Bass too much

Bronze Member
Username: Erexkiss

Post Number: 12
hi everyone, my problem is that there is too much bass going from my speakers (infinity entra three), even though i set the bass knob on my receiver (Onkyo TX-SV 424) to the minimum, and the bass part of the equalizer on winamp to the minium. Yes, i run my music through my laptop. I am in desperate need of help, can someone please help me what could be wrong with my setup?
Thanks a lot!

Bronze Member
Username: Erexkiss

Post Number: 13
sorry my mistake, it should have gone to the speaker or receiver topic.

Username: Adamx12

Henderson, CO USA

Post Number: 1
To me most of the EQ are set in happy face or sin wave. This should give you a good sound. Just like most musician set their EQ same way.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 844
Don't use boosts ever increase the bass output, or the other frequencies as well set the amplifier, level to higher to compensate for the loss, never boost the settings on the EQ always use cuts on an EQ.

Unregistered guest
hi everyone, i hav the toshiba qosmio laptop, with harman/kardon speakers, but these speakers dont give out any bass, i tried going into the advanced options under the audio prefrences, but the bass and treble options are locked, can someone plz tell me how to boost the bass on my laptop? thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Anubis

Birmingham, West Midlands England

Post Number: 34
You can't really expect a computer to do the same job as a seperates. If you're bothered about EQ levels, you're using the wrong type of equipment.

Equalisers generally destroy the balance in levels. Consider what a mess a digital one makes. Try disabling all forms of EQ and use your amp's contols to compensate, as Andy says. I've found line-interconnect choices makes all the difference and that they're most apparent between computer and amp.

A/V
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us