Help with Kenwood VR-414 Receiver & woofer

Anonymous

Hey Folks,

We have been given a Kenwood VR-414 5.1 receiver and subwoofer, all kenwoo speakers (2 L. 2 R, 1 center & 1 13" x 13" square woofer).

I can't tell how to hook the woofer up to the received.

There is a single RCA looking like port on the back of the receive, I believe it says woofer input or output (can't remember). And, I was given 1 24" single, gold RCA cable that seems to correspond to the 'Woofer' port on the receiver. But, I have no idea where it plugs into on the woofer.

The wooder has 2 sets of rca ports, r/l input and out put. It also has some speaker wire ports. It has a on/off switch, volume, cross over and auto off switch.

I'm wondering... do I need a 'y' splitted, to slit mt single RCA cable that came with it into .. either input or out put on the woofer? I wonder if I was given all the correct cables, except a y splitter. If there were only a single RCA port on my woofer too, like on the receiver, it would make some more sense.

Any how, if any one might be able to help tell how to hook up this big powered woofer to my received/amp, I'd love to know. I have the 5 small speakers hooked up.

Thanks much
aves

Bronze Member
Username: Banyanleaf

Post Number: 41
Yes, you would need a "Y" RCA splitter if you prefer RCA connection. The other option is to use the line output using speaker cable. Connect the receiver with the sub's r/l input, and then connect your main speakers with r/l output. doing this you give the sub the work of using its own cross over. my experience is that line output actually sound better than RCA. Using only one RCA line but not a Y splitter will lose one side of sign, which is probably not what you want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us