Is this a good idea

Bronze Member
Username: Subwoofaz_rock

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 95
ok for the future i want to purchase gta 4 (grand theft auto iv ) anyway i heard that they are going to realease it on xbox 360 the same day its realeased on ps3 should i buy a xbox 360 because it will be like only $400-500 aud buy this chrismass or wait bit longer and get a ps3 and pay $650

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 219
I don't think you should EVER buy a ps3, but that's just me.

Honestly, I don't see how Sony can pull themselves out of the sh!t they've made for themselves, with releasing the PAL consoles 4 months later, the freakin ridiculous price, and the fact that there's only gonna be 80000 of the high-end consoles in the US on launch (not to mention the exploding laptop batteries).

I'd go 360 all the way, at least then you don't have to pay for hardware you don't want (Blu-Ray), and I don't think you'll miss much.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3556
yea.

360 = bigger memory
360 = bigger graphics card
Ps3 = a lil bit faster processor, but not by much

i too think its gonna flop

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 758
All playstation had over Xbox was the GTA series and now that is no more, so there is no reason to get the ps3. With an expected price drop for the 360, I can't see how you could consider the PS3

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9180
lol...u guys are weird...i have a 360 and im gonna get a ps3 as well...i bet money it will be much better..

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3575
lol. if you can name how it will be, i will buy you a ps3. poeple are mnot going to by it (or a very select few)

i have read all OVER the net, that its gonna flop, because they didnt change much from the old ps2, lol. a lil faster processor and thats about all. what raises the price up is all the little things that they did that you will never use. its ridiculous, and i think they are going to flop horribly because of the sales. Sony made a huge mistake, and recovering is going to be tough... unless they drop the price alot. They have also been haveing really bad freezing problems with the new ps3 also, and these things keep burning up inside the ps3 (i dont know what they are called)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3595
hashah, and just announced, the 360 is now going to be compatible with 1080P televisions, which was the only strength that the ps3 had over the 360,m and thats how ps3 was advertising their new systems. LMAO

and on top of that, 360 is having a atachable HD DVD drive, where you can put your games in their, and your TV will be playin them with HI DEF! crazy stuff microsoft is doin here, that makes it so you dont even need a HI def TV to play the games in HI def. amazing

here it is:

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGriPrNdiL05110357

lol, and im not a nerd who goes on these sites, i saw this on CNN.com

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 759
Well Chauncey quite a few of us don't have the money to throw around like yourself, lol. For most its one or the other. I know the ps3 will be better than the 360, they've had almost a year to at least match what it has. Its just a matter of how much of an improvement it really is and is it worth the extra money ? not to me but we'll see when it hits the stores.

bassman, and that news adds to my pros for a 360 this holiday season.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3616
"I know the ps3 will be better than the 360, they've had almost a year to at least match what it has."

yea, but you have to look at what each of them have over eachother. Since they have had it longer, it should have better graphics? no, because the 360 has a bigger graphics card.. that means it will be bale to store more memory? no, they 360 has a bigger hard drive too

now the only things the PS3 had over them was the 1080p, and now the 360 has that. so now its 650 bucks vs. 300 for somehting that is better.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 760
Well its hard to compare graphic card size when your talking about 2 different graphic processors. And the 360 shares its graphic processing with the CPU while the PS3's is a stand alone. The PS3 has a 20gb and 60gb hard drive, I don't know how big the 360 is but I don't think its bigger than the 60. I think its a 20 and thats only in the premium.

Also, the PS3 has the new blu-ray playback, and these dvd players are really expensive in stores. Also, the ps3 allows you to have up to 7 friends playing with you via bluetooth while the 360 can only allow 4.

So I would say the PS3 is better but I don't see it being worth it at this point gotta still see what its like.

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 227
There's no question the PS3 will be more powerful, but it's also crazy expensive ($1000 AU :-().

If you can get most of the same games on the 360, only with slightly lower graphics quality, I don't see how people are gonna justify spending the extra $350 (or whatever USD) to buy a PS3.

And I can't think of many games that'd work with 7 controllers, maybe that buzz game, but 7-way split screen isn't gonna work.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3670
why the hell would u want to play with 7 ppl on the one screen that would be stupid. and the cpu speed is the same with the ps3 and the 360. the ps3's graphics card is slightly faster altough from the sounds of it, it seems that while the ps3 is good at gpu processing in one part it totally fails in another. so it looks like the ps3's card is just one that looks better on paper. as for the blue-ray...as if anyone will actually be buying blue-ray disks for ages! and besides just get the hd-dvd add on for the 360. but the 2 words to solve all this is

xbox live

and haha of course halo

and also, hah yea, the Ps3 has 60 gb's of memory, but you would never even use 3 gb's. EVER! so there the price is up again...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3671
got this from a PS2 site, heh heh

"SUMMARY
Now that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 specifications have been announced, it is possible to do a real world performance comparison of the two systems.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.
* The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.
* Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance
* The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.
* Memory System Bandwidth
* The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

looks like PS3 has some work to do**"

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 228
That's surprising. So we pay more for inferior technology, if that's true. What site's that from, bassman?

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 763
Yea i'd really like to see the source, how reliable is that info ?

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 764
And another thing, I personally would like to have 7 friends in my games room all playing NHL on my 60" flat screen. A lot more interesting that way.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3680
i guess. but that would get wayy to confusing. THINK ABOUT IT, YOUR TV SPLIT INTO 7 DIFF SECTIONS! its distracting enought to have 4 when ur playin halo...

this is somehting new i found out,,, interesting..

