Pros and cons of PSP (review included)

bobby-joe
Unregistered guest
Here I will list all the pros and cons of the PSP handheld system

PSP pros:

1.PS2 quality graphics (128 bit I believe, give or take a bit or 2)
2. Can play movies on a data stick
3. Can play music on a data stick
4.Wireless multiplayer online or off (Uses wi-fi)
5. Analog stick
6. can effectively port most ps2 and ps1 games (no dual analog so not everything can be ported, although they will no doubt find a way around this.)
7. Huge 4.3" screen
8. supports over 16.7 million colors, more than 16.69 million more than the GBA.
9. usb support
10. comes with a rechargeable battery (contrary to popular belief)
11. charges in less than half the time the DS does
12. good looking LCD display
13. sleek design
14. WEB ACCESS!!!! (via a legal hack)
15. can be used in a way not intended without the use of emulators (i.e. scanning memos on your computer and porting them to your PSP in a Word document, making it a phone book!)
16. 333 megahertz
17. Headphone jack
18. can store photos on a data stick
19. Can turn on instantly from the off position (you flip the switch and a quarter second later you are playing)

PSP Cons:

1.every once in a while on certain games pixels will burn out and come back 5 seconds later good as new. Not a big problem but it does get annoying.
2. Battery not as powerful as DS or GBA, 5-10 hours of gameplay per charge
3. Does not get too loud, I reccomend (sp?) playing with headphones if you were looking forward to killing your hearing, with headphones it is really loud.
4. You have to reset the internal clock if you let the battery get to 0%
5. loading times, just like the consoles.
6. The compatible memory sticks are quite a rip off
7. Some what more fragile (and better looking) than the DS

So there you have it, the pros and cons of a GREAT hand held
I give it a 9/10

I will check back here frequently and will accept ideas for additional pros and/or cons. Just please, no comments such as:
OMG T3H DS PWNS THE PSP PUT THAT IN YOUR REVIEW

oh, and please, if you are a Nintendo fanboy, don't come in here and spam everything as i will have you modded.

you can contact me by posting on this thread, I will see it

feed back is also appreciated

thanx hope i hear from sumone soon

bobby-joe
Unregistered guest
uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh..................................

I guess this is a dead board, but if you are reading this, you might as well read my review

Lookin
Unregistered guest
Whaddya mean there's a rechargeable battery? Can you swap out the existing battery so that one is always charge?

Lookin
Unregistered guest
Sorry, but what is porting? and how do you do it.... And what about web access through a legal hack?

bobby-joe
Unregistered guest
dear Lookin,

it comes with a rechargable battery already installed in it so you do not have to buy new batteries, you DO however have to use the charger it comes with to plug it in to an outlet so you can recharge it.

Porting is taking a game or Idea that has been on one cansole for a long time and putting it on a different console. Only the developers of the game can do it, and even if you somehow find out how to port a game yourself, it would be illegal.

the web access through a legal hack is a hack on the psp that allows you to use the one web page featured with the game wipeot pure as a browser for the whole web.

hope that helped

Unregistered guest
How do you do the elegal hack to allow you web acces s. and wat do you think i should buy the ps2 or the psp its a really tough decision for me o and can you hook up more controllers to your psp and then hook your psp to your television and play. thats all, thanks.

mr.bojangles
Unregistered guest
dear vali,
of course you can't hook it up to your tv you moron

sadistic
Unregistered guest
do you have to have a memory stick to play mp3s or does it have room to store thhem on a hard drive or something

Unregistered guest
Is there any disadvantage of buying a psp in america and bringing it over here?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1382
Not sure where "here" is :P

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 569
I cannot figure Y people would ever buy hand-helds unless they are true 'gamefreaks' ....or nighttime security guards ! heh heh

I mean u got your big screen tv @ home & console graphics are so much better to look at than clenching your eyes to look @ a stupid 'Huge 4.3" screen' not to mention big sound off your Tv/home sound system & they even cost twice as home consoles costs .

Personally i have never wasted my $ buying ANY handheld & would not care for it if given free even !
Upload

Anonymous

dear Rovin...................................................You Suck!!

somebody5788
Unregistered guest
now u dont even have to hack to get the internet browser they released an update that makes it do that on its own.

a disadvantage is that to get an update u either have to be at your pc and download to memory card (harder) or have wirelss access point.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 427
Rovin is cooler than u

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1478
If its your momma or your sister that i suck - then sure ! Upload

Damn Hater ! ....the guy could have simply said he disagrees - sheeesh !

