A new Receiver and an Old, what can I do? (Newbie)

Username: Buffalokid

Post Number: 3
I purchased a Yamaha HTR-5560 a little while ago, along with a 5.1 home theater Athena speaker set. I recently have moved the home theater to the basement however where my old reciever (Pioneer VSX-4400) was used to drive the stereo in the main basement area. The home theater room in the basement sounds great, but the area of the basement I used to play music in now sounds pretty crappy as I've been running only two speakers off of the Yamaha's B channels(the alternate front speakers).

I was wondering if it would be possible to either connect the new and old recievers together so that there was an output from the new to an input on the old, or maybe someway to use the old receiver like an amp to boost the output from the B channel on the yamaha(On hind site I suppose the two options are really the same)..

I'd prefer not to run the two receivers independently, because I'd like them both to be able to access the same sources.

If you guys have any advice it would really be great, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 500
It's possible but you might need a preamp to accomplish it. I'll ponder on it a little more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us