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/microsoft/microsoft-xbox-360-vs-sony-pla ystation-3-game-over-man.asp

and heres that other site

and i could see what you are sayin bout the 7 screens, lol but man. if you have ever played on a tv split into 4, that even gets anoyying. i cant even imagine 7, lol

also the other thing that drives up the ps3 prices is the 3 usb hun eithernet ports. measning you hook (screens) like tv, and/or computer, put three of them next to each other all right in a row, and you need to hook them al up o the ps3. The 3 screens put together = 1 whole screen, basically each tv screen is 1/3 of the image. lol that raised the price up a ton. yea it seems cool when i first thought of it, but who would really have the time to bring 3 tv's in their room, wire them all up together (the tv's) then to the PS3, and then have fun watchin ur 3 way tv image. can you say waste of time? -- just to see the same image on a 40" tv

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3681
also, just found out the 360 has 5 times the bandwidth of the ps3. not to mention theres a new problem with the ps3. the wifi and bluetooth controllers operate on the same frequency so you cant use both at the same time because they interfere with each other. haha so have fun playin with ur friends :-) :-)

and by no means am i ALL for the 360, i just think that sony is the biggest idiot for having such a ridiculous price.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 765
That IGN article is pretty interesting, so on paper it seems like the 360 will be better, but I still want to wait and see. Good information though, thanks !

And yea 7 screens would be kinda stupid but thats why I said NHL, have like 4 friends against 3 or something

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3695
o yea. i think the 7 screens is a good idea but in reality, i think most people would get annoyed with all the diff boxes that ur TV is split into.

like i said, i can barely play halo wit my 4 friends, cuz the diff screens like mess wit ur mind or somthin ,lol

im not completely sure what they meant by the virus's. thats seems very very interesting. and also the controller not working at the same time. lol that would SUCK! this has been a good convo tho :-) :-)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 766
Definetley, we will have to continue it, when it comes out. Its funny how we didn't even mention the Wii.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3699
lol. i know. cause there targeted age is 8-14 IMO. unless ur 14... lol

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 231
Nintendo are trying to use the Wii to open up to a different demographic, like older people and girls. They're taking a completely different route than Sony and MS, and not even really competing directly, IMHO.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3702
yea i know. the key word is "trying". they will never be able to compete with MS or sony. they are tryin to target to older people, but i dont think they will be able to. older people know that nintendo is for the younger age, and they wont buy it. its still a great system for the younger age

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 767
They'll never go away, in Japan Nintendo is king and that will never change.

Gotta love Zelda though

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3706
lol. yea.

Bronze Member
Username: S_dot

United States

Post Number: 94
people need to realize that the most expensive thing on the ps3 is the blu-ray disk player on it. these things were just realised a couple months ago and they are selling for $999 for just the blu-ray player. the ps3 has that and it plays video games in hd. so if you look at it simply as a dvd player your actually getting a deal

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3713
dude. blue ray isnt even gonna become popular for a long azz time. ps3 cant play movies? wtf, the 360 can and you dont even need any upgrades, also they are comin out with a dvd-HD thing for only 200 bucks

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 768
what ? the ps3 plays movies, its just has blu ray capabilities also.

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 232
A lot of people don't want the 'deal' of the Blu-Ray player though. That's what sucks: Sony is forcing you to buy it, not giving you a choice.

bassman, I guess we'll have to wait and see if the Wii can follow through :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3715
yea. we'll have to see. i just dont see any incrase in sales with the wii. people who bought it last time are gonna buy it again (parents for kids)

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 178
I hope the Wii dose all right becuase if it dosnt nintendo may go under:-( anyways get it for the Ps3,well i Enjoy the controls more for the ps systeems

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 771
Like I said Nintendo won't go under, in Japan it reigns King, I read somewhere that the gamecube was outselling the 360 in certain months.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3718
o yea. microsoft is an american made product, sony and nintendo -- (i think nintendo) are china or japan products, so they support them more. but it would be sad to see the nintendo go away.

"if it doesnt, nintendo may go under. get it for the ps3"

what did you mean by that? get the nintendo for the ps3?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 182
JC i'm pretty sure that was og digg a couple weeks ago with is great to see,Owning a gamecube adn not a xbox/360

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 772
do you not like the 360 ?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3727
i dont know what hes tryin to say, lol

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 774
lol, it is kind hard to tell, og digg ??

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3731
but yea. i was reading that the wii is going to be bigger in japan than the ps3. also, the ps3 had a price drop from 600 to 500.... but only in japan. the 360 isnt doin well AT ALL there, but i dont care, thats japan, and this is the US, and i will stick wit the 360 thats cheaper. and when you think bout it, they were saying that the opening games for the ps3 are already looking better than the opening gamnes of the xbox... but then when you think about it, the 360 was released a year ago basically to the day when ps3 launches. thats alot more time. and the average price for the ps3 games are going to be 75-90 dollars!!!!!!! wtf

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 184
Meh the 360 is fine,I;d only get it for halo 3:P

Bassman3-On sonys site ( www.sony.com) they say the games are about 60$ if i rember right

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 776
Bassman, you convinced me..I bought a 360 today...I couldn't resist it was a today only sale at wal-mart got the premium edition for 400 CDN

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3733
haha. thats funny man.

and no, i saw it on that one channel. g4 or somthin. and they said it was going to range from 75-90 dollars. and this was new news out a couple days ago

i got the 360 because most of the games are pretty sick.

JC -- try out quake 4, crazyyyyyy game

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 777
Will do man, i hear its a pretty good game.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3741
yea. its a crazy game. definently one of the goriest games i have played by far! once you get it let me know, cause there is this part that is disgusting, lol

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 778
I was at my companies annual BBQ today, and I won a PSP....just thought I would share that....lol

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 195
Sweet nothing wrong with that good job:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Northerndarknes

Bay area, CA

Post Number: 17
try ghost recon and fight night round 3, both look amazing and are fun as hell to play on 360. 360's an awesome system, ps3 i dont thinks gonna be amazing, i dont know anyone that is going to buy one. and the wii, my girls gettin one and i think it'll be rad. its not going to be a powerful system but the fun factor should make up for the lack of performance...just my 2cents

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 781
Fight night is an awesome game, I rented it the other night.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3817
yea its tite. have you played quake 4 yet JC?

its gonna be (after the holiday season)

microsoft
nintendo
sony

as popularity

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 782
Naw not yet, i'm gonna wait till the holidays...so I can really sit down and play it, I don't have the time to really get into a game right now.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3818
yea. splinter cell double agent comes out ina few days. im gonna pick that up :-)

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 236
You convinced me too bassman, i bought a 360 on the weekend

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 792
^^lol..nice

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3824
hahahah. im glad to help, lol. this is a good thread. how you like is simon? played ne games yet?