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2446
dear Anon..............YOU SUCK!

June
Unregistered guest
PSP is more than just a hand held game, it can play movies, and mp3, and photos, and also you can preview a pre-recorded movie. I want to use the unit as multi-media purposes. To show off my music studio and preview my music.

I dont have one yet, but I would imagine if you do have a xbox at home want a hand held device. Then this is the ticket! I am getting one. Well worth it.

cheers
June

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 768
there is no real reason for someone over the age of 18 to have a psp

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 769
unless u dont have a bf/gf

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 55
How about flying? It'd be cool to be able to watch a movie, play a few hours worth of games and listen to music, without carrying a portable dvd player, an iPod and a GBA:SP.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1400
go to sleep

Questioning3
Unregistered guest
can u use a normal PC usb memory stick or do u need 2 by a special memory stick 4 the PSP

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1447
not sure

emmmmmmmmmmma
Unregistered guest
Rovin, Im not a game freak but am interested in the PSP for long flight trips and car drives and the like. You obviously don't know much about it so should watch what you say!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Unregistered guest
So which is better, p$p or DS?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2641
emmmmmmmmmmma - so what r u gonna do about it ! - jump through my PC screen & kick my butt -lol

long flight trips and car drives - watch the onboard movie or take a nap , in the car watch the frickin scenery .

I have played a psp - but the point i was making above was that ppl r going nutz about it like its the hottest thing since sliced bread .

hey , whoever want s 2 buy 1 - go right ahead cause i'm not discouraging any1 .......Upload........peace .....Upload

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1648
i am dont buy one, its a waste of money just give it to me this is me and my friend the sad one is the one with the psp

Upload

Unregistered guest
as far as flying. as long as you have 10 batterys you will be fine because the psp sucks batterys like you wouldent belive

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
>> watch the onboard movie or take a nap
Onboard movies suck! Just 5-6 hours of nighttime sleeping will do. :=)

>> In the car watch the frickin scenery.
10-13 hours of mid-western highway scenery!!!!!

>> ppl r going nutz about it like its the hottest thing since sliced bread.
Well, it is kinda the hottest thing to happen to handheld gaming in the recent past, right?

Unregistered guest
"as far as flying. as long as you have 10 batterys you will be fine because the psp sucks batterys like you wouldent belive"
I bet it dose because of that internal battery good luck with finding use for the 10 batteries though.

Unregistered guest
>>>PSP is more than just a hand held game, it can play movies, and mp3, and photos, and also you can preview a pre-recorded movie.

i dont have one obvisously if im asking this but how do u look at pictures and >>i read from somewheres else does the psp really have a camera for it?<< sry if thats a dumb question

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
>>i dont have one obvisously if im asking this but how do u look at pictures and >>i read from somewheres else does the psp really have a camera for it?

The PSP doesn't have a camera built-in. Some hope that someone will come out with a USB camera for the PSP. As for looking at pics on the PSP, you'll need to get the pics onto a Memory Stick Duo and then go from there.

Anonymous

MAN - the way u dudes talk about PSP ,i hope it doesn't give u all a jism when ur sleeping @ nights by your lonesome selves !

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2120
lol

worried about buying
Unregistered guest
wow...i was looking to buy one of these and tried reading a couple reviews right quick but it looks like everyones having too much fun taking shots at each other...especially the guy who took the time to make the smiley whutevers laughing at each other..IF U DONT WANNA WRITE A REVIEW GET OUTTA THE ROOM...now a ?, is it hard to get music/ pics onto the PSP and does it matter if u have a mac or windows?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
>> Is it hard to get music/pics onto the PSP?

Not at all. Connect the PSP via the USB cable to a PC, and you'll be dragging and dropping files just like a flash drive. Its fast too.

1. Music goes into a folder named PSP\MUSIC
2. Photos go into a folder named PSP\PHOTO

You can create sub-folders (1 level down only) within the PSP\MUSIC (egs. PSP\MUSIC\ROCK) or PSP\PHOTO (PSP\PHOTO\WALLPAPERS) folder.

