Is there such a thing a as CD Player with a Hard Disk

Username: Dizzy

Brooklyn, NY Usa

Post Number: 1
I own a retaurant and I want a Cd player I can load CDs into, have them recorded into memory, and then never have to have the CD around again.

I have big problems with skipping, and wanted to save the step of loading them into my home computer, then loading them back into a MP# player or the like.

Is there such a thing? One that you could manipulate with a USB cable on your home computer, and then plug into your stereo to play, OR plug a keyboard into, and use a screen on the player?

Might there be an end to Disks that skip?

Any advice would be great.

Username: Bleu_allen

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 3
Yes, there are cd recorders that allow you to record onto a hard drive to store for playback at anytime in the future. Yamaha hd1300 recorder is one that has had a good review.

One thing to remember with cd burners is the copy protection law. This is how the Yamaha works in a nutshell. Once you rip a copy from the original cd to the hard drive you end up with a perfect digital copy. If you then burn a copy from the harddrive to a blank disc you end up with a perfect digital copy. However, when this is finished the original digital copy off the hard drive is erased. This keeps people from burning more than 1 digital copy, thus complying with the copyright laws. So if you rip and burn copies of everything you like and get rid of all your cd's you will not have the ability to make endless digital copies.

Other brands work similarly to the Yamaha.

Bleu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us