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 804
Wow, I was just on ebay....and ppl are already selling their PS3 preorders for over 1500....and each ebgames only get 8 units a piece and some get 16 can you say massive shortage ..basic supply and demand. I wouldn't be surprised if prices go past 2000 on ebay..one guy had a but it now for 8000.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 805
Oh and preorders are all done for the US, hasn't started in Canada though..so i'm thinkin about akin the day off work and camping out to get 1 or 2...and cashing in on this profit.

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 237
Wow that's crazy... are they actually selling for $1500, or is that what the prices are on them?

It seems pretty good so far bassman, haven't played it very much yet. Just perfect dark and hexic, they seem pretty cool :-O

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 238
Wow that's crazy... are they actually selling for $1500, or is that what the prices are on them?

It seems pretty good so far bassman, haven't played it very much yet. Just perfect dark and hexic, they seem pretty cool :-O

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 239
Oops, my bad.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3829
i didnt realy like perfect dark, it was alright. now a very intense game

pre-orders here are 100$ (for the US) and that means ur payin 100$ for a system that ur not even guarenteed. lol

the 360 was goin for like 1800 on ebay when it came out. and i think ps3 will be like 1800-2000. but i dont think their gona sell alot, only to the hard core ps3 lovers

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 806
Man ppl are crazy, paying that much for a video game system.

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 240
Hell yes they're crazy, the ps3 isn't even gonna have any great games on launch. Why not just wait for a month or something till a new shipment arrives and spend 1/3 of the price...

And I just found out the 360 is backwards compatible with the old Xbox. That's cool, now I can go buy Halo 2 :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3834
yep.i madea thread bout that somewhere on here on how to do it.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2335
haha u people are dumb,

ps3 over the 360 anytime why:

ps3 cell procesor but hey its the same speed as the 360(3.2ghz) haha guess again cell procesor have 7 spus or cores (intel new procesor have 2 the duos) 360 cp[u only have 1 or 2, that means that the cell when procesing a 3.2ghz it will be juzz as smooth as procesing a 1.5ghz without any hangs out,

ps3 have two diferent memorys one of them (i htink its the rsx card memory) have the memory set to higher hz than the 360 memory.

apple its makin a deal with bluray that will help big time destroy the hd dvd.

wat about online?? 360 u have to pay ps3 its free.

the only advantage the 360 have its halo but hahah wait till unreal tournament top secret game ur gonna forget about halo. plus rockstars have the hand on ps3 and ps3 have gt4, plus square enix, metal gear solid 5 and others ( beat that XBOX 360)

oh u think ps3 its expensive?? haha u wish, the bluray will come standar. xbox 2360 do not have hd-dvd u ahev to buy the adaptor that will cost 200 bucks add that to the cost of the xbox 360 uuuuuuuy. plus charger for the controller and wat about the overheating problems of the 360??? and the out of memory problems too??

microsoft GAME OVER.

ps3 already won ad havent take out the ps3 to the market. oh wait another advantage the ps3 will have the motion sensor, and wired router(get the 600 ps3 ull have wireles plus more)

and about the controller freqenzy ur WRONG ps3 controller have 7 swithes 1 for each controller and u put the number of the controller and each controller will have its own freqensy haah eat that u suckas!!!!!!!!!!!

lilrob:-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3897
lol. i hope you know that when ps3's graphics DO infact get better, its not gonna be until another 6 years man. lol so the graphics ARE going to be identical for the next 5 years, so dont worry bout it. blue-ray isnt gonna be hapening till a while, and yes, the ps3 is wayyy to expensive. lets compare the amoutn of people that go on LIVE compared to playstation, lol GAME OVER sony

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 825
Its not much of an argument, when you recycle the same garbage, we've talked about previously, did you even read the articles we posted. So your not bringing new information. Anyways I agree with the processors, sony has had over a year to obviously make it somewhat faster.

Online play, well lets just say "you get what you pay for" i hope they fixed online play from the ps2 cause online play sucked and i'm assuming since its still free (actually I don'
t know if its free anymore) it will be the same lackluster effort shown on the ps2. And like we've discussed earlier of course the blu ray is gonna drive up the price, but do people want that at this time ? when most people buy consoles to play games and movies are a bonus, so this whole argument about it costing more cause it has blu ray is stupid i'm not buying a ps3 for that feature.

Overheating problems are no more

How has ps3 won ? each store got 8-16 units how is that a win if it sold out..duh

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3898
have you ever heard of halo 3 (the ps3 killer) and Gears of war. lol

square enix? lol

GT4 is the only good one. lil rob, you have to take into accont what kind of people ahve money to sepnd on a fckin 650 dollar console, only the pople who have alot of money. before, kids has ps2's and xbox's because their parents could afford them. not with the ps3

haha your a lil late with the overheating problems lil rob. that was uhh a year ago with the first batch. there hasent been any overheating problesm since the batch has been takin care of... so your a lil late, althoughi heard that ps3 is going to have an overheating problem too, uhh hmm.

and about the memory, i dont think anyone in the world can use up as much memory as the 360 has. it was near inpossible to fill up the memory wit the older xbox.

and WOW, motion sensor, wired router! ha, those = why the price is so high, and you never eve need them.

at the end of the holiday season, the top selling is going to be:

microsoft
Wii
sony

end of story, and its so obvious. too bad ps3 had to many shortages, now the kids will have to wait till after chrismas (about 4 months after) and by that time they will get a wii or 360. so sony's done. the price is too high for what ur gettin. yes, blue-ray ubt we wont use that till another 10 years or so. GUARENTEED :-) :-) :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2341
haha u people suxs and make sick hahaha ok people wait till this november when the ps2 came out and well see halo 3 ps3 killer ok man.

haha bluray its not gonna happen in a while hahah. its already happen, people are startin buyin hd dvd and blu rays now the 1 million question who will win???