Videos are a different deal. You have to convert them to .MP4 format, using some free software (search on google and choose the one you like). This process takes a while, if the file size is big, even on my relatively fast PC. :-( Sony probably wants more UMD movie sales so they didn't support MPG. :-( But, music and pics are very very easy to transfer back and forth, without any special software.

Unregistered guest
Hey im thinking of getting a PSP and was just wondering do you need to buy a speacieal memory stick for movies and songs or are they all just the same? and do they come with the PSP or are they something extra?

Unregistered guest
Hey im thinking of getting a PSP and was just wondering do you need to buy a speacieal memory stick for movies and songs or are they all just the same? and do they come with the PSP or are they something extra?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2656
u have 2 buy it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
>Hey im thinking of getting a PSP and was just wondering do you need to buy a speacieal memory stick for movies and songs or are they all just the same? and do they come with the PSP or are they something extra?

If you buy the PSP Giga Pack, you'll get a 1 GB Memorystick Duo, quality earphones, etc. PSP uses a smaller version of the old MemoryStick, called the MemoryStick Duo. You can buy Sandisk's MS stick and use it in the PSP.

someone special
Unregistered guest
PSP rock!!!!!! I would advise anyone to get one. They cost quite a bit of $ but its worth it in the longrun and Chauncey Brown, EAT ME!!! U think there is no point buying one so i will buy a PSP and u buy a DS and see who's is most popular in years to come. Ahem, I think not Nintendo, Sony are all over you like a rash
<=anon=>

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3243
i will not buy a DS either, hand helds are for kids, or people with 2 much time on there hands.

azy
Unregistered guest
a small question : i'm thinking of buying a psp giga pack, but someone told me that with the psp giga pack, the psp is more up to date, disabling you to share/copy games onto your memory card en play them on the psp. He said something about the psp from the giga pack using firmware 2.0 instead of (psp value pack using) firmware 1.5 (the system where you CAN play copied games). Should I buy (t)his crap or should I buy a psp giga pack?

help!
Unregistered guest
Aight

>Not at all. Connect the PSP via the USB cable to a PC, and you'll be dragging and dropping files just like a flash drive. Its fast too.

1. Music goes into a folder named PSP\MUSIC
2. Photos go into a folder named PSP\PHOTO

I tryed doing that and it didnt work.. i tryed everything... I read the manual (unlike a lot of retards) and found out you needed to buy a special adaptor to write things on the memorystick duo, one is this true, and two... if no. 1 is yes then how much do they cost and where would i buy one?

Unregistered guest
help me im want to by a psp and i was wondering (A)do i have to buy a memory card (B) CAN YOU GUYS TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE MOVIES ON THE PSP.

Anonymous

ok, here's a question. PSP or Ipod video, which is better?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6603
Can you play games with iPod?

Username: Mp3

Post Number: 1
can't play games on ipod video, but it's the best gadget for 18 and above! he he he.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6343
yep^^^psp is for people 17 and under

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7232
I don't think a lot of people under 17 can afford the PSP...or can they??? At least those without a job.

Username: Mp3

Post Number: 2
psp is also for adults 18 years and over, but with a mind of a 12 yrs old or under. hehehehe

Username: Chauncey_sux

games are for all ages,
Chauncey must be one of those BORING persons that dont have taste for interesting stuff (oh yeah, you have to be an adult, and act like one hehehe, stupid). I know a few.
by the way, you can also read books on a PSP,
and if you are doing laundry or on a trip, or waiting for someone its perfect.

Bronze Member
Username: Orion_hcca

Post Number: 13
the PSP is so-so, i bought a second gen(i guess?) like 5 or 6 months after they came out, doesnt have any problems, but its nothing like console replayability. i cant just pick up my psp and play games like i could my xbox/ps2/Gc/snes/genesis/even gameboy (yeah im a nerd, i like old school games) but for trips and whatnot where you arent driving, its great, and now with their new firmware you can surf the internet on it

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 396
psp sucks

Username: Boogerboy4450yahoocom

The one gb memory for the psp, how many songs, movies, and pictures can it hold

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 987
i want a psp

Username: Nebulator007

F*CK DA PSP HATERS!!!
guys one small question!!!
Can i play downloaded games in PSP directly?? or do i need to downgrade or hack or something?? do i have same games in psp which are in ps2???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us