Should I get an iPad or repair my laptop?

Username: Toccara

Oswego, NY U.s.a

Post Number: 1
Should I get an iPad or repair my laptop?
I have a 2007 MacBook pro that died on my last week. It is past the warranty period and has a faulty logic board that can be replaced for $650. I am an engineering student in college and do most of my work on my iMac� so I really only need word processing on it. I did use matlab and autocad on it� but since I have them on my desktop� it's not absolutely necessary I have it on my laptop. I really just need to type notes in class. I would definitely get the keyboard for the ipad too. My dad works for apple so I can get a 25% discount on an iPad or another MacBook. Will an iPad suffice for what I need it for� should I fix my MacBook pro� or should I get the new 13" MacBook pro?

---------------------------------------------

Username: Kevinwhite

Post Number: 9
Hi,
having learnt about your problem, I think I can give you some advice, hoping it can be helpful for you. iPad is famous for its easy taking and comfortable operating experience. You said you just need to complete your research or homework on Mac, so iPad is suitable for you to take your homework with you and you can complete them whenever and whereever you like. The old version of Macbook seems to be difficult to carry on your Matlab.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16009
Get a new Macbook. The iPad is a great toy, but really, that ipad keyboard is not one of the better userinterface on the iPad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us