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3901
people are not buyin blu-ray right now man. HD dvd is what people want right now, blu-ray is only going to interest the HARDCORE HARDCORE movie/gamers who want to spend a bunch of extra money to see the spec of hair on the guys face in about 6-10 years from now. blue-ray will be in its prime in about 10 years. thats what everyone is saying, why dont you read, i saw a whole segment on discussing this topic..

ok man, halo 3 is going to be the ps3 killer, they have been designing this game to do so. for about 3 years stright now.

haha, "halo sux" lol

"u people suxs and make sick " ?? wtf kind of languade is this man?

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 827
what grade are you in man ?, no offence (well maybe a little) but what kind of teacher would pass you with sentences like that ??

Silver Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 125
Dammit. I have been out of the PS3/360 loop for quite a while now due to school, and the last I remember, the PS3 was looking to be a real Microsoft-killer and a potential revolutionary gaming system. Revolutionary, maybe, but as far as I can tell from this excellent discussion, the 360 is just far more practical.

I had no idea about the memory capactity in the PS3. 60GB?? Is that true? Might as well take out the damned hard drive and use flash all around for quicker speeds. Either way it's a waste. And a motion sensor?? Router?? wtf. AND the 360 has better stats when it comes to real-world applications.

When did Sony release the vital stats for the PS3? This all major news to me, and only one month before it's released. lol.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3974
yea, its pretty ridiculous. this was a great discussion thought :-)

there is no way ur gonna be using all the memory of the ps3, the extra memoory = price increase, and no1 is ever going to use that much, ever!

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 837
Singh, you hit the nail on its head. The 360 is much more practical for your average gamer.

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 54
the only thing that playstation 2 ever had over the xbox was the selection of games. in my case i am a big RPG fan, and the xbox doesnt have a real RPG the only one that i knew was ever going to come out for it was cancelled a long time ago. so the same thing will probably happen witht he ps3 and the 360.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4143
oblivion is guess... that is supposed to be one of the best that has come out..

they basically had the same games i think. excpet halo for xbox and GTA for ps3. but now GTA is for xbox.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 776
back to the first question,
are they coming out with a GTA 4?
i have not heard about it, i love playing the GTA games

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 843
yes they are, should be out next october for the 360 and ps3

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
The only advantage I see to the PS3 seems to be in its "full" multimedia capacity and comprehensive home theater-esque configuration. If you think about it in those terms, $600 for another HT component isn't so bad, especailly for what the PS3 contains. I've seen Blu-Ray players going for around $1000.

With more and more people going hi-def and having mini home theater setups, I think the PS3 will be around for long while without any major changes. I guess that's why it's so revolutionary.

But again, as a strict gaming device, it's overkill and will ultimately lose to Microsoft in that arena. I think I just may have to buy both...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4156
eh. wase of money if you ask me. the ps3 is only gonna look better if you have a nice 1080p TV, other than that, it will look the same as the 360 even with the blue-ray. yes, blueray is nice, but i think 90% of us are just fine with out HD, because HD is still amazing, and i have seen vids of blue-ray and to be honest i dont see that much of a diff at all. i saw one in person, and watched it for about 30 minutes next to a HD

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Waste of money, really? I don't think I have a component less than $600 in my HT, except the individual speakers and the dvd player. As a strict AV component, I think $600 is a relative value for a 20GB HD, Blu-Ray player, router, motion sensor (maybe used to turn it on or, hopefully, to turn on the receiver and tv it's hooked up to somehow) and a gaming system.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4160
yea, but i also think the 360 for 399 would be fine also :-) has the dvd player also and stuff. i think its a personal preference, for the average to medium gamer, the 360 is by far the best for you. i think the ps3 is more the the hardcore gamer/HT

when i play games, i would just want as console that does its job, if i wanted all that other stuff in a gaming console i would jus buy the other stuff, but stuff like the motion sensor i think it useless, and the router is not a big dal also. XBOX = XBOX LIVE thats why most people get it.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 847
I wouldn't say its a waste of money if your in the market for the whole home theatre idea, but for gaming ....no way

Anyways have you seen the mobs for the ps3 ?? someone at the bestbuy at my house got shot leaving best buy and had their system stolen.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4163
haha. yea

i played the ps3 today actually, and played resistence, fall of man. and to be COMPLETELY HONEST, i think the 360 graphics are wayy better. i read from gamespot that resistence fall of man (their best game at launch) looked like

"a ps2 game on sterids"

i played it on a 1080p tv also. i really dont see anything superior grphaics wise over the 360. i played it for 30 minutes, and it froze on be :-( and i have already been hearing peoples have major overheating problems

thats my review :-) :-)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 848
really ? i haven't had the chance to play it yet but i should sometime this week, i really wish i got one just to sell, those profits are astronomical.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4168
yep, and i just got done playin resistence fall of man (their number one pushed game)

and te game looked almost i IDENTICAL to COD2 (call of duty 2) and the gameplay was slightly different.

it wasnt very good. i heard on G4 that it was supposed to be one of the best shooters, but seriously, the graphics looked like COD2 and the gameplay and how they moved was the same also.. wasnt anything special if you askme, i was expecting a really amazing game. but was dissapointed thatrthe graphcis and gameplay was almost identical to COD2

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 872
Thought I would revive this thread, whats going on guys ?....I was just getting into Zelda for the Wii, and I gotta say damn that gamne is good, best in the series quite possibly one of the best games i'v ever played. So what games you guys reccommend for the holiday season for the wii, 360 or ps2

