SACD + DVD Audio problem

mastercheif912003
Unregistered guest
Hi, I am looking to buy a DVD player that plays DVD Audio and SACD's. MY problem is that I have a HTIB system that does not have multichannel analong inputs. Am I screwd? Is there anyway to convert mulitichannel RCA to COAX?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5854
There are plenty of DVD audio and SACD players out in the market that has COAX digital, optical and multi channel analog outputs all in the same player. So don't fret. Just look at the capability of the SACD player you are looking to purchase.

Bronze Member
Username: Dobyblue

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37
I thought you can only use the multi-channel outputs for the DVD-Audio and SACD discs and the digital coaxial for the DVD-Video/CD discs. Am I wrong here?
I have a DV-45a Pioneer DVD-Audio/SACD player and in order to use the advanced resolution audio tracks on the SACDs and DVD-Audio you have to use the analogue multi-channel cables; if you try to use the optical or digital coaxial you get no sound.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 262
Steven is correct. Unless the universal player and receiver are connected by a firewire or in the case of Denon, Denon-link V3, SACD and DVD-A will only pass through the analogue connections.

Username: Audioquery

Post Number: 2
Hello guys, I have just purchased a Marantz DV7001 Univ DVD Player and connected this to my Yamaha RX-V1800 A/V Receiver via a Van Den Hul optical cable. Since I am more into music than to movies, am I now able to enjoy SACD/DVD-A with this connection? If not, what additional connections do I have to make in order to enjoy SACD/DVD-A? Also, when the new connnections are in place, will the toslink now be useless and has to be disconnected? Pls guide me from where to where in making these connections(Receiver to Player). Likewise, do I need to make necessary adjustments on the player or just leave the default settings? Lastly, Do I need to have a 5.1 speaker set-up to enjoy the high resolution music or my present 2.1 will do? Thank you very much..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us