Help with pioneer Eguallzer and Dynamic processor

Username: Thomascsmith

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer SA8800 amp ,Pioneer GS-9500 Equallzer,Pioneer RG2 Dynamic Processor,cassette Deck,Turntable,and tuner. I could use some help with the hook up.Thank YOU Thomas

Username: Thomascsmith

Post Number: 2
I also have a cd player all is hooked up but the Equallzer.I am geting it fron ebay.My speakers are Klips forte. Thank You Thomas

Silver Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 101
NO PROBLEM MR. SMITH:
Do you have a preamp or is your pioneer an integrated amp?
What I will show you is a basic chain set up. I would have much preferred you had a DBX 200x or 400x route selector which would make life a lot easier.
I have the 400x in storage plus i also have a carver c-4000 preamps and various other carver preamps. Good preamps makes your life easier, they usally contain inputs for sound processors.
STEP 1> Connect your equalizers PREOUTS to the PREAMPLIFIERS PRE IN(can be labled MAIN IN OR LINE IN) do the same with the preamp's PREOUT OR LINE OUT and connect to EQUALIZER'S pre in or line IN
note: this is so you can record and playback from whatever source you are using, cd, tape, phono etc.
STEP 2> CONNECT the pre in/line in from the dynamic processor/expander to the TAPE OUT (if it has connections for TAPE DECKS 1 and 2, connect to either 1 or 2 but make sure the SWITCH is selected for 1 or 2 in which you connected the RCA CABLES)
Do the same for pre out/line out of the dynamic processor/expander to the TAPE IN(tape 1 or 2 making sure the switch is selected to whichever the rca cables is connected)of the equalizer.
note* sometimes the unit says MONITOR/TAPE pushed in or out according to SYMBOL...make sure it's on tape, MONITOR means LINE IN(usually when you are recording from something like a cd player to tape)
STEP 3>CONNECT the tape OUT(tape 1 or 2) of the dynamic processor to the AMP LINE INPUT.
note: the dynamic processor's tape IN and the other TAPE inputs/outputs SHOULD REMAIN FREE...
the SELECT switch or button should be pushed to or selected to either TAPE 1 OR 2 in which you connected the rca cable to on the line out.
CD, TAPE, VHS, PHONO you connect into the preamp's input for each category, self explanatory.
This hook up is for being able to record or just playback! The sound processor or enhancer is always at the end of the chain and the equalizer is always first when using any type of processors.
If you had an additional enhancer like a carver holography, hughes, bsr or acoustic research for example, you always but the spatial enhancers at the end of the line after the range controller/dynamic processor or expander(all the same).

SET UP 2, this is the simple BASIC SET UP, NO RECORDING, JUST PLAYBACK:

STEP 1. Preamp line out goes to equalizer LINE IN. equalizer LINE OUT goes to dynamic processor's LINE IN and dynamic processor's LINE OUT goes to AMP'S LINE IN....

That simple!
There's many other hook up's and additions you can do such as other equipment like additional amplifiers, processors etc using Y adapters if you wanted to use other configurations more complex.

I have been connecting/experimenting on tweaking/sound processing equipment on audio for 26 plus years.
Always test your set up and make sure everything is hooked up properly.

ps, i'm a former high end home theater installer.
plus whatever personal system i hook up, it's always very complex cause i always add tons of sound processors, amps, stabilizers, conditioners, and all sorts of other tweaks. Yup, the back my system from the 80's til present have always looked like a jungle!

If you had a route selector or control box from various companies like DBX, RUSSOUND, NILES etc..
It would be a lot easier for you. A route selector is just an extention to the preamp.
More complicated preamps like old carvers or present sunfire, adcom and other high end systems, have terminals for various sound processors especially those built in the 80's and 90's!
Most units today are designed for HT use!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2742
the eq has an input from tape out.
The eq goes into tape in.
Apply tape monitor.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2743
lather, rinse, repeat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here