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4565
haha. wsup.

eh, for the holiday season, i would still say th wii for younger to mid teen agers, and the 360 for the lil older people. then the ps3 is something that i wouldnt spend my 600 bucks on anyway. now that assassins creed isnt a ps3 exclusive :-) and also that MGS4 MIGHT be makin its way to the 360, which means there will be no point in buyin a ps3 cuz thats all people are buyin ir for.

its all about gears of war anyway :-)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 873
I hear thats a really good game, i'll rent it some time soon, its always gone when i go to rent it.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4588
yea, dont rent it. you need to buy it. its not worth renting. its one of the best games made period. it got crazy gaming scores

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 260
I just picked up Guitar Hero 2 for PS2, haven't had a chance to play it but. Zelda and GoW should keep you going for a while, they're pretty good games :-)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 876
Yea definetley, I got a question...I bought the premium edition and I never got a composite cable, I never realized this till me friend told me. So i'm going back to complain about this, my question is I have a rear projection tv that is 2 years old and it says "HDTV ready" does this mean that the composite cable will be compaitble with my tv and actually give me a better quality picture then the standard cables i'm using now ? oh and btw I got Saints Row for my birthday (birthday isn't till christmas eve but my sister tole me, lol)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4616
happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-) :-)

and i dont know much bout TV's, so simon would have to help ya wit that. but i would imagine that the composite would make it better}

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 890
Thanks bro, my parents shocked me when the ygave me a ps3..now i got all the next gen consoles..dom't think i have time for all this

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4620
what! you got a ps3? wtf? dam bro

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 891
Yea, we were opening presents this morning and nothing was out of the ordinary...till they told me to look in the fireplace and there it was...I was pumped

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 261
PS3? Lol, that's crazy.

Umm RE the HDTV (if you haven't figured this out already), if your TV says HD ready on it, then it should support HD resolutions. You'll have component ins somewhere (the red, blue and green ones) that you plug in, set the AV lead to HD, and set the resolution in the system blade to whatever you want (personally, I think 720p > 1080i) and you should get a kick-@ss picture, especially on games like GoW.

And happy birthday

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 892
Ok, i'm following you to the red,blue, and green ones. I've plugged those in and i've switched the little button on the cables to HDTV, but what is the system blade ? and do I need to adjust anything on my tv ?

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 265
The 'blades' are just what Microsoft call the menus in the dashboard. The very right one is the System blade and in one of the menus there you can select from 480p, 720p or 1080i. Choose 720p (IMO), and bob should hopefully be your uncle. Your TV should automatically display the picture correctly, but if it doesn't, there'll be a menu setting where you can set the input of your TV to match the output of your Xbox (ie 720p).

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 893
Ok great, i'll give that a try...thanks

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3137
yea.

360 = bigger memory
360 = bigger graphics card
Ps3 = a lil bit faster processor, but not by much

i too think its gonna flop

^^^ totally lost haha. bigger memory yes but slower the ps3 have a higher clock speed and i mean higher on the memory.

360 bigger video card processor or faster videocard? your full of shyt the ps3 have the rsx graphics processor equals to two 6600gt ultras.

and finally a bit faster procesor??? haha u mean alot faster ps3 and xbox have same clock but the ps3 have 7 cores and xbox 2 so that means the ps3 its almost 3 times faster the ps3 have 8 one its reserver for something i forgot.

ps3 its gonna won no matter what. and about the xbox reputation its gonna go into a million pieces. Microsoft own windows they made hundreds literally hundreds of pages saying that the xbox its superior and they are wrong juzz because they made those pages. the cell procesor from the ps3 its gonna be used in the military because its the fastest and most reliable processor.

the ps3 its gonna be out for like 8-10 years before its replaced. the xbox its gonna last like 2 because of new hardware development. each game its gonna need more powerful console and the xbox will not have that.

right now xbox have the lead well ps3 and xbox are tied, but wait till game creators learn how to master the ps3 they are gonna create games that cant be played on xbox because of the low end hardware.

sony its gonna mash xbox by put in out some hardcore games like gran turismo, metal gear, the new killzone, unreal tournament, socom,devil may cry, final fantasy series and alot more other.

oh wait but the ps3 its too expensive.

nope u wrong, 600 its an ok price, xbox its expensive, 300 for the simple console plus 200 for the hd player thats its gonna be useless in a few years its like havin a beta max in your sega genesis, plus ull need the hard drive. and the xbox comes with wireless already add 100 for the xbox in total the xbox will be around 800 plus online and plus battery stuff.

the only problem with ps3 its their operating system that cant support some resolutions like 1080p at 60hz and etc. but thats juzz cool because thats gonna be gone in a few moments because its gonna be replaceable via the internet download, the ps3 can browse the interenet cool stuff.

ps3 have the sixs axis cool too.

ps3 its if you do the math alot cheaper.

xbox its a cool system yes but games suxks, when xbox was released u coulnt play musik while playing music but now u can its juzz a download for your xbox with the ps3 wait alil too.

in other words the ps3 have the lead no xbox cant match the ps3 even the wii its gonna beat the xbox halo its cool because of halo but haha wii juzz got the best launch game of all time the zelda twilight. and sony have some good halo killers the new killzone, unreal tournament and a few others haha xbox suxs even that i have my own xbox 360 :-) but i only play gears of war.

mr.rob

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3138
its cool that both consoles support 1080p. but some tv's dont support 1080p signals via components. and if they do its a risk that u could have signal noise on the cables and xbox hardware dont support hdmi output even with the hd-dvd uw ill stick with component. ps3 have better shadow technologies and better graphics processing than the xbox right now u cant tell because developers dont know how to use it, wait a few months or 1 one year. juzz like when they laucnhed the ps2 the games were ok but they looked like crap juzz compare a ps2 game from the launching and compare another game from now u do the math.

and bassman u look like u never played resistance because everything u said didnt made sense.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3139
why the hell would u want to play with 7 ppl on the one screen that would be stupid. and the cpu speed is the same with the ps3 and the 360. the ps3's graphics card is slightly faster altough from the sounds of it, it seems that while the ps3 is good at gpu processing in one part it totally fails in another. so it looks like the ps3's card is just one that looks better on paper. as for the blue-ray...as if anyone will actually be buying blue-ray disks for ages! and besides just get the hd-dvd add on for the 360. but the 2 words to solve all this is

xbox live

and haha of course halo

and also, hah yea, the Ps3 has 60 gb's of memory, but you would never even use 3 gb's. EVER! so there the price is up again...

