Hitachi projection hdtv and x box

bshef44
Unregistered guest
Does anyone play x box on projection without damage? I just got x box with Nascar 2005 and wanted to use it on my big screen. Any way to do this and preserve screen? Thanks.

mrhaider
Unregistered guest
If its a rear projection tv, than you are out of luck my friend. There is no quick fix to this issue. If you want a big screen that wont suffer burn in, then you should probably look for in upgrading to the newer tvs except for crt, plasmas, and rear projection tvs. Unfortunatly, these three types of tvs suffer from burn in.

Hope this helped answer your question.

Username: Sussyn

Post Number: 1
very interesting information!

http://www.theblackjacktable.com

Username: Antidestro

Smithville, Missouri USA Baby

Post Number: 5
what do you mean "burn in" ?
getting 52" Mitsu rear projection, tell me what burn in is all about?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11723
This is from

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ISSUES/what_sets_avail.html

"What is burn-in?

The phosphors used in CRTs and plasma displays become less bright with usage. The phenomenon is a lot like "tire wear". If you drive fast, the wear-per-mile increases, but there is some wear at any speed. The speed of a car corresponds to white in a TV image.

CRT burn-in used to be rare, but the demand for brighter images has made manufacturers less conservative. Now CRTs that have been showing a Windows desktop for a couple years will often show a lightly burned-in task bar when the screen is painted all white. The CRTs in big-screen TVs are pushed even harder, especially in the largest sets.

All CRT and plasma sets dim with usage. Making the screen age evenly is the user's responsibility. The user must ensure that a fixed, unmoving shape is not displayed for many hours, or that shape will slowly become burned into the screen.

LCD, LCoS, and DLP sets do not suffer burn-in. (Some LCD and LCoS sets exhibit "image retention", but it goes away in an hour or so.)"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us