Cerwin Vega speakers

Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 4
I know that you guys say that Cerwin Vegas have bloated bass, but how harsh do they sound in the treble and midrange?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 248
they arent what I would call reference quality.

Some of their speakers are quite nasty to listen to, but paul insists that his (older series) are pleasent.

Personalli I think that you can do much better in a brand such as paradigm.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6203

You choose which speakers to own based on a series of choices and perogatives. What will you pay for what you get.

You choose CV because they play loudly for not much money.

If playing loudly for not much money is your main perogative, harsh vs. smooth is far down the list of choices.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 249
good point... however if you want to play loudly for not much money you would be better off with the Klipsch Synergy. The new series are quite a bit smoother than the older ones. These would be much more enjoyable to listen to IMHO then CV. However, they would still be a tad more money, but money well spent.

Dynacofan
Unregistered guest
Eh, if you just want power and loudness go with DCM. Their FT10 {about $360 pair} will run 200 watts rms, 400 peak. They house a long throw 10'' polyprop woofer and 6.5'' polyprop mid. Don't expect them to sound "pretty" but if you want bass and power I see no other option. Only down side to such a monster speaker; you'll want a monster amp to run them to their full capacity.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 150
I heard a cv setup recently with a 3 piece center channel that sounded pretty darn good with Linn power

Username: Transient

Taos, N.M. USA

Post Number: 4
Cerwin Vega are made to disturb the neighborhood period. They are just plain,badass,loud damm speakers. Even the home theatre sets with the surrounds and sub. I got 2 new Classic series dual 15" towers and am running 250watts of audio art amp to them. They sound great. Loud and clear. The way I like my music. Of coarse being a dj with the dual 15" prostax at 900 watts to each, I'm kind of partial.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us