^^^ funny stuff. the first paraghrap i respoded in my first post.

second the xbox live u want to pay 70 bucks a year for something u can get it for free and better. right now the ps3 online its alil crappy but it was when the xbox was launched too juzz a few download and ull see some cool stuff.and on ps3 u can play online with like 100 people simultaneously but there arent games out there that support that only 40 like resistance that has superb online play.

about the hard drive yes u will need more than 60 gb's why?? because on ps3 like the xbox u want to download hi definition movies on your ps3 and u will store them on your hard drive each movie takes around 3 gb's that why ps3 hard drive its user replaceable u can use a laptop hard drive and place it on the ps3 so the disk limit its endless. plus theres some rumors that u can trick your ps3 and store games ps2 games on the hard drive. and u will speed those long load times, so for storing some cool games ull need some good memory.

and about the blue ray that u cant play it on ages. that cool if you have a standard tv. if you have a hd its a must. the blu-ray playback on the ps3 its superb so outstanding that u never see that kind of picture before. and yes if u have a standard tv. thats ok but in like 2 years the standard will be blu-ray since sony have higher support for their media than hd-dvd

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12253
"and about the blue ray that u cant play it on ages. that cool if you have a standard tv. if you have a hd its a must. the blu-ray playback on the ps3 its superb so outstanding that u never see that kind of picture before. and yes if u have a standard tv. thats ok but in like 2 years the standard will be blu-ray since sony have higher support for their media than hd-dvd"

Where do you get this information?
Blu-ray DVD is NOT A MUST for HD TV. I have an HD TV and I do not use blu-ray nor HD-DVD. What is your baseline to state that the blu-ray playback on aPS3 is "superb"? Are you the authority on superb playbacks? The experts are arguing over this and you know for sure? I have tried both players and they do offer great picture quality but not for the price they are asking for. I'll hold off until they have a standard. And you can't possibly prove that you know for certain which format is going to win out. No one can effectively predict that, unless you're from the future. Those are just irresponsible statements. Yours are very loud opinions, please do not state them as facts.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4636
lol. lil rob, ur a such a ps3 fanboy man. instead of trying to prove how smart you are by giving all this technological garbage, why dont you look at the ps3 reviews and what every gaming site says about the ps3. the gamning companies are moving out away from sony... which means they will have way less exclusives. with GTA 4 being xbox now, unreal tourny , and now with ALOT of talk about MGS4 bein on xbox too, ps3 is done for. you think you know about the graphics and you say how ps3 have better shadows and stuff, ps3's lighting is the WORST i have ever seen from a console. take a look, and you can compare for yourself right here:

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162...&click=topslot

here is a brand new graphics comparison. not even a contest, the ps3's lighting realy does suck. look at the 3rd or 4th page on tony hawks project 8, haha

and xbox is comin out with a second version xbox that with support HDMI and 1080p

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/

and resistence is "alright". doesnt have the re-playability at all. i have aleady beaten it

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3141
ok my friend u said that manufactures are leaving sony?? u mean those are rumors. ok if microsoft comes with a xbox v2 u will spend another 300 or 400 for new system with same power juzz with a hdmi output. and u right about the lighting because the ps3 its recreating the 3d enviroment of the game that its different from the ps3 plataform. like i said wait alil for the developers to master the ps3 then ull see some real graphics. and mgs4 bein on microsoft?? yoru totally high my friend.

yes gt4 its gonna be out for xbox too, but hey their will be limited content on the xbox version since the content can only be 4 g's and the ps3 version will have like endless stuff. bigger maps better graphics's more cars, trucks, motorcycle bicycles etc. the ps3 will have 50 g's of memory on each disc so rockstar was sayin "we cant make a full game because of space" haha now they have like 6 times more space than the previous format, and yes the xbox will have some cool features too but not that great.

and let me tell ya xbox has a chance to survive and not be like the sega, why?? because of halo 3 if sony comes with a better game and beat that halo 3 xbox its done period.

if halo didn't exist now the xbox will be piece of trash, like the sega dreamcast cool but not that cool.

and those manufacturers things are rumors stay with facts no opinions.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4637
yes they are rumors, but, they wouldnt be rumors if the game developers werent thinking about it. so it has crossed their mind and they have been thinkin about it. developers have said it too hard to hack into the ps3 and thats why some are thinkin about leavin.

and no, halo 1 is just what made the xbox. there are plenty of other games that make it the best console. and you cant say that with the xbox v2, that its not going to have more power, thats not a fact. the only fact is that it will have 120 GB hard drive and HDMI. obviously it will be more powerful than the ps3. too many people have been talking about the ps3 failing, and of course the 3609 was the number one selling console (like i said) over the holiday season by more than a half million more consoles sold

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3147
ofcorse the xbox its gona be the best selling console. why??? they have a year out in the market and they have some god supply of xbox. ps3 were only 500,000 made for all us, intotal of sales xbox 360 have sold around 1.5 million xbox 360 cool, but the first million its easy, the ps2 sold more than 10 million units world wide and keep going strong. look at the charts my friend 6 out of 10 best selling games are for the ps2, for example:

right now the best sellin game its scarface the world its your for ps2, the sames scarface its on 11 position for xbox ummm number one spot for ps2 or 11th for xbox ummm.

