DAC - use that of cd player or that of A/V receiver?

Username: Ipsofacto

New Delhi, Delhi India

Post Number: 1
This is a sort of a general (maybe elementary) questiion but I require help.

If not wrong, I believe both CD players and digital A/V's have DACS. If I use that of the Cd Player, then should I bypass that of the A/V and connect to the speakers through anolog outputs? Or channel the digital output of the CD player to the Receiver and use its DAC? Or is all this not neccessary and the AV circuitry will recognise the incoming signal?

Anonymous

This depends on the CD player/AV receiver u have.if u have a good DAC(24bit/192khz or above) on CD player itself u can just use ur analog out and connect directly to ur amps.if not use ur AV receiver.Again if ur much interested listening music don't connect to AV rec,since they r not much musical.better 2 have a stereo amp 4 listenin 2 music

Username: Ipsofacto

New Delhi, Delhi India

Post Number: 2
Thanks greatly Anonymous!

I am about to install a NAD C521 CD Player. The specs dont menntion 192khz or higher but the Analogue Converter is a Burr-Brown Sigma-Delta 20 bit Digital. I have a McIntosh C504 (pretty old) stereo preamp connected to a Yamaha power amp for regular listening. Alternatively I have a digital Onkyo A/V for DVDs etc. I guess your recommendation is still a good one for the NAD.

Username: Natish

India

Post Number: 3
NAD with Mcintosh is ok.I beleive yamaha amp u r mentionin is not power amp,but a integerated amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us