Cassette decks and playback speed

Username: Lvanett

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I'm in the process of transferring my cassettes to CD...one thing I've noticed is my cassette deck's playback speed is about 3% faster than it should be. I noticed this difference after transferring songs on tape and comparing the same songs on CD. (These are standard size audiocassettes.) Normally I wouldn't mind but because these are karaoke tapes and will be used by myself and others, it will make a difference. Is there any way to adjust playback speed on my tape deck? Are there any tape decks that will play standard cassettes and allow me to adjust playback speed?

thanx for your help. :-)

Lynda (Lvanett)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4359

Pitch control was a somewhat infrequent feature on most cassette decks. Many of the Nakamichi, Teac, Tascam and upper end Sony decks had pitch control. I can't say for certain you can find the feature today but it would most likely be on an upper end deck or a cassette machine geared to the professional market. Sony made some Pro Walkman and Tascam has made a studio deck with pitch control. This of course requires buying a new deck. I know of no way to add pitch control to an existing deck.

Username: Lvanett

Post Number: 2
That's interesting! Do you know the model numbers of the brands you mentioned that have this feature, so I can do a search for them?

Lynda (Lvanett)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4363

Sorry, not off the top of my head, I don't.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us