madden nfl 07 its 3rd in charts for the ps2 right now same game on xbox its on 7th position.

mortal kombat armageddon its on 5th position for ps2 and for xbox its on 20th position.

you do the math not even xbox 360 cant outsell the ps2. so wait the ps3 to get more confortable.

the xbox 360v2 will not be more powerfull, no no, they will make the same chip only bigger 68mm to make the xbox run cooler and more smoothly ( not all heated up and stuff) they will make the chip bigger not better.

over the holiday season over 500k units sold??? my friend that was the target for sony, sony only made 800,000 units for world wide only 500.000 made to the us, and guess wat all of them got sold not even in a week, and about developers leavin sony??? your full of shyt they cant leave sony because the ps3 have better hackin safe features developers dont want their games to be hacked will the xbox 360 its easy to hack because their operatin systems its similar to windows. and to make a ps3 games its easier on the ps3.

sony its loosing 306.85 dollars on the 20gb and 242.35 on the 60gb for every console sold.

oh and xbox its coming with the 120gb hard drive oh but u said that will not need more than 3 g's ummm.

for the love of me people sony juzz launched so shut the f$ck up and wait till the ps3 gets more stable then you talk.

dont juzz read any page on the internet and say its a fact i dont know look for trusted sites and people not pages like xbox360vsps3.com or xbox360rules.com look somehwere else like gameinformer.com and read the manufactures sites alil plz.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 905
Whoa, I missed a lot....as a person who owns all 3 next gen consoles..I can tell you at this point it goes 1. Xbox 360 2. Wii 3. PS3, the PS3 was a huge dissapointment (good thing I never paid for it) LilRob sorry to break your heart but its true the ps3 is no where close to what I expected its a flop and resistance fall of man is not good, I hope for the people who bought this system that it gets better cause ppl spent way too much on it, the wii is even better bud.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4638
lil rob, ur funny man. y do you think most EVERY ps3 owner says that the ps3 isnt that good. its all hype. and by the time for sony to catch up graphics wise, it will be in 6 years from now. the 360 is a year in head of them, and every game that sony makes, 360 will have a year on them. so its going to be a LONG LONG time

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 906
I don't care what the ps3 has, its really sad that even having an extra year wasn't able to help them in the graphics department (one of the biggest reasons ppl buy consoles) 360 still has better graphics....sad really...my system is just collecting dust.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4642
do you have gears of war JC?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9794
X360 > PS3

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2435
^^^ indeed

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 907
No bassman, I don't have it yet...but I will soon can't quite fit it into my budget yet....games for next gen consoles are expensive its been awhile since i've blown $70 on a game

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2444
PS3 blows nuts

Xbox 360 is amazing

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9811
^^^ indeed.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3214
for your information xbox 360 v2 its not gonna be available, bill gates said that they are not thinkin about makin into production because if they do they are gonn alose big money because they had to redesign the xbox from scratch since the video card dont support hdmi. for one more time they are not making a new xbox 360v2 if u are really informed about the ces show ull know this thank you.

and like i said i dont have the ps3 i have the xbox 360 i dont like it too much but its ok i only use it to play gears of war. for the ps3 u have to wait alil and well see whos number one thank you (again)

Username: Gus738

Post Number: 5
i not a fan boy of either system but the ps3 is actually the less expensive on its quite simple really a 360 cost 400 + 200 for the hd add on(yep its needed to compare to the ps3) right there its the same price then wireless connection for the 360 runs 100 more thats 700 then your still missing 40 gb extra and a bunch of feaetures , i own a 360 i plan on gettin ps3 the only reason i have 360 is due to the halo games. now ps3 cost 500 and there you have your blue ray player ( cost 1 go blue players ) then you also got your sort of pc (linux) and you can play a bunch of ps1/ps2 games off the disc Not emulation like the 360 . i know i missing alot of stuff but really it depends on you of what you want or if your getting both . oh the ps3 is True 1080P while the 360 soposly hits 1080P and we really dont know it evn if it says on the dash hdmi port is hdmi port . now the x360 v2 Is coming but i dk if its gonna be named like that or just a simple revision because it was gonna hit in this feb but got delayed (dk why) they are gonna change the processor to 65mm so it gonna be less loud and cooler their have been shots of the hdmi port which seems to be a strong possbility , as far as the bigger hard drive and the hd dvd built in that might be a diffrent story , if they do have those 2 extra stuff then expect to pay a good price but if it doesnt have the hd built in and the bigger hd then its gonna be a reasonable upgrade. this is why i tell everyone to buy a warranty from like CC or best buy cuz w/e reason you got they give you ur refund back . better yet costco is the best store in my case i bought my 360 there its a bugged one whenever i want to go there wether its 3 months or 5 yrs they'll give me my full Cash refund not store credit and you dont need to buy warrantys. so you be wise to buy a 360/ps3 from costco so in case theirs a revision like the upcoming one for the 360 all you do is visit your local costco and get your cash back and rebuy it ( thats why they'll tell you when you ask them i want an exchange my 360 is broken , they dont repair just refund and you get ur new one from there .

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 276
Arrg, I hate hearing that same argument over and over again. Sure, the built-in blu-ray is all well and good if you actually want a BRD drive, but they don't give you a choice, which is what frustrates me.

Also, decreasing the size of the CPU chip (not increasing) would cause it to run more efficiently; the 'Zephyr' was rumoured to have a 65nm (not mm) CPU, over the original's 90nm. I'd strongly consider buying a PS3 myself if I didn't have to spend a thousand freaking AUD to do so. Don't tell me that's not too expensive for a games console.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i mean of course both are expensive im just syaing ps3 turns out be the least expensive if you look at the picture, and did you konw the blur ray that the ps3 carries is considerd the best blue ray player? just buy either one from costco and your fine even with the revision thats coming up in the future , oh and ms did confirm to make a future one with 65Mm ( they always said M M not Nm) and they said that it will have iptv And the bigger hard drive And sporting the hdmi port , its on engadget .com (engadgethd .com too)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 913
What Simon said, lol.. I have no idea about all this stuff but from my own personal experience the PS3 is an awesome paperweight (has a lot to do with its library of games) but still I find myself much more interested to play the xbox 360...

