Help with pioneer turntable

Username: Johnnyfever78

Livingston , La Usa

Post Number: 1
i have a pioneer turntable. it has an audio technica cartridge on it. i just got a replacement stylus for it and i have a problem. my records dont sound normal. sounds kind of hollow. the stylus is a pfanstiehl?? i found it at radio shack. its not an original replacement from audio technica. my question. what is happening. and can this be because of the stylus or do i need to replace the cartridge???also sometimes it sounds like the audio is going left to right channel. or vice versa. and my speaker looks like it has bass even when no music is playing. like between songs.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

The woofer movement you are seeing is infrasonic and subsonic information fed to the system from the turnatble mechanism, what is commonly referred to as "rumble". It is in the turntable and the only way to deal with it is to use a rumble filter. If your pre amp doesn't have one, you can check the market for plug in filters. Nakamichi made some many years ago. I doubt these are still available but you might find a substitute. I would check shops that handle DJ gear.
The other sound problem might be the stylus isn't mounted in the cartridge properly or you have changed the tracking force while working with the table.

Username: Johnnyfever78

Livingston , La Usa

Post Number: 3
thanks. i called the needle doctor. they are giving me the hookup:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us