Amp trouble

Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
i have a Pyramid 1600watt 4ch amp.. not that old. maybe a year or two... i have a new sony deck and a alpine g-180 eq and i have a 4ga. power wire hooked up to a 3farad voodoo capacitor then feeded to a fuse block then 8 ga. wire to the amp. i have two 15" mtx subs hooked up to the amp.. (briged)... i have the subs in parallel :cool:

note:
(i had a bazooka 600 or 700watt amp hooked up to these 15" mtx before and sound great never turned off .. the amp heated up but didnt turn off.. the only thing i changed was the amp to a pyramid...) :-)

for some reason the amp turns off.. i tried hooking the subs to just one ch. but still turns off.. (amp turns off at high volumes).. i was thinking maybe its a overload protection? or maybe not enough curret goin to the amp? or maybe the way i have the subs hooked up.. (drive load) ohms? :confused:

i tired changing the levels and gain and bass boost all that and i got the amp to were it will play for a while then it turns off..
the amp never gets hot. and the fan is on all the time.. or i think it is... :mad:
email: abew330@aol.com
any help would be great!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us