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 277
I don't care if the Blu-Ray player in the PS3 is the best or not, I don't want a Blu-Ray player. That's what I'm saying. It's like me saying "I'll sell you this Xbox 360 for $15000, and it comes with the best yacht you can buy" (exaggerated and maybe a poor analogy, but you get the drift).

And there were rumors that Microsoft were working on a revision of the Xbox 360 with smaller CPU (65 nm, and nm for nanometres is correct) and HDMI out, but a Microsoft spokesperson's denied that.

Not that any of that matters, coz I find myself much more interested to play my 360 too, JC :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4646
hahaha. and the blue-ray in the ps3 IS NOT the best one, haha. its actually the cheapest one. it reatils for 300 dollars... reg blue-rays are around 700-1000 +. and the 360 v2 was only a rumor lil rob, and it might still happen, ya never know. and a wireless connection for 100 dollars? what? and you dont need a 40 gb of extra space... i have over 15 demos, and tons and tons of games saves and i still have space left.

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9866
most game demos average 500-900mb of space. that isn't a lot considering the length and depth of some of the demos.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4648
i see your usually playin some kind of demo muddy

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 915
Some of the demos like need for speed are around 1.4gb i believe, so they are getting bigger

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
bass man your wrong and sounds like your a x360 fanboy ^_^ if you been reading ps3's blue ray is the most advance blue ray plaer out now not only it does bd J and bd live but it passed on all test except 3:2 pull down .....

[quote]hahaha. and the blue-ray in the ps3 IS NOT the best one, haha. its actually the cheapest one. it reatils for 300 dollars... reg blue-rays are around 700-1000 +. and the 360 v2 was only a rumor lil rob, and it might still happen, ya never know. and a wireless connection for 100 dollars? what? and you dont need a 40 gb of extra space... i have over 15 demos, and tons and tons of games saves and i still have space left.[/quote]

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4653
thats not what i heard, thats all im sayin. im not a 360 fanboy, i have played ALL systems, and the ps3 for most people inlcusing 10 of my friends is just collectin dust

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
right like im going to belive that lol you have a ps3 and your not gonna play it lmao ,.... wait for a few more games that are out then we'll see but on the serious note google the ps3 being the best blue ray player you'll find the answer

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4654
right here bud:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/1/17/6658

the ps3's blue-ray is extremely slow :-( and its just crushing the sony

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/07/ps3-harming-blu-ray-acceptance/
and yes, even alot of ps3's are just gahterin dust right now, (if you have a 360 and a ps3) because now you cant get rid of it on ebay as people thought. they are in supply now, and no one seems to be buying them. ALL of my friends who have both consoles inclusing JC ^^^^ up in the earlier posts, just barely even uses theirs. they take soo long to load games up, and there are not even any good games, and all the good games that were supposed to be ps3 exclusives are not going 360 man.

if there were a bunch of games that were ps3 exclusives that i thought (or anyone for that matter) are going to be big selling games (comparing to gears of war for the 360 which nothing will sell like that... 4 mill copies sold already, fastet ever)
i would then say it would be a close war, but the games are going multi-platform, and now, i really dont see ANY good games coming in for the ps3 that wont be multi-plat

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3374
its still a rumor??? haha buddy well microsoft spoke man denied the xbox 360v2 he said it will never happen he said that on the ces show and various interviews.

why are you loosing your time lookin at website that dont even matter. try real microsoft.com of ign.com or gamespot.com and a few others not those website that dont even matter you dont even know if they are thelling the truth. liek i said microsoft have thousands of websites sayin bad things about ps3 because microsoft wants to take out the ps3. i was lookin at some website like the ones you posted sayin that the xbox 360 its faster than the ps3 at the moment of sayin that you dont trust that site.

bassman you will end up getting the ps3 later on when the xbox 360 cant keep up with the new systems

go look some info on trusted websites.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4655
i dont need a blue-ray, and by the time the ps3 catches up, i think the new console will be on its way. i really dont care bout a 360 v2, its the games that matter the most and i like the games on the 360

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 925
Yep, I haven't played my PS3 in over 2 weeks and the only reason I played it was to see if NHL 2K7 was better on it, and it wasn't so I went back to the 360 version...WAY BETTER !! its loads within seconds, graphics are crisper and the controller just feels more comfortable.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12558
What a lot of people still don't get, is that it is about the games and the quality of the games you can play on the console that matters.

The specs on the most powerful super whatever game system is nothing if you do not have quality games. So what if the PS3 is a superior machine? Okay, let us pause for a moment and just say that IT IS A SUPERIOR MACHINE! Now what? Are you going to use it if there are very few quality games on it?

If you like your machine, because you actually use it and enjoy it, then you get it! Regardless of who made the console.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2474
exactly, so what berny is saying is PS3 blows giganitc balls, and the Xbox 360 is amazing

YAY XBOX

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12569
What I'm saying is yay for great games :-)

would it be more credible if I type in big bold letters???

or maybe bigger fonts???

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2477

quote:

What I'm saying is yay for great games

right, but mostly Xbox games lol

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3428
if great games you want ull still be playing ps2 and wait till god of war muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 930
Thats true ^^PS2 had a domiant library

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3460
and still have and is still ruling the game industry like around mid 07 the ps2 its gonn alost its position and let the wii or when the new units and the oficially ps3 games jump in.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4660
there is no good ps3 games coming out till a long azz time. i have looked at all the games until 2008, and none of them are anythning special. god of war is the only game that looks pretty good.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3479
simon

Username: Phillipsworld

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
is halo 3 a good game and is everything with the disk fine i heard that the disc gets scratched
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us