD's cleaned prior to Zaino. I love the Zaino, guess I'll have to splurge for more. I'll pst this on "old dogs" as well.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1880
my Mother passed away last Friday

Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up buddy. And lean on your close friends.

Gold Member

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1548
Art: Mer and I send you our condolences and wishes for peace - for everybody concerned. The loss of a close loved one is certainly traumatic. Been there too often.
It may trite, but true: "time heals."
And you have many friends "out here" who listen to your pain and understand. . .really.

Respectfully. . .LarryR

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 832
Art - do you not use the Z14 prior to the Z6? If that's so and you are getting such good results I wonder if my money was wasted on the Z14.

LARRY!

Gold Member

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1551
MR: No - trust me in this. The Z-14 removes mold release compound and generally prepares the surface. The Z-6 puts an extra clear surfacing on the disc, so that the laser has an easier time of aiming through the poly. I've seen microscope renderings of this - but cannot call it up at the moment. Old age, doncha no!!!

The Z-6 was designed as an "intermediate" cleaning solution, for when car buffs wanted an extra bit of sheen but had no time for a full cleaning.

Heck, my friend, I don't know - all I know is that Mer and I have spent TOO MUCH TIME and energy figgering out how to get the most out of our discs. Sigh. If anybody's got better solutions, just post them and let others experiment. I'm tired!!!!!

Respectfully. . .LarryR

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 839
Sorry Larry, I was really only kidding my friend. I took everything you have stated about the Zaino products seriously and I agree they (together) do a great job. I still give the treatment to every new title and the differences vary from extremely subtle to quite obvious. I guess it depends on how much release compound traces are left on the discs.

Gold Member

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1552
MR: Guess I've gotta "lighten up" a bit, eh?
GRIN

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3546
I do not use the Z-14. I did use the pledge the results are better without it. I have a whole bunch of Z-6 to use before I order any more Zaino products. I'm getting great results from the Z-6 and may not want to mess with it...we'll see...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/453384.html

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4152
Knock yourself out, RW. You never know till you try.
If I bought on hype alone, I would own Enron, Saccarine, DDT, Agent Orange and other niceties.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us