I can't seem to record over 74 minutes of music on 80-minute CD-R's.

Anonymous

I recently purchased a Sony RCD-W500C recorder along with Sony 80-minute CD-R's. I can successfully record and finalize a CD less than 74 minutes. However, twice, I attempted to record approximately 77 minutes of music, and received a "record error" at around the 74 minute mark. The unit recognizes the CD-R's as 80-minutes, and it does show/track the amount of time used/left on the CD.

I looked at the back of the ruined CD-R's mentioned above... It certainly appeared that, with the amount of "burn" tracking present, there was NOT room for roughly six more minutes of music.

Is there a setting on the unit I may have overlooked? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered guest
I have the same Sony Unit and notice that problem when using CD-RW's. The disc becomes full after 74 minutes or so. When making analog Karaoke recordings it won't even go that far - most of the times the C13 error message appears due to vibration.

I am able to use the full 79:57 when recording with CDR's.

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I'll try another brand of music CD-R's and see if I have better luck. I haven't tried CD-RW's yet.

Unregistered guest
Another thought about being unable to record the full 80 minutes on your Sony. Do you program the music being recorded? The machine only programs up to 25 selections at one time, even if there is time enough to record one more selection.

Unregistered guest
I cant seem to find my manual and I cant seem to properly finalize please help by emailing step by step instructions on how to record and finalize on my rcd w500c
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us