Help - car cassette player problem

Username: Jennieb

Post Number: 1
hello- i have a cassette player in my 01 corolla. it worked fine until recently. now when i try to play a cassette, i get loud static/crackling from the speakers - so much so, it makes the music inaudible. this happens with both a cassette and devices attached with a cassette adapter. However, the radio still plays fine through the speakers. Any ideas? I appreciate it!

Username: Nall4sail

North Carolina

Post Number: 2
Jen,

By chance have you tried using a good head cleaner? You may have some deposit build up on the heads. Would be the easist remedy to try first.

Unregistered guest
Now that cars are being sold with only a CD player. Before I bought my current new car I was listening to cassettes and CDs. For CD I had a separte CD player that I could place in the cassette player to listen to the CDs. I was wondering if there is a similar device that would allow me to play my large collection of audio cassettes through the CD player?

Unregistered guest
When I try to play a cassette it doesn't work, and there is a constant clicking sound. The radio works fine.

Anonymous

We purchased a cassette adaptor to play our portable CD player in the car. From the moment we have used it there has been a constant squeak in the background that is really annoying when listening to audio books and music. Other cassettes play well in the player. Do you think we have a defective adaptor?

Username: Brandon_norwood

Hartselle, Al Us

the static part in your speakers is probably cause the cassette player is dirty. and I also have a question. I have a 95 ford ranger. it has a radio/cassette player. Well, when you put a cassette in, it will keep switching from side a to b then b back to a. over and over again.... anyone know why?

Username: Mechtech90

Hello,

I have a 98 Nissan Maxima and my cassette player doesn't work? It'll recognizes the cassette is in the player but it just switches between forward and rewind and spits the cassette back out. Any